How Dare You

Untouchable

*Warning: Some cursing

 

The ride home didn’t consist of much talking as we were both too involved with our thoughts. I knew from the brief glances he gave me that he was curious as to where my mind had gone during dinner and I hoped he didn’t ask me about it. When the car slowed to a stop in front of the dorms my hand quickly grabbed at the handle and pulled…and it didn’t open. Pulling again, I snapped my attention to him only to find him staring at me curiously, his finger resting over the lock button on his door.

“Haven’t you fulfilled your kidnapping fantasy for the night?” I asked with narrowed eyes; he broke out of his thoughts and let a wide smile take over his lips before he clicked the button again and the doors unlocked. Rolling my eyes and turning to get out I gasped when a jolt of electricity vibrated through my arm when his fingers reached over to grasp my wrist; snatching my hand away from him, I rubbed the spot subconsciously and looked at him expectantly “What?” I wondered, the strength in my voice weakening as I looked at my wrist thoughtfully.

“I don’t know what you went through KiYeon” he paused and I could feel my whole body stiffen at his words “But I promise I’ll prove all of your judgments about me wrong” he explained, the softness in his deep voice startling me; before I could react he leaned over and brushed my hair behind my ears, softly, his fingers brushing lightly over my skin; the unknown warmth spread from his touch and I immediately pulled back, slapping his hand away from me and sending him yet another glare.

“Don’t touch me” I instructed and finally managed to step out of the car, slamming the door in hopes to annoy him, my skin prickled when his deep laugh reached my ears. Clenching my hands I walked away as fast as I could, ignoring the snooping eyes I was attracting from the dorm windows and hoping Bang Yongguk would never contact me again, but knowing that was a pointless wish.

 

NextDayNextDayNextDay

 

“So let me get this straight” SooKyung stopped and turned with an incredulous look directed at me “You decided to get into some strangers car…and then enjoyed a nice little date with him?”

Taking a deep breath, I turned to her; Why couldn’t she grasp this? “Not willingly” I informed and looked down at the food-laden plates on the counter in front of the chef, who sent me a raised eyebrow before shaking his head.

“KiYeon, we saw you get into his car; very willingly! What were you thinking?” she asked

“It wasn’t willingly! He-“

 “Am I interrupting you ladies?” the annoyed voice of Brian, our boss, startled me and we turned to look at his fuming face “Get back to work!” he demanded, holding the door open and pointing a finger out into the busy restaurant.

“He tricked me” I whispered as I piled my tray with table four’s orders before turning and walking as fast as I could past our boss.

“And you obviously fell for it” she whispered from behind me

“I didn’t have a choice!” I defended myself and made my way to table four as SooKyung stopped at table one. When I moved back to take table 2’s orders, SooKyung caught my arm, shooting a glance at our boss to make sure he wasn’t looking, she turned back to me “This is dangerous KiYeon; be careful!” she whispered “I don’t want you to end up on a milk carton, or some paper we get in the mail”

“I know, they’d use my school ID picture and I look terrible in that”

SooKyung glared

“I know Soo” I hissed in understanding.

SooKyung sighed and looked at me worriedly “You want me to-“

A face bent down to our height and looked between us pointedly “What I want you two to do is get back to work” Brian instructed again and shooed SooKyung away to table five before turning to me.

“Sorry Brian” I apologized; his hand landed on my upper arm before I could turn back to table 2, where a familiar looking ahjumma sat with a raised eyebrow as she glared holes into the side of my face.

“KiYeon, I need to talk to you after your shift arasso?” he asked softly; I gave a sharp nod and turned towards the table, biting my lip in nervousness at Brian’s words.

“Took you long enough” I snapped out of my thoughts when the loud, demanding voice of the familiar ahjumma, from last night, pierced my ears “what is it with your generation and making your elders wait?” she asked “well? Are you going to take our order of not?”

“Yeobo” her husband laughed from beside her

“Mianhamnida” I apologized and took out my order pad, mentally counting down the minutes to the end of my shift and realizing I only had thirty minutes to go.

