Sweet Dreams

Untouchable

“Be careful with that!” I cried as SooKyung dropped the only photo album I had in my possession; it was one I hadn’t opened in years, but it was something I could never live without.

“Sorry!” she cried instantly after realizing what it was

“I can’t believe this” DaRi groaned from my closet “Can’t we sign some sort of petition?” she wondered

I smiled at her thoughtfulness and shook my head sadly before taping the box shut.

“Dammit Ki, I don’t want a new roommate…what if she watches me sleep?”

SooKyung snorted

“What if she’s one of those girls that doesn’t clean and just throws everything everywhere?” Dari continued “What if she throws her underwear on my bed?” she whispered, her eyes popping wide open.

“Dari, chill” Soo laughed

“If I could stay, I would” I turned to the girl I had shared the same dorm room with since I first came to the school “You’ll be fine, don’t exaggerate”

“I’m serious though” she cried and threw her arms around me “I don’t want a new roomie”

“Someone is sentimental” SooKyung teased

“Oh, whatever!” Dari cried “She gets to live with your brother; you’ll at least get to see her”

“Would you like visiting rights?” SooKyung rolled her eyes

“I demand them!”

“Oh God” I laughed and moved over to finish folding the rest of my clothes into the suitcase before zipping it shut “Dari, I’m still going to be around” I promise and hand over the tape for Soo to use on the last box.

“How did you even get this?” Dari asked as she helped me load the boxes onto the hand-truck that SooKyung had shown up with this morning.

“I have my ways” she huffed as we both set one of the heavier boxes onto the hand-truck.

“Suspicious” Dari and I chorused before setting the fourth box on top. I sighed and walked over to my two suitcases, pulling the handle out, I rolled them towards the open door before turning around; my eyes scanned the bare side of the dorm. There was a stark contrast between Dari’s colorful side of the room and what use to be my side. The right side lay bare and dull, it was the first time since I’d moved into the dorms that the dorm showed no trace of me whatsoever. It both amazed and saddened me that my entire life could fit into a few boxes and a couple of suitcases; my whole life could literally fit on a single hand-truck and it would only take me one trip to move my stuff into my new, shared, apartment. It’s not that I wasn’t use to this, on the contrary, for years I never had much. But that didn’t make it any less saddening.

“Ki” SooKyung called with a sad smile from the hallway “Ready?”

Turning away, I stepped out of the door before handing her a suitcase and walking down the surprisingly empty hallway and into the elevator, being careful not to trip with the hand-truck in front of me. We silently waited for the elevator to reach the first floor. Stepping out, I knocked at the R.A.’s office door and walked in.

Jaeli, our R.A. sat at her desk, holding her hand out simply, she waited for me to slip my residency card into it before sliding a sheet of paper towards me “Sign here” she pointed at the first blank line “Just so you know” she started as I leaned over the desk and signed the paper that confirmed my leave of the dorms “I don’t agree with this…I told them they should’ve let you stay”

I smiled sadly and slid the sheet towards her “Thanks”

She nodded slowly “You’ll get a scanned copy of this through your school e-mail” she stated “Good luck Kiyeon-sshi” she inclined her head and I bowed before stepping out of the office.

We managed to get the hand-truck and my suitcases out of the building without much trouble, but pushing it towards the apartment building was another story. Sookyung was the tallest of us, and even she had trouble looking over the boxes.

“Oh crap!” Sookyung panicked as the hand-truck tilted after running over a large crack in the cement.

“Jeez” Dari laughed while we helped her steady it “Pay attention Soo”

“I can’t even see past these things” she knocked on the boxes

“Do you want me to-“

“Ladies” a sharp voice interrupted us. Just by the blush on Sookyung’s cheeks and the nudge Dari gave her, I knew who it was “Do you three need any help?” Officer Park asked while looking straight at me. I remembered how he’d greeted Yongguk as a friend, and my eyes widened at the realization that he may just tell Yongguk about this, and me being kicked out of the dorms was something I’d prefer Yongguk didn’t know. Before I could refuse his help Dari ad Sookyung chorused a ‘Yes’ and Officer Park instantly took over the hand-truck.

