Zelo

Untouchable

My boots hit the pavement hard enough to make a clicking sound as I walked towards the train station; the morning air freezing over me. Fortunately, I didn’t have class today; unfortunately, I needed to go to work early and face the frigid girl that was Do Hyohee. Hunching my shoulders over myself, I braced for whatever Hyohee could possibly come up with today that would undoubtedly piss me off. I crossed the road quickly and the feeling of being followed instantly fell over me, making me walk faster. Turning my head slightly, I snapped it back when I realized the man was definitely not Zelo, in fact I’d never seen him before; by the glimpse I caught, he was about 5’8 and looked built; I couldn’t see his face with his sunglasses on and a hat placed over his head, but even then he looked intimidating dressed in all black.

“KiYeon-sshi!” an excited voice called me and I stopped immediately against my will, it’s familiarity comforting me slightly as I watched SunJi crossed the street with a huge smile over her face, her eyes disappearing cutely as she waved “Annyeong haseyo!” she said cheerfully, one hand holding a steaming cup of tea.

“Annyeong haseyo” I nodded slightly as we started walking in silence. A few minutes passing between us before I checked behind us again, only to find the man was still there, the fact speeding up my walking and making a slight panic rise within me.

“Slow down Unn- Kiyeon-sshi” she looked at me curiously and kept up with my pace “Is everything alright? You are going to the café right?” she wondered

Did she not realize we were being followed? “That man is following us” I whispered hurriedly and figured she came to her senses when her frame froze and she discretely looked behind us. Her shoulders dropped and a sigh escaped her.

“That’s CAP-sshi” she leaned in to inform me.

“Who?”

“CAP” she repeated slowly as we approached the station “Yongguk oppa must have told you about him”

I had slowed down enough to give her an irritated glance “obviously not if I’m asking you who he is” I turned from her, sliding my pass through the ticket slot and walking through the doors, trying my best to get space between the unknown man and myself.

“He’s a…” she fished for the right word carefully “friend” she concluded “Of BAP, he’s the leader of T.T.”

“What the hell is T.T.?” I asked stupidly

She dropped her half-full cup of tea into the trash bin and adjusted her bag over her shoulder “What BAP is” she said softly

I rolled my eyes and stopped at the terminal “It’s a gang SunJi, if you get yourself involved with such people then you should learn the term”

“It’s not like that” she retorted

“Then what is it? What do you know about this world? You’re so young and yet you’re already accustomed to all of this” I snapped and stepped forward when the train arrived “Why is having a man follow you everywhere you go so normal for you? eung?” I asked and watched the man walk in and place himself against the doors at the opposite side of the seats where we sat. Even with his dark glasses I knew our every movement was being monitored. Shaking my head I glanced at a silent SunJi, a bit uncomfortable with the way I had talked to her, but I reminded myself that we were both adults, and if she could handle being with BAP then she could handle my words.

“You shouldn’t judge them so quickly” she stated lowly “They aren’t bad people”

“I’m sure” I rolled my eyes and watched her sigh, giving up on our conversation for the moment.

The man, CAP, followed us all the way to up until we entered the Café before nodding once and walking to the corner to greet a shorter man, dressed in the same way as he, and I had no doubt they were from the same group.

“L.Joe” SunJi informed me when she saw me glance their way “ChangJo is at the other end of the street”

“Don’t care” I informed her

“Right.” She followed me into the café, the only person sitting in it was a figure I now recognized as Zelo. He was bent over his usual seat in the corner, his pen moving wildly over an open notebook. My feet moved curiously towards him as I glanced at the clock that read 8:14 AM.

“Zelo-sshi?” I startled him, his whole body tensing and his head jerking up to meet my eyes

“Noona” he smiled and stood to bow “Good morning” he greeted and sat down, picking his pen up again as I approached the table.

“Good morning” I greeted, my eyes catching a few formula’s on the page in surprisingly neat handwriting “Physics?” I asked curiously

“Ah, yeh” he nodded and looked at the page he had been writing on.

“Homework?” I asked before I could stop myself

He rubbed the back of his neck “Kind of” he frowned slightly

Looking at him curiously I glanced down at his clothes “Then shouldn’t you be on your way to class?”

He swallowed thickly “I….I don’t….don’t go to school” he explained softly, a bit of sadness enveloping his voice.

My eyes widened “Bworago?” I wondered “How old are you?”

“Seventeen” he stated

“And you graduated already?” the thought caught me by surprise

He shook his head “No” he sighed “I just…don’t go.” He shook his head and glanced up at me, his eyes saddened before he gave me a small smile and slowly went back to writing don equations and problems, solving them better than even I could.