After taking the next few orders, cleaning away some tables, and helping SooKyung with the most epic spill anyone had taken, I took off my uniform and changed into my own clothes before making my way to Brian’s office. My nerves were on edge and I wondered what Brian could possibly want to speak to me about. The seriousness in his voice wasn’t new, but that it was directed at me took me by surprise.

“Come in” Brian called from the other side of his door after I thumped my fist on it three times. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door.

“KiYeon…take a seat” he directed me towards a lone chair in front of his desk; he didn’t waste any time talking once I’d sat down “I heard some things and I thought it best to ask you about them” Brian tapped his pen against the calendar on his desk. The look he was giving me only caused my body to tense in anticipation for his next words. “I heard that you were-” he broke off with a look at his door, as if making sure it was locked. “That you’ve been chosen as an untouchable” his eyes bore into mine seriously “Please tell me this isn’t true” I must’ve looked surprised because he shook his head a bit sadly “It is isn’t it?”

“I am not an untouchable.” I shook my head quickly, holding my discomfort for the word within me

“So you weren’t chosen”

His inquiry took me by surprise; why was he asking this? And how the hell did he know? “I was” I stated “But I’m not an untouchable”

He leaned against his seat and stared at me in disappointment “You were chosen KiYeon-sshi; that means your are-“

“No. I am Not” I glared “Why are we having this conversation?” I asked angrily

His eyes narrowed curiously “Once you’re chosen KiYeon; there’s no way to get out of it. You’re an untouchable” he stated “And that’s a problem.”

“What do you mean?” I asked tensely

He sighed exasperatedly “KiYeon…you’re an untouchable”

“And I’m telling you I’m not” I fumed “Why the hell are we even talking about this?” I asked again in irritation.

He shook his head “You don’t get it; you’re an Untouchable, do you know what that means?” he asked and continued before I could answer “It means you belong to a leader; you’re the leaders girl! You will not ever be looked at the same way; If anyone even touches a hair on your body they are dead because touching you is an immediate threat to not just the leader but the whole-“

“Shut up Brian” I snapped “I don’t understand why we’re discussing this when first of all it’s none of your business and second of all I just told you I wasn’t an Untouchable” the word sliding off my tongue like venom.

He leaned back slowly before reaching over to the picture facing him and turned it slowly. I narrowed my eyes at his actions and let my eyes wander to the picture only for my jaw to slacken; it was Brian with a younger boy who I recognized as one of VIXX’s members, the youngest one.

“My brother” Brian commented “The problem is KiYeon…this restaurant….It’s very….how should I say this” he wondered “It’s not BAP friendly if you know what I mean” he added and watched me as I slowly moved my gaze form the framed picture of Brian and his brother and directed it at Brian himself. Despite my anger at the revelation, I couldn’t lose this job.

“Brian” I started “You’re the owner aren’t you?….so why does it matter who your brother is” I wondered

“Because whether you want to be an Un-” he stopped when he noted my discomfort at the word “whether you want to be or not, you are” he insisted “And I have certain ties; loyalties to certain people” he added “And my loyalties to  someone who is certainly not part of BAP” he spat the word in disgust at even the idea of being connected to BAP “could cause something I’d rather avoid” he added

My heart dropped….I couldn’t lose this job; containing my emotions I started to interrupt him only for him to hold up a halting hand.

“I’m sorry KiYeon, but I’ve been instructed to-”

“By your younger brother.” I interrupted “You’re being instructed by your younger brother?” I tried to make him realize how ridiculous that sounded.

He sighed “I know you don’t know what blood means, but-“

I stood suddenly, my fury catching up to me as I slapped his picture off his desk, ignoring the shatter the glass made when  it fell “ you Brian” I cursed at his reference to the absence of my family “I quit.”

“Wait!” Brian stood from his seat “I’m sorry; that as uncalled for” he tried to apologize, a panicked look taking over his eyes.

“Go to hell”

“Wait KiYeon; there’s something you should know…about VIXX”

The urgency in his voice made me stop with my hand over the handle of the door.

N is the leader….but he doesn’t lead.” He conveyed “Do you understand me?”

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, the added emotion only angering me more and making me slam the door shut behind me as I walked briskly down the hallway; the words only catching up to me when I was halfway to the dorms. My steps faltered and I froze in the middle of the Seoul street.