“Where to?” he wondered

“Oh, I’ll lead you!” Sookyung stepped to his side to show him the way.

“How many times will she embarrass herself?” Dari wondered quietly

“Have some faith” I reprimanded with a laugh.

“Officer Park” SooKyung pulled his attention shyly “What does the J stand for?” she pointed at the engraved ‘Officer J. Park’ on his jacket

“Jay” he replied with a smile

“Yeah, the J” Sookyung  nodded

“Jay” he replied again

“Yeah, I know; what does it stand for?”

I nearly cracked up as Dari snorted with hidden laughter

“Jay… it’s Jay”

Sookyung was growing a little flustered by now “It’s fine if you don’t wa-“

“It’s Jay, Jay…as in Park JaeBum” he laughed making Dari and I finally crack as Sookyung’s cheeks reddened

“Oh”

“babo” Dari laughed and I nudged her as SooKyung glared at us.

We left them to talk in front of us as we walked behind them until we finally got to the apartment building.

Officer Park whistled “Nice” he mumbled and looked up at the building “Alright neighborhood as well” he mentioned

“Isn’t it? KiYeon’s moving in, I’ll see you on campus Jay” SooKyung smiled and waved to an astonished officer Park before hurriedly turning away with Dari.

“Does…” he stopped me from moving towards the entrance of the building “Does Yongguk know you’re moving in here?”

I narrowed my eyes at him “No” I rose an eyebrow “Why should he?”

He glanced up at the tall structure “I think he’d want to know…”

“I don’t think it’s any of his business, or yours either officer Park” I snapped

His eyes snapped to me, an eyebrow raising “When people tell you something Kiyeon…you should listen” he stated before taking a step back “I have to go, I’ll be seeing you around…be careful” he waved before turning to walk down the sidewalk.

 

LaterLaterLaterLaterLater

 

The girls had left after helping me move my stuff to my room; I’d arranged everything except for one box that sat on the desk in the room. It was getting late and I figured, as a thank you, I thought the least I could do was make us dinner; remembering that Howon had mentioned he usually arrived at the apartment before 8pm, I had the food done just on time and shut the stove off before pulling two plates out of the cabinet, washing them, before starting to place a decent amount of food on each plate.

“All moved in?” the question surprised me enough to make me drop the ,thankfully empty, plate, making me turn around quickly to face Howon “I’m sorry” he laughed at my surprised expression, bending down to grab the plate “Did I scare you?” he wondered and moved to rinse the plate off before handing it back to me.

“It’s fine” I smiled back at him “I didn’t hear you come in” I motioned around the kitchen. In fact…I hadn’t even heard the front door open “Yes” I nodded at his question “I moved all of my stuff in, Sookyung and DaRi helped”

“Yes…I heard” he ed his blazer, making me turn back to the stove; I’d have to get accustomed to living with a man, because just the action made me completely uncomfortable. When I turned back he had disappeared into the foyer “With some help from Jay Park.” He stated in a weird tone

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering how he’d known that and then settling on the thought that he must have heard it from the doorman “You…know Officer Park?” I wondered curiously just as he walked back into the kitchen

He cracked a smile “Of course, he’s always been…around” he stated “I mean this is his usual patrol area” he added, outstretching his hand out for the plates of food “I’ll set these down, you bring the wine” he nodded towards his wine stand on the kitchen table.

Grabbing two glasses, filling one with water and then grabbing a bottle of wine, contemplating which kind before guessing on the one he wanted and followed him into the dining room.

“No wine for you?” he wondered, taking the bottle and empty glass from me

“I don’t drink.” I stated and sat across from him

“Is that so?” he wondered

 “Yes” I replied nodding as we started eating

Halfway through dinner,  I felt my hair stand on end, the feeling of someone staring at me, it was something I’d come to accept and even ignore recently, but knowing I was alone with Howon made me look up only to watch as Howon looked at me from across the table; his gaze intense and focused solely on me. My skin prickled as I held his dark gaze. The shadows of the dull lighting fell around his eyes. His fork hung from his hand stiffly as his stare never wavered off of me. I shuddered as the cold filtered through me from the suddenly dark atmosphere.

