Memory Lane

Untouchable

 

Flashback- Five years ago

I giggled happily as he twirled us around, my feet leaving the ground when he pulled me up against him “Put me down!” I laughed but my arms around his neck tightened, not letting go even when he put me back down, his arms still wrapped around me. Looking up at his smiling face I couldn’t help but admire him. He leaned down to press a quick kiss to my lips before pulling us both down onto the grass, careful not to land on our lunch. Sitting in between his legs we looked out at our surroundings from our spot against the old oak tree. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me back so I was leaning against him.

“I missed you today” I broke our comfortable silence

“Kure?” his soft voice asked “Mianha, I just had some things to take care of”

“Things?” I laughed lightly “sounds important” I teased

I saw him nod slowly from the corner of my eye and turned my head slightly to look at him “Neh. Important things.” he confirmed

I was curious “what kind of important things?”

“Just” he shrugged, scrunching up his eyes against the sun before staring back down at me “some things. What more do you want to know?” he asked a bit more roughly than usual.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to look towards two children throwing rocks into the river. Our relationship started a year and a month ago when I was only fifteen while he was sixteen; up until a few months ago everything had been going fine, but then he’d started missing school and keeping secrets even his attitude towards me was changing. He was still sweet and caring, but there were times when he looked at me and it looked like I was staring at a completely different person; there were days where he was himself and then dark days where he said and did the harshest things. I’d heard from Sookyung that her brother had seen him with some new kids from Bongcheon-dong and it worried me that these new friends could be changing my boyfriend so much.

“You Know” I started, turning back to face him “I’m your girlfriend, you can tell me anything” I told him, leaning up to brush the hair out of his eyes “you know that right?”

His gaze dropped to watch as he pulled the grass from the earth “It’s nothing KiYeon. Ara? Just personal things. Stop worrying”

I sighed “When did we start keeping secrets?”

“When did you become so nosy?” he asked, the dark stoic mask he’d recently started giving me enveloping his face

“If you’re going to talk to me like this then just take me home” I stated, already standing, only for him to pull me down again

“I’m sorry. I’m just…” he shook his head, his voice back to its normal soft tone “I have to tell you something” he breathed finally

“Mwo?” I urged “what is it?”

“You’ve heard of VIXX.” He said simply and it made me freeze as I realized who his new friends were. Bongcheon-dong,a neighborhood of Gwanak-gu….It was VIXX territory.

“VIXX?” I asked slowly “The gang?” I wondered shakily “wae did you bring them up?” I asked though I already knew, I hoped he’d say something that would deny my thoughts.

He looked back up at me “I’ve been recruited into VIXX”

“what?” I asked, not believing his words “don’t tell me…don’t tell me you joined them…”

He nodded “I did a-“

“Why! Why would you do that!” I cried, feeling tears of complete disgust, confusion, and loss push against my eyes as I stood, snatching my hand away from his as he reached to pull me back down. He sighed and stood too when he realized I wouldn’t give in “Wae!” I screamed pushing him

“I want you to be my-“

I shook my head, interrupting him as I wiped at my tears. Staring at a man I no longer recognized. Betrayal clenching at my heart as I stared into his un-recognizable face “I’m not anything to you anymore!”

“Stop speaking nonsense” he snapped “You’re my girlfriend KiYeon”

“Not anymore! Why would you do this? You know how I feel about this! How could you do this to me!? After what I told you about my family!” I screamed at him, pushing him harder as painful memories of my childhood filled my soul. “And how could you think I could ever be with you! Knowing who you are now? Knowing what you are now”

“I’m still me!” he defended

Shaking my head I picked up my things “You’ve been changing the past few months and knowing it’s for this reason disgusts me! You betrayed me!”

“I didn’t betray anyone! Where are you going?!” he demanded stepping in front of me

“Away from you!”

“You’re mine KiYeon! Did you forget that!?” he yelled turning me around to face him.

Pushing him as best as I could away I swallowed thickly at his new and dangerous demeanor. Every change within him that I denied facing me head-on as he stared deep into my eyes “Don’t ever contact me again. I never want to see you again” I told him

He shook his head “That’s not happening”

“After I trusted you, I told you about my father. I told you everything and you do this? You become one of them. I don’t want what you’re offering. Leave me alone. If you still have one piece of humanity, leave me alone” I told him strongly even when my heart was breaking as the last few remnants of the boy I had fallen so hard for evaporated before my very eyes. In his place the new member of one of the underground elite of Seoul, the elite that had taken everything from me.

“We’re not all the same KiYeon” he informed me “You’re hatred-“

“Is well placed….you’re all the same. Different names, but you’re all the same” I turned and walked away from him. Giving up one more thing to one of the darkest part of Seoul.

-End Flashback-

 

"Wait" I grabbed his jacket cuff. My fingers protesting as they pressed against something hard. Looking down and realized the pain came from the embroidered symbol there. The VIXX symbol reminding me that I needed to let go.

“I should go” he said again, pulling his arm softly away from mine. His eyes still burning into mine before he turned sharply to walk away

“Taekwoon!” I called, a weird sensation at the feeling of saying his name after so long. I watched as his back stiffened and he froze in his stride. Silence enveloped us as I realized I had nothing to say to him regardless of me calling his name. Gasping as he turned and walked towards me, his dangerous frame towering over me.

“You said we were all the same” his voice sending terrified shivers down my back “what makes Bang Yongguk so different?”

“He isn’t.” I said with determination

He sneered and leant down to whisper harshly into my ear “Then explain to me why you’re his untouchable” he said rhetorically and pushed away from me, his hand reaching up to force my chin up so our eyes could meet “I told you KiYeon. You’re mine.” he growled un-humanly, repeating the words he’d said five years ago. I pulled my chin from his hands harshly.

“I’m no one’s property” I spat

He laughed and turned away from me. Walking away “It’s Leo” his voice reached me, the new name given to him ringing through my ears as he walked into the night.

-

A/N:

And there goes some background on KiYeon and Mr. Brown eyes AKA Scary Leo. So now you kind-of have an idea about Kiyeon and where she comes from….just a tiny one lol I put this chaper in because I think you should know this just to understand KiYeon a bit more. This is only a small piece of her past so I hope you all look forward to finding out more about KiYeon as the story progresses.

So next chapter has Leader Bang in it…or it should have leader Bang in it. ^.^

By the way. I'm thinking of getting a banner or a background image done but I'm not sure if I will, or even who to ask :/ Decisions, decisions

-Kyute19