Call Me

Untouchable

My head dropped onto the wooden desk in front of me; the action causing SooKyung’s bobble head of some baseball player she was obsessed with wobble back and forth, it’s mouth gaping cheerfully at me  as if it was mocking my clear dissatisfaction. I sighed and pushed the stupid toy away to set my phone down; brushing my hair off of my face, I turned to SooKyung, who had resulted to ignoring me after the fifth of my mini-meltdowns caused by the endless phone calls of rejections from every single place I’d applied to. Each manager giving me a different reason for why they wouldn’t be able to offer me a job; all of those reasons were complete lies; I knew why they wouldn’t take me, everyone knew. It was the same reason why I had virtually every eye on me as soon as I stepped out of the dorms and the reason I now had Kim RyuHa and Oh MinYoung watching my every move. And that reason was none other than Bang Yongguk; and I hated him even more than I usually did; if that was even possible. I huffed and crossed my arms as I moved to the window sill.

“I take it that was another no.” SooKyung stated, her face still aimed at the fifth page of some gossip magazine as she laid on her bed.

“You would be correct” I sighed impatiently and groaned “Ottoke?” I wondered, wrecking my brain for any ideas for my current situation; only one solution filtering through my brain; and it was one I would absolutely hate, but I needed a job “I have no other options” I shook my head “It’s the only place that would accept me”

“Is there really no other place?”

“No one will even consider taking me SooKyung” I shook my head and took my phone to check the time. Glancing up from my phone, I walked back to the table and grabbed my bag “I have to go” I told her, realizing my class was all the way across campus and I’d have to walk through the rain. She nodded and stood to close the door behind me.

“KiYeon” she called before I could step out of the room “Don’t make any rash decisions; you could still find another job; just wait a little bit; something will turn up”

Shaking my head “I don’t have time Soo; you know why; I need something now” biting my lip as my grip on the umbrella tightened “There’s no other option”

She looked at me with worry, but nodded anyway; her eyes digging into my back as I walked towards the elevators. I ignored the looks around me as I walked down the spacious hallway, wondering if my decision would be the right one and hoping I could somehow cope with working for Bang Yongguk.

 

 ClassClassClassClassClass

 

Even when my head was nearly buried into the textbook I could feel his cold eyes on me. His haunting stare burning right into the side of my face as his body turned to look in my direction from the back row of desks.

“Mr. Jung” the annoyed teacher dared to grab his attention, it made me turn to glance at his un-amused face at the teachers clear displeasure of his actions “How about you look at the board instead of letting your eyes wander where they obviously don’t belong” the professor instructed with a snap, enveloping the classroom in silence as everyone stared at the new professor; one who was rumored to be from Mokpo, who lacked knowledge on how things worked in Seoul.

Leo stared blankly at the professor; his expression one of pure boredom as he leaned back against his seat; his eyebrow rising up challengingly “I would If there was anything important on it” his soft voice retorted sharply.

The professor looked surprised at Leo’s choice of words “Why don’t you leave.”

“Are you kicking me out?” Leo asked monotonously

“Yes”

Leo met the professor’s eyes directly, his angered expression growing dark, but his tone of voice never changing “Is that so?” he asked and didn’t wait for the answer before standing and walking smoothly out of the room.

The class looked after him and then turned to the professor with wide eyes; all of us wondering throughout the class if we should expect a new professor next week.  I turned back to the textbook; reading the same sentence I had been re-reading for the past ten minutes one more time before finishing the last sentence of the essay and turning it in as fast as I could; shooting the professor a worried look before walking out of the quiet classroom. My heart nearly shoot out of my chest when I was grabbed forcefully and pushed against a wall as I turned the corner. Strong hands holding my forearms tight enough that I would probably have bruises, even with my thick sweater and coat. Looking up I nearly screamed when I realized who was holding me so strongly. Leo’s dark sinister gaze beholding my frame before moving to my alarmed eyes. I could feel my heart thump against my chest as one of his hands pulled away from my forearm; raising towards my face; his finger grazed the bottom of my chin, making me pull away from his touch; his look darkened and his fingers gripped my chin and pulled me sharply towards him, I stumbled and my hands splayed over his chest, trying to stabilize myself before I snatched my hands away and tried to unsuccessfully pull my chin from his grip. “What?” he chuckled darkly “Bang Yongguk can touch you, but I can’t?” he hissed into my ear

“Get off of me” I managed to pull away only for him to grip my wrists in his hands tightly, my discomfort growing when he smoothed his thumbs on the inside of my wrist

“You’re going to hurt yourself KiYeon; stop struggling” he demanded in a dangerous tone; his dark eyes stabbing into mine warningly as he pulled me close, so I was pressed against his chest

“Get off!” I screamed and used enough strength to pull my wrists free and stumble back a few steps “Don’t ever touch me!” I yelled, my feet unconsciously backing away as he advanced on me until he caged me in against the wall, I pressed against the wall as much as I could to get enough space between us.