“Are you alright?” I wondered uncomfortably

The smirk that rose slowly on his lips made me consciously move so my back was fully pressed against the back of the chair. I watched as he slowly brought the fork to his lips, a small chuckle echoing around the silent room.

“Your umma….”  

I think I stopped breathing “She was always a great cook…I guess it’s hereditary” he laughed “This is amazing”

“Halmeoni taught me” I stated shortly, eager to move as far away from this subject as possible

“Your umma didn’t teach you before-”

“No.” I cleared my clenching throat, thankful that he didn’t take the subject any further. I didn’t feel like eating any longer and excused myself quickly after he took his last bite. My heart heavy and tears threatening to spill over at the sudden onslaught of memories trying desperately to break through the barrier I’d built within myself.

“Come to the living room” Howon’s voice called after I’d hurriedly placed the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

“I’m tired” I said “I think I’m just going to go to bed”

He appeared in the doorway, he’d loosened his tie and un-cuffed his crisp white shirt, sipping at his glass, he nodded “Alright, well goodnight then”

“Goodnight”

“I’m glad you’re here KiYeon” he said just as I closed my bedroom door closed.

I leaned against the door, taking a deep, calming breath and trying my best to hold back the tears as I moved over to the box that sat over the desk that had already been in the room when I’d moved in. Sliding my hands under the flaps, I popped the box open and breathed in sharply at the thick cream colored photo album. Sighing slowly I took the edges into my hands and pulled the album into my arms ; hugging it to me tight enough that it wouldn’t slide out of my hold, but gently enough that I wouldn’t damage it in any way. Setting it lightly on my bed, I turned from it to change into a long sleeve shirt and comfortable sweats, slipping my favorite fluffy socks onto my freezing feet and pulling my hair into a ponytail before sliding onto my bed to sit cross-legged against the pillows. I pulled the album onto my lap to trace the silver design that wove around the cover before coming together to make an elegant tree. Taking a deep breath, I cautiously opened the cover and closed my eyes immediately when my heart tore open at the sight of the family picture we had taken just months before…that day. Flipping the page, without glancing back at the family portrait, I could feel my lips tremble when I looked down at the picture of my brother and I. A black and white picture of us sitting on a garden bench, laughing at something I couldn’t remember. My lips formed a word that had caused me pain with its memories for the past twelve years. “Oppa…” I whispered, sliding my fingertip over his face before quickly flipping the page. My throat clenching at the sight of my mother, Jiyong and I hugging her tightly around her waist. I bit my lip as my first tear slipped down my cheek, wiping it away was no use as more came. Turning the page again I let a sob wreck though my body, bringing the album up to softly hit my head against it as unwarranted grief struck me. Taking a watery and useless breath I pulled away from the album and stared at the picture of the man. My fingers reaching out shakily, tentatively,  as I ignored the pain in my chest and the tears rolling down my cheeks to trace my fathers face. The feeling of complete hatred contrasting with my longing to see him. He was the man I loved to hate and hated to love. He’d left me…hurt me…betrayed my mother, hurting her beyond repair and yet I can still remember how much love he had once shown us…I can still remember when he had been someone I knew…someone I’d trusted. I loathe him, resented him, and more than that I wanted him to suffer for what he had done to my mother; but I couldn’t stop loving him…because he was my father.

Closing my eyes, I willed myself to calm down and slowly closed the album. The album so precious to me, but one that I knew I would never open again.

A low buzz snapped my eyes open to look at the bedside table at my charging phone that notified me of a new message. Getting up, I stored the album and walked back towards the bed; digging the palms of my hand into my eyes before wiping my tears away. Sniffling slightly, I reached to pick the phone up and unlocked it, bringing up the new message from Yongguk. The content immediately making me snort.

             Yongguk: I missed you today

                 Me: Don’t be greasy…you’ll live

                Yongguk: I was trying to be cute… don’t girls like that?

                Me: I prefer gwiyomi…

                Yongguk: Moving on.

I laughed at his complete distaste for anything cute

                Me: Waaaaee?

                Yongguk: -__-

                Me: Looks just like you

                Yongguk:  :p  how was your day without me? awful?

                Me: fantastic

                Yongguk: don’t lie…you missed me too didn’t you?

