The Letter (Part 1)

The Beauty and the Wallflower

 

Everything would have been okay if I hadn't opened that letter and seen what was inside. I should have just ripped the letter in pieces once I saw my name on it.. I should have... I could have... I would have... But I didn't. It wouldn't be of any use anyway... They would just send the same exact letter to me.
 
 
It was a Friday morning at 6:00 A.M. and you were already preparing to go to school. You didn't seem to mind since you always woke up at that time so you could have some peace and quiet before school starts.
 
 
You did all the preparations like taking a shower, putting on lotion, new clothes, your shoes, eating breakfast, etc. before you grabbed your bag and left your house. Your parents would most likely be sleeping right now in a different country so you didn't even bother waking them up.
 
 
You closed the door and started the 10 minute walking to school.... Until... "Yah! Unni!"
 
You turned, already smiling since you knew who was coming already. "Sulli, why are you so in a rush?"
 
Sulli glared at you a little. "You know I can barely wake up around this time just so I can walk with you to school."
 
You laughed and hugged her afterwards. "I know... You are such a great friend~"
 
"Pshhh, I already knew that," she jokingly stated as she arrogantly took a few steps. Soon, she laughed and started walking normally beside you.
 
 
However, that ended all to soon. As soon as you entered the school's gates, you lowered your head and walked straight for the main entrance doors to the building.
 
"Wa-" Sulli began but you didn't really hear her since you were already out of sight.
 
 
She sighed. She knew it was like this everytime with you since you never like getting any attentions towards you. It wouldn't be a surprise for her if you wanted to blend into the walls so at everyone could just pass you by without ever noticing you were ever there.
 
 
Actually, she was the only person who actually knew why. Well, her and Kai.
 
 
Straight away, you dashed towards the roof top where nobody would hang around at since they weren't allowed there in the first place . You were an exception though, since you knew the boy who owned the key to the roof top door (which was obviously Kai) and even gave you the key as some kind of gift since he rarely went up there anyways.
 
 
You went close to the edge so that you could see all the ant-like people arriving to school. Soon, you even started to sing a little tune while you enjoyed the fresh breeze that went past your cheeks.
 
 
"I guess I am starting to rub off on you," a voice stated from behind you. You chuckled, as you knew it was the same person who gave you the key to the roof in the first place.
 
"How'd you get in?" You asked, slightly curious but not caring about it on the other hand.
 
"Magic~" he replied with an amazed tone of voice.
 
You smiled. "Right.. Like you would have enough patience for even learning that."
 
 
Kai was probably the only guy you pay attention to other than your dad. You never cared less if any of the male students had gotten sick, was absent, transferred or.. Whatever it was that happened to them. To you, guys would count as the girls in your class since you don't talk to them either.
 
 
To be honest, you would most likely talk to only the staff, Kai, or Sulli. On rare occasions, when you get partnered with some other male or female in your class, it would always end up with a greeting or two, and them pushing the work to you.
 
 
Kai looked at you pitifully, "Why can't you just try to smile like that in front of the class? I'm sure more people would talk to you."
 
You gawked at him. "Do you really think I would waste my smile on those monkeys and fakes? What's more, right at the same time?"
 
Kai gave you a push on the shoulder. "Ey, you know what I mean."
 
Another smile creeped on your face but you continued to look at all the students below. "Sorry, Kai. It won't happen for another 1... MILLION YEARS."
 
"Psh, always like that, huh ~~~~?"
 
"Yup~!" You replied as you you looked at him, gave him a pat on the shoulder, and a flash of one more smile before heading towards the doorway.
 
"Where are you going?" Kai asked, making his voice a little louder now that there was a distance between you and him.
 
"Class..." I began to answer. "Don't want to be late!"
 
 
Actually, if you had a choice, you would want to stay with Kai there, without a care in the world that class was about to start at any moment. You wanted to have a peace of mind instead of hearing the whispers of all the students while the teacher isn't even doing his job right.
 
My gosh, your teacher was just straight out annoying.
 
Truthfully, you would have gave him a scolding with the politest tone you could have mustered on while you hold yourself back when you had the sudden urge of punching him.
 
 
You looked out the window and just chuckled silently. *Like I would ever let that happen..* you thought as you started to day-dream in class.
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
 
Hey~ How are you guys doing? Well, about what I said in the foreword, I decided to against that and just write the first chapter! :3
Also, I have a little comment for you guys. I was pondering whether I should do nerd instead of wallflower but wallflower was in my mind even though I named it "Nerd" the first time I wrote the foreword and all that stuff... ^^
 
Well, I hope you guys comment on what you think about the first chapter!
If it's bad, please tell me! I will try to fix it but at the same time keep what I have for the most part. >~^
 
Also, I would like to thank kim-eun-ah and koreanfangirls who were the first ones to subscribe to my story before I even uploaded my first chapter! Thank you~! It's mostly because of you to that I decided to go against my decision on my foreword and just upload it right now! I seriously have no time right now since it's late and I still have homework, but it's because of you guys who gave me courage to ignore those and just finish this! Thank you! :3
Also, I would like to thank musicfreak17 even though you subscribed just after I uploaded this! Haha, Thank you! :3
 
Well, thanks for reading~!! :3
 
 
5.06.13