“Yah!” a sharp voice called making me look towards the backroom where Hyohee was emerging, her hand tying the apron behind her “Are you just going to stand there all day taking up air? Because if so, you can leave” she glared

Taking a deep breath, I reminded myself it was just Tuesday as I walked to the backroom and took my coat and bag off to place the apron over my clothes.

 

LaterLaterLaterLaterLater

 

I smiled widely towards the older woman, sending a small wave to the shy child gripping onto her hand “Enjoy your day” I called after them

“It’s not ‘enjoy your day’” Hyohee pushed me aside, making me bump into the display case, so she could attend to the surprised customer “watch, and this time pay attention

“Yah!” I pushed her back enough so she would stumble

“You little-“ Sunji interrupted Hyohee’s oncoming insult to step between us and greet the frightened customer cheerfully.

“Hello, welcome to Mercy café, what can I get for you today?”

Hyohee glared at me as we both stepped away from the counter “You’re so damn ungrateful, why don’t you pay attention to what I’m trying to teach you? that way maybe you won’t come off as a complete idiot”

“Maybe if you acted nicer you wouldn’t come off as completely butch as you do now” a complete lie because this girl was anything, but masculine.

you Hyohee”

“Why don’t you guys take your lunch breaks” SunJi advised when she turned to get the customer his order “Separately” she added

We glared at each other once more, staring the other down until she rolled her eyes and brushed past me.

Shaking my head, I grabbed a cappuccino and made my way to the only empty table, a few glances being thrown my way, by now I’d learned to ignore them. Slipping my phone out of my pocket, I checked my messages and was about to click on one from SooKyung before someone sat in front of me. A bit startled, I Looked up and was met with Zelo’s face “You scared me”

He blinked at me blankly for a second before letting out a small chuckle “Mianhamnida, I didn’t mean to”

“Gwenchanayo” I replied

His head snapped suddenly towards the windows, watching closely as one of the guys outside, CAP maybe? Talked lowly with someone who was turned away from us “JongUp” Zelo replied to my unasked question “He must be on lunch”

I looked back at him curiously, the question of his education creeping back into my mind.

“Did you finish your physics homework?” I wondered

He adjusted his hat, a bit uncomfortable, but slipped the folded notebook from somewhere under the table “Almost, I’m having a little trouble with the last one….” He sighed “You’re curious aren’t you?” he asked quietly

“It is a little questionable why you have physics homework when you don’t even go to school” I answered honestly

“These really are homework questions…just not mine. My friend-“

“You shouldn’t do your friends homework Zelo-sshi”

“Anniya” he shook his hands defensively “I get the questions from him, and do them, he does his own, and we check to see if our answers match up after school….” He informed me “I just….physics is a good subject” he stated shyly

“Of course” I agreed, I’m taking a physics class now…..” I hesitated for a second “Let’s see if I can help you on the last problem”

“Jinjjaro?” he asked a bit excitedly and flipped his book open, setting it down in the middle of the table, we both leaned over and as I looked over the problems and flipped the page to read off the various long answers my eyes widened.

“This is pretty advanced physics” I mumbled, the surmising part was that he’d gotten all of the answers right so far. This kid was really smart and I realized, when I glanced at his concentrated features, he really missed school “Which one?” I asked and pointed to the last problem “This one?”

“Ye-"

“Zelo!” Jongup’s voice resounded through the café “Let’s go” he nodded outside where two other men were speaking to each other “Palli” he urged

“Arasso” Zelo got up, taking his book “Sorry noona, um…I’ll be by later to take you home”

“On your skateboard?” I raised an eyebrow

“Bob” he looked at me seriously “His name is Bob”

“Bob?” I wondered, a laugh threatening to slip by my lips

Zelo shrugged “He’s American.” he blinked twice and saluted me before following Jongup outside.

“He’s interesting isn’t he?” SunJi smiled when I turned to her “May I sit here?” she asked, motioning to the seat in front of me

“It’s your café isn’t it”

SunJi maintained her small smile “I know you aren’t very keen on working here Unnie” she froze “Aish, mianhe, KiYeon-sshi” she corrected “Especially not with Hyohee-unnie” she nodded towards Hyohee “she’s like that with people she doesn’t really know, but once she gets to know you, and you get to know her-“

“That’s not happening SunJi-sshi, we’re just co-workers; it doesn’t mean we have to like each other” I explained and got up to go back to work

“I don’t get it” her voice stopped me “You seem to get along fine with Zelo” she said sadly

“Zelo isn’t trying to tell me what to do and who to like every chance he gets”

SunJi’s eyes widened and she stood “I-I’m sorry, I never-“ and I could tell she was being sincere, but honestly a whole day of Hyohee had taken it’s toll on me as I held my hand up to stop her innocent apology.

