The Letter (Part 2)

The Beauty and the Wallflower

During lunch time, you went straight to the roof with your food that you brought from home. You never really liked going to the cafeteria since you didn't really get to eat in peace and you hated the view of those people with WAY too much makeup or too much arrogance.

 

Also, people would tease you for being a nerd. You didn't really care since it just means that you're smarter than them, but sometimes they go too far with their "jokes" and still get away with it because of their connections with the school. It annoyed you that they could do everything they want, but, then again, they didn't have that much brain in the BEGINNNING anyways so it was okay.

 

By the time you finished half of your lunch, Kai came and joined you.

 

"Hey, Kai."

"Hey, ~~~~."

"What took you so long?" You asked him since he always ate lunch with you. However, you guessed it was fine since you could have some peace and quiet for a little while.

"There was a freaking long line at the cafeteria..." Kai grumbled as he started eating.

"Why? Were you late to get in line again since you fell asleep in class?"

He just looked at me. "No, I only dozed off a little and got in line late. There's a difference."

You smirked. "Yeah. RIGHT."

"What, was that sarcasm that I just heard right now?" He asked, acting as if he was offended.

"No~ It's just me an my usual voice." I stated with sarcasm still in my voice while I rolled my eyes.

"Good!" He exclaimed while he started to laugh.

 

We both knew that I was playing around by using sarcasm while he was too by playing innocent.

 

You already knew you both got along well and you just know you always will... He befriended you easily, which was kind of a miracle since you never liked boys in the beginning.

 

--

 

You exited the school gates and finally let out a sigh of relief. You barely finish one day of school, but it makes you so happy that you survived the seven-houred torture chamber.

 

You run home and go straight into your room without saying another word. Actually, you really didn't have to. Your parents were, for the majority, never home, and even if they were, they wouldn't say anything to you or their partner.

 

In a fairytale, you could say that their love faded away, leaving just a small dot of it, but in reality, they didn't think it would work out between them anymore after they had you. After that, they started going on several business trips or just vacation and not care about the person they're married to. You are the only thing that bonds the both of them together now, but they never seemed to show any signs of caring towards you. You guessed that the only thing that they did to show and care for you whatsoever was to give you a home, food, and a small amount of allowance.

 

--

 

When you awoke the next morning, the first thing you did was wash your face and brush your teeth. You did all the usual stuff like cleaning your bed, eating breakfast, making your lunch, preparing your school bag, and others. The last thing you did was pick up the mail at the front door and check if there was anything new.

 

You walked over and picked up all the mail, leaving the magazines on the table for later and carrying the envelopes to the living room.

 

There were only a few mail for the bills since they were all sent to the assistants of your parents and they would take care of it at whatever part of the world they were in. Actually, nothing stood out to you. Advertisements, coupons, bank accounts, etc. All the usual...

 

That was, until you came upon one white envelope that had cursive writing of your address on it. Curious, you opened the letter and started reading the contents of the paper...

 

After reading half of what it says, your face went from calm to pale...

 

"What... The... HECK... Is THIS?!?!" You yelled.

 

The letter specifically stated stuff like...

 

Dear Ms. Lee,

I'm sorry to inform you but your grandmother had died at May __, 20__. I am sorry for your loss of a family member and I hope you will cherish the moments you had with her. Before she unfortunately passed away because of old age, she left a will that had included you in it. As a result, I think I should tell you something here. 

Congratulations, you inherited Woolim Agency after you become of age! You will become a model while you are still underage so that you can understand the experience of models. Nobody can know in the agency that you are the future boss of it since we wouldn't want any favoritism for you and make you truly experience it without the photographers liking you more because they want to up to you.

I hope we can meet soon. Please come to the agency as soon as you can after you get this letter and we will help you learn the necessary things in our agency along the way. Have a nice day!

Signed,

Park  Chaekyung

 

--

 

You just stood there as you massaged your temples and stared helplessly at the paper that was lying on the floor in front of you.

"Aigoo, there's going to be trouble soon..." You mumbled.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Well, here it is! I got to say, thank you so much for answering my poll! You really encouraged me to make another chapter for this story! I was just scared that people subscribed because they didn't want to be mean or something... Well, I'm glad that you commented now! It was really nice! :3

Well, like always, I would like to give a thanks to these new subscribers to this story! I would like to thank rodzilawati, PandaMelody, kiaramae, ChiraqKimmy, ivyamericana, Ri_ahlimitless, and Eryka29 for being the 7 new subscribers after I thought of giving up! Really, thank you!

I would like to especially thank kiaramae for up voting this story! You are awesome! :3

 

Well, thanks for reading~!!! :3