                Me: It was stressful…I don’t want to talk about it

I sighed and before he could reply I found myself asking ‘Yours?’

                Yongguk: boring, I had no one to yell at me today

                Me: I do not yell at you!

                Yongguk: You’re yelling right now

                Me: You can’t see me, but I’m rolling my eyes at you.

                Yongguk: I can hear it

                Me: babo

                Yongguk: Yah!

                Me: lol, don’t be so offended

                Yongguk: how can someone so pretty be so rude?

                Me: I’m an angel

                Yongguk: with burnt wings

                Me: my wings are beautiful

                Yongguk: yes they are baby

I blushed at the endearment

                Me: Yah, don’t call me that

                Yongguk: Not the nickname type?
I glared at the screen

                Yongguk: stop glaring

My eyes widened at his correct assumption

                Yongguk: I want to take you out

                Me: no.

                Yongguk: I thought we were past this Kiyeon

                Me: why?

                Yongguk: let’s not start this game again, just have dinner with me; you enjoyed lunch with me, it won’t be any different

                Me: there’s always expectation with dinner

I sent the message before realizing it had a double meaning

                Yongguk: I’ll never force you to do anything you don’t want to do.

                Me: that’s not what I meant; and what are you talking about, how many times have you made me get into a strangers car?

                Yongguk: I can’t be considered a stranger anymore

                Me: how many times have you made me walk home with a stranger?

                Yongguk: I didn’t make you do it; I made Zelo do it….and he’s going to be really upset that his noona considers him a stranger

                Me: don’t you dare tell him I said that Yongguk! That’s not how I meant it!

                Yongguk: Fine, on one condition

                Me: you’re going to hold this over my head forever aren’t you…

                Yongguk: you’re already thinking about forever? I must be doing something right ;)

                Me: shut up!

                Me: fine, I’ll go to dinner…but I’m not happy about it!

                Yongguk: You will be by the end of the night

                Yongguk: wait no, I didn’t mean it like that!

I laughed loudly at his text

                Me: What’s this? Flustered Bang Yongguk? Who would believe me?

I shook my head, a smile surprisingly on my face. I set my phone down to grab my alarm clock out of the box, connecting it to the outlet, I set the time and an alarm before flipping the lights off and crawling under the covers, a yawn escaping me as I grabbed the phone

                Yongguk: You wouldn’t…

                Me: I would…but not tonight, I’m sleepy

                Yongguk: then go to sleep baby

I rolled my eyes as I cuddled into my pillow and sent him the only thing I could think of as my eyelids became heavy with needed sleep

                Me:  -_-

I didn’t wait for his reply as sleep overtook me.

 

I tiptoed towards the man slowly; my arms reaching towards him until my fingertips made contact with his warm skin. Fingers smoothed over his skin slowly until my arms wrapped around his hard torso, hands splaying over the smooth, but defined dips in his abdomen as my cheek pressed against his back “hmm” I pressed a kiss to the back of his shoulder, taking in the intoxicating sent surrounding him.

 

I gasped as I sat up in bed, my heart racing at the incredibly vivid dream. I ran a hand through the hair that had somehow become loose from my tossing, biting my lip as I picked my phone up to look at the time and finding an unread message displayed on the lock screen, a simple ‘Sweet dreams’ turning the phone so it lay facing down on the table I laid back and couldn’t help the laugh I let out; covering my face I shook my head “Sweet dreams” I mocked and pulled the covers over me before sighing helplessly, wondering what was happening to me.

“Sweet dreams Bang Yongguk”

 

-

A/N:

I missed you all lots

Brief exlanation: School, stress, finals, writers block, more stress, did i mention stress?

I'm sorry for the long wait and the crappy chapter you get in return.

Did you like the Yongguk/Kiyeon interaction? 

Shall we give them a couple name? I mean Kiyeon would frown upon it, but ..... YongYeon? Kiguk? Yeonguk? Gukki? wait this isn't fair they all sound like Yongguk's name or nickname lol, what do you think?

And the biggest question of all: how will Yongguk react? Because rest assured, he will find out soon.

Thanks so much for waiting, reading, subscribing, upvoting! Just thank you! 

-Kyute19