 Then who did lead VIXX?

 

NextDayNextDayNextDay

 

“Did you try the tteokbokki place on Nambusunhwan-ro?” DaRi asked from her seat across the table from me

“Not hiring” I groaned and pushed the heels of my palms into my eyes, rubbing furiously

“I heard ReMi’s appa’s restaurant is hiring” SooKyung told me

“I’ll have to check” I sighed and pushed myself up from the table “I should go; I need to fill out more applications”

“Check the mini-mart down the street!” DaRi instructed

I nodded and picked up my latte, pulling the jacket closer to my body and making sure I had my purse, I waved and walked out of the café. Sighing, I held the warm cup closer to my reddening face; hoping the steam would warm my cheeks. I made my way towards ReMi-sshi’s appa’s restaurant a few blocks away, deciding to go to the mini-mart on my way back to the dorms. Stopping to wait for the cars to pass I suddenly had the distinct feeling of someone following behind me and swung around, nearly knocking into a man and his daughter who stuck her tongue out at me. Shaking my head and apologizing, I turned back and crossed the street; only making it down half a block before the same feeling came over me, a weird sound of something rolling on gravel also assaulting my ears; Turning again and getting shoved a bit as people walked past me with questioning looks, I kept walking; Maybe it was just me. There were a lot of people that could be going my way. Shaking my nervous feeling I to a nearly vacant street and a shiver ran through me as the same sound and feeling struck me again. Turning as fast as I could, and nearly losing my balance until two hands steadied me before falling at the sides of the tall man…no boy, who stood in front of me. His eyes wide, as if he’d been caught doing something he shouldn’t of. My fingers clutched at the cup in my hands tightly “Are you following me?” I asked, miffed.

He blinked twice, his eyes searching for an answer before settling on a nod and a soft “Neh.”

I cocked my head to the side and stared at the younger boy, deciding whether to tell the kid off or not and realizing he was probably ordered to do this. Bang Yongguk and his grating gummy smile invaded my thoughts, it pissed me off. “He told you to follow me didn’t he?” I asked rhetorically

He looked a bit contemplative before answering me “Hyung told me I shouldn’t lie; so….I’ll just stand here quietly”

“How dare he! I can’t believe him! That-“ I cried when my fingers penetrated the latte cup and the drink spilled all over my hand and onto the sidewalk “Yah!” I yelled, startling Zelo-sshi. Whipping around and stalking towards the subway station, I could hear Zelo-sshi scrambling to catch up with me until he finally did on the stairs. I took a side glance at his towering frame and rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to kill him” I growled

“Well that’s not nice” Zelo mumbled

I glared at him “You be quiet”

“Yes, noona” he bowed his head in acceptance and followed me onto the first train headed to Hongdae. I tried my best to ignore the people that looked our way with discontent filled eyes, but there were just too many; glancing up at Zelo, who had opted to stand beside my seat, I realized he was uncomfortable as even more people stared at him; Of course they would, if these people where going to Hongdae or anywhere close to it, they would know who Zelo was. It didn’t justify their staring though, or their mumbled names aimed at the kid.

“Staring is rude” I said in the loudest voice I could and stared directly in front of me as the people around us looked at me in surprise before adverting their eyes elsewhere.  The next minutes passed in silence until we reached our stop and made our way out of the train and onto the street.

“Thank you” he bowed and sent me a smile I found myself unwillingly returning. Other than that we had no words exchanged between us until we reached Mercy and he reached over to open the door for me.

“Thanks” I mumbled and stepping inside to meet the eyes of many customers, I stepped around tables and went right up to the counter, where Daehyun-sshi, and the same girl that had been with him last time I’d been here, stood behind “Where is he?” I interrupted their flirting. The girl turned to me with an annoyed look; my eyes flickered down to read her name tag: Hyohee.

“Excuse me?” she asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms, her shoulders only un-tensing when Daehyun swung an arm around them and pulled her against him.

“KiYeon-sshi, how have you been?” Daehyun smiled and I didn’t miss the incredulous look Hyohee-sshi shot at him; he looked down briefly and the two seemed to communicate silently before turning back to me.