“I’m sorry I don’t understand why you’d ever want to be part of what BAP is; You’re sorry you cant understand why I don’t want to have anything to do with any of this. Just let it be. Stop pushing it” I instructed the younger girl and turned to start walking back to the counter only to bump into Hyohee “Can you wear a ing bell or something?”

She stared at me nonchalantly “You’re so against BAP….what are you even doing here?” she asked rhetorically and walked away.

I shook my head. They didn’t understand. They didn’t get it. And I had to remind myself, they didn’t know.

 

LaterLaterLaterLaterLater

 

By the time my shift was over it was past five p.m. and I quickly walked towards the train station, Zelo rolling on Bob behind me. The kid was cute, I had to admit that to myself, and despite my feelings towards who his hyungs were he was a pretty decent kid; a smart kid; and it was because of that, that I became curious as to why he was involved in such a world that should only belong to the hopeless.

“So” I started and waited for him to roll until he was beside me “You didn’t graduate” I started “But you don’t go to school”

 “Anni-anniyo” he replied softly “I…had to drop out” he informed me a bit sadly

“Drop out?” I asked “Why?”

He  looked up at me a little sadly and took a deep breath before adverting his gaze elsewhere “When my parents kicked me out…” he started before shaking his head “I had to move out of the school district” he explained

“Your parents kicked you out?” I asked in surprise, wondering how anyone could kick their own child out of their home and onto the street…”Where do you live Zelo?” I asked suddenly concerned for the boys safety, the streets of Seoul where no place for anyone, let alone someone his age.

He smiled a little “Don’t worry noona” he must’ve caught the tone in my voice “I live with Yongguk hyung” he stated

His name brought goosebumps onto my skin, of irritation, I’m sure. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone bussing in my pocket.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered

“Yoboseyo?” an unmistakably deep voice echoed in my ear

“Yah” I stopped on the sidewalk, glaring into thin air, just imagining his face in front of me “Yah! How do you have my number?”

His chuckle made me shiver in annoyance “It’s a secret”

“How discreet of you” I crossed my arms “What do you want?”

“Can’t a man call his-“

“His what “ I started warningly

He laughed “You’re cute when you get angry”

“Goodbye Yongguk-sshi”

“I told you to call me oppa”

“Don’t be forward, it’s rude.”

“I just wanted to know you were safe”

“As safe as I can be with Bob.

Zelo glared at me as Yongguk laughed “Yah, he really does take offense to that”

“Umm, anything else to say before I hang up on you?”

“Just be careful KiYeon; I’ll be home by Thursday”

“Don’t care” I sighed “Can you tell your wannabe bodyguards to back off? I don’t need a babysitter”

“You sound like you do” he replied

“What are you implying?” my anger building

He laughed “You sound like a child; why don’t you just accept that oppa is trying to protect you?” he taunted

“Did you just talk about yourself in third person?” I rose an eyebrow at his words

“Oppa knows best”

“You’re so irritating Bang Yongguk” I informed him

He hmm’d “That’s new” he replied sarcastically

“Goodbye.”

“Goodnight”

Hanging up, I shoved the phone into my bag and walked into the train station; ignoring a giggling Zelo.

-

A/N:

I hope you all don't hate me for taking so long :( I'm sorry for taking so long; A lot has been happening around me and my time has been a little limited but I'm here now! And I come with this chapter and hopefully one by the end of this weekened! 

So this chapter was actually supposed to be longer but I shortened it a little because it would have ended up as a huuuuuuuge freaking chapter, as a result I've already started with the next chapter and hopefully I'll have that up by the end of this weekend (I know I'm being repetative, sorry!

Anywho, some things are coming that I'm kind of confident is going to take you by surprise! I have some things up my sleeve so stay tuned and comment please; Thank you so much for being patient and waiting , seeing as I cant give you hugs, I'll give you a bunny instead. 

Tadaa!!!!

 __           __                                                                                                                                              

 \  \       /  /       

   \  \   /  /

   ( ^  .  ^ )

  (,,)  .  (,,)

 ( "_) ____ (_" )

It's red... so It's Yongguk ^.^ 

P.s. I realize I may have some sayings in there that some people may not understand, please ask me if you have any questions, I'll gladly answer them!

- Kyute19