“Didn’t I already ing tell you you’re mine?” he hissed “You think I’m going to let Yongguk touch what belongs to me? eung?” he demanded an answer

I couldn’t stand him anymore, I needed to get away from him; Only allowing my first decision to lead my actions, I brought my knee up as hard as I could and pushed him away when he howled in anguish and cupped his crotch.

“Not that it’s any of your business” I sneered “But Yongguk hasn’t touched me” I found myself replying and hated the defensive tone I unconsciously took on even when I was lying through my teeth “Don’t come near me TaekWoon” I warned, turning hurriedly to move as far away from him as I could. His last words to me running through my ear, sending chills down my back.

“You’ll regret that sweetheart” he hissed

 

HongdaeHongdaeHongdae

 

I couldn’t believe myself. I was standing just a few feet away from the entrance of Mercy café. My hand itching to take the handle, but my entire being doubting my decision at the same time. Why was I here? All because of Yongguk-sshi, everything was his entire fault. Would I even be able to be around these people for more than a second? Doubtful; and yet here I was. Taking a deep breath, I looked towards the counter and realized the same girl, Hyohee, was working the front counter with the younger girl, SunJi. I opened the door, alerting one of the two customers sitting at a corner table. I made my way towards the counter and cleared my throat “Is he here?” I asked

They both looked up from their tasks, SunJi smiled brightly at me with an excited wave while Hyohee looked at me disinterestedly.

“Is who here today?”

 I quirked my eyebrow “Let’s not play the idiocy game again, alright?

“He’s not here” She stated “KiYeon, right?” she asked “Yongguk said I’d be seeing you around here” she informed me

“What, he just assumed I’d come running to him?” I mumbled, apparently loud enough for her to hear.

“Well you did. Didn’t you?” Hyohee deadpanned with a raised eyebrow “You’re here for the job right?” she asked “Little miss high class with a foot up her a-“

“Baby!” Daehyun’s voice echoed over us and I ly to notice that the two men in the corner were Zelo and Daehyun; The older of the two was currently throwing his arms out in the air at Hyohee’s words, as if telling her to be carefull of what she says. Turning back to the woman, who was clearly ignoring her boyfriend, I narrowed my eyes at her “Please tell me I won’t be working with you

“I’m not exactly excited either” she rolled her eyes before turning to SunJi-sshi “SunJi, go in the backroom and grab an apron for her” she instructed the younger girl

“Neh, unnie” SunJi sent me a smile and swiftly turned to walk towards the backroom

“An apron?” I wondered

She smiled at me and leaned over “You put it over your clothes” she instructed slowly

Before I could snap back at her, SunJi emerged with an apron, the same logo from the sign outside embroidered on the front. Great. Another stamp that would identify me as some kind of property and relate me back to the ever infuriating Bang Yongguk.

“You’re training with Hyohee unnie today KiYeon unn-“ SunJi stuttered over the honorific before letting her smile fall a little at my stare; the action only causing me a little guilt at the happy girls small sign of sadness “KiYeon-sshi” she said “Unnie trained me as well, so you’re in good hands”

Oh… fantastic.

 

LittleBitLaterLittleBitLaterLittleBitLater

 

“Ok” Hyohee turned to me “why don’t you try looking happy this time” she instructed

“I am happy” I rolled my eyes and smiled at the next customer before taking their order and relaying it back to SunJi.

“Oh yeah, I can see it; Like a ray of ing sunshine” she hissed low enough for only me and SunJi to hear as I accepted the customer’s money.

“Aren’t I? I’m so happy” I replied “Do you see me? I’m bouncing off the walls.” I let my sarcasm match hers and met her challenging gaze.

SunJi tried to conceal her giggle as she leaned over to hand the customer their pastry and waved cutely at them “Have a nice day!” she cried after them.

“Put your happy big girl pants on and fake the shiiiii-“ her eyes flickered to the customer and she lowered her voice “Out of that happiness”

“I would put on my happy pants, but you already pissed in them”

“That’s it! You ungrateful little ! Zelo! Go get your apron on!” she demanded before another customer could walk into the café.

“No, sit down Zelo” I instructed, my hand gripping my hips tightly, to keep them from reaching over and wringing her neck.

“Go, Zelo” she challenged me and I noticed Zelo stand in my peripheral.

“Sit down, Zelo.”  He sat again, his eyes widening as he looked between us.

Go!”

“Sit down!”

“Hyung!” Zelo cried for help just as Daehyun emerged from the restroom.