“Where is he?”

“You’ll have to be more specific” Hyohee snapped

I met her challenging eyes and wondered what is it she was being defensive about, I didn’t even know her “You know exactly who I’m talking about”

“Alright” Daehyun interrupted us and nodded towards the office door “Go ahead, I’m sure he’d be happy to see you” he smiled handsomely

“I’m sure” I shook my head and made my way to the office door, opening it without asking for permission and slamming it shut behind me, making Yongguk-sshi’s head snap up from some papers he quickly brushed aside.

“KiYeon-ah” he greeted and stood; I realized that for the first time I’d seen him, he wore regular street clothes that actually made him look-  No KiYeon, I chastised myself, shaking my thoughts away I crossed my arms and glared at him.

“Who do you think you are? Sending people to spy on me; eung? How dare you breech my privacy like that! What’s wrong with you?!” I yelled, disregarding the sudden silence in the next room and noting the office was definitely not sound proof.

“It wasn’t spying” he tried to sound innocent

“Yah! you’ve already ruined my life enough!” I yelled angrily “Why won’t you just leave me alone!”

“Kiyeon-” he tried to interrupt

“I hate you! Why don’t you understand that!?” I asked in fury, enveloping us in silence as he simply looked at me until I fell silent.

“I heard you’re looking for a job” he interrupted our silence

“What’s it to you?” I snapped

He held his hands up in surrender; his smirk irking me as I rolled my eyes “I just wanted to offer you something”

“Work for you?” I guessed and let out a laugh “No. I think I’ll starve to death; thank you very much” I stood, pulling my purse higher up on my shoulder

“It’s an offer; hours are flexible; pay’s negotiable; and you’re safe here” he informed “And you won’t get fired for being someone else’s un-“

“Don’t.” I glared

“Mianhe” he chuckled “Listen, think about it; I’m not that bad of a boss”

“That’s debatable”

He sighed and stood to stand a few feet in front of me “KiYeon, you need money-“

I blushed at his words that made me seem like a helpless person “Not from you; who the hell knows where that money’s coming from anyway” I immediately regretted my insult when his eyes darkened and I could see his guard visibly lock around him. I took a step back that seemed to surprise him and his eyes softened as he cocked his head to the side, which on anyone else would be considered cute “I just want to help you KiYeon; If you decide you want the job there’s a spot open” he explained

“Not likely”

He nodded slowly.

Taking another step back as uncomfortable silence enveloped us once again I made to turn around.

“KiYeon” he called

“What?” I snapped with a scowl; will he ever stop looking at me like that?

He ignored my glower as he stared at me pensively; biting his lip lightly and muttered to himself “You already hate me as it is”

“No ” I murmured with a roll of my eyes “Are you finished? Because I have to go.”

“It can’t hurt right?” he mumbled again, ignoring my words, and smiled decisively.

“Mw-” but my question was interrupted as my cheeks were enveloped in rough warmth as his hands cupped my face softly, my eyes fluttered shut on instinct before I could fight it when he pressed his lips onto mine lightly, much to my surprise and irritation “Yah!” I yelled, finally snapping out of whatever spell I had fallen under and pushing him away to deliver my hand to his face, probably more lightly then I should have; letting a cry of combined anger and irritation rip through my throat, I turned away from his smirking lips and stomped my way from his frustrating frame, out of his office door and past the customers and an amused looking DaeHyun, ignoring Zelo, who stood up to follow me, as I tried to forget the spark that erupted from the pressure of Bang Yongguk’s lips against mine.

 

--------

A/N:

Woot Woot, another chapter! Yay! I'm trying the whole updating once a week thing and I don't know how it'll work out for me lol We'll see how this goes; Anyway, I updated! Yes! Thank you readers and subscribers and most importantly commentors!, I read all of your comments! might take me a bit to respond but I do read them! They make me happy ^.^

By the way, Isn't Zelo cute in this? 

Also, o.O Yongguk! You cant just steal a kiss whenever you please! :O 

And my last note of the chapter: I recently uploaded what was supposed to be a one-shot but turned into a two-shot (currently writing the next part; Anyway, if any of you are fans of EXO feel free to read it here

-Kyute19