“Woah, woah… Ladies…” Daehyun pulled Hyohee back a little and stepped between us “Let’s just calm down for a second”

“What’s going on?” the deep unmistakable voice of Yongguk-sshi asked from the door. My eyes traveled down his all black attire, the only color coming from the red on his black leather jacket “KiYeon” he smiled widely. His eyes traveling over my apron “Annyeong” he greeted

“Bang” Himchan moved the attention away from me as he walked through the door and greeted Yongguk-sshi “I’ll have to drop by my apartment first”

“I thought you guys were leaving tomorrow?” Zelo asked curiously

Himchan looked directly at Zelo “Change of plans kid” he replied before walking right out of the café.

Yongguk turned back to me “Come on KiYeon” he instructed and moved to his office which he unlocked and opened.  My feet carried me after him and I stood at the door, watching as he pulled a heavy looking duffle bag that was way too shady for me to want to know what was in there. Placing the bag on the floor in front of the desk, he reached for my hand and before I could pull it back from him he pulled me into the room lightly and let me go, closing the door behind me before he went around his desk and bend down “I won’t be around for the next couple of days” he informed me, my eyes blinking at him in confusion. I needed to know this, why? “We’ll work out your schedule and pay when I get back” he stood with a suitcase in his hand, walking around to grab the duffle bag, he took it easily and opened the door “You might see some guys around; don’t be too alarmed.” He stated seriously, pulling me again once he’d dropped the bags on the floor and reached to close the door.

I looked at him, my mouth gaping open as I watched him; His words registering to my brain. Who the hell… “Excuse me?” I tried to catch up with his longer legs as he walked away from me with his bags in his arms, he didn’t stop until we were already outside. His fingers lifting up the trunk of his car easily “That’s really ing dangerous by the way” I pointed at his open trunk; I shook my head at my distraction “Don’t you dare send people to check on me!” I demanded

“No one touches my car” he chuckled “And they’re not” he smirked “Think of it as admiring you, girls like that right?” he wondered as he pushed the case into his car

“That’s called stalking!” I cried “It’s illegal in case you didn’t know!”

“A lot of things are illegal” he grinned impishly “Surprisingly, I don’t think stalking is one of them” he teased

“Yongguk-sshi!” I warned

He smirked “Call me oppa”

My glower grew with my blush at his words “Never.”

He winked at me and I tried to contain my ever-growing blush as I felt it darken over my cheeks. He laughed loudly “You look adorable” he commented

I rolled my eyes, my arms crossing over my chest as I cocked my hip “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t send your minions to spy on me.” I explained

He smiled lightly, reaching down to grab the duffle bag “You don’t understand how my world works KiYeon” he pointed out

“I understand more than you think” I met his eyes, swallowing my next words quickly.

“Then you should know that it’s not as safe as some people believe it to be” he said seriously; and without realizing it, he had walked close enough to me that he now stood less than a foot in front of me “It’s only until I get back” he whispered softly “And mostly when you’re out of Hongdae”

I shook my head, cringing as he leaned in closer “Please don’t kiss me” was the only thing I could get out of my mouth; His deep chuckle reached my ear, making the hair at my nape stick up when I realized how close his face was to mine. Peeping my eyes open I closed them quickly when his lips pecked my cheek lightly “Don’t worry” he smirked “I’m sorry I stole a kiss from you the other day” he apologized, his eyes twinkling with mirth before his fingertips grazed my cheek and he moved towards his open trunk; I gaped at his blatant lie.

“No you’re not!” I accused and walked towards him, my arms wrapping around my torso as the night air hit me

“No” he laughed “I’m not” he admitted, shooting me his ridiculous gummy smile

“” I glared

“Hmm” he restrained his laugh and nodded to Daehyun who was walking out of the café and towards another parked car.

“I’m sorry I can’t take you home tonight” he apologized, making me furrow my eyebrows

“You’re not my keeper” I reminded

His head disappeared from my view as he pushed something around in his trunk before finally shutting it. “Zelo’s making sure you get home safely” he explained, ignoring my comment and walking around so he was facing me, he leaned against his car, keys in one hand and the other ran through his hair as he looked at me

“On his skateboard?” I wondered with a raised eyebrow, my own lips defiantly pulling into a small smirk as he let out an amused laugh

“Hey” an offended voice called and the sound of Zelo’s skateboard surrounded me as he rolled around me in a circle “Don’t underestimate the skateboard” he defended

Rolling my eyes I turned back to Yongguk, who was staring at me “I have to go now” he said “You should go back inside” he pointed to the café “KiYeon” he called me “Call me if you need anything” he said suddenly

I looked at his sincere expression; not wanting to accept his instruction “Probably not” I replied, glancing at his twitching lips before walking back into the café.

---

A/N:

Let me first start off by saying: I Am So Sorry! :( I've been trying to put up this chapter for the longest and then a whole bunch of stuff came up and I procrastinated a little and yeah.... Hope you dont Hate Me T.T So here is your long awaited update.

But, atleast I have updated right? 

Did you find anything interesting in here? Like how KiYeon really needs a job? any guessed why?

Thank you for your comments, to the subscribers, and all the readers and upvoters ^.^

-Kyute19