Explanation

The Beauty and the Wallflower

Your POV:

 

On Monday, it was a relief they acted like they normally did before they ever met me that day. The week went on so peacefully like that.

 

I would talk to Sulli while walking to school with heri, walk away before others notice me and meet Kai, have a relaxing conversation with him, and survive the rest of the day without any attention, or what I call, trouble.

 

I was about to peacefully go to my peaceful home, pick up an ice cream bucket, and peacefully watch Korean dramas since I had no homework today, when L leans at the entrance of the school gate, staring at me.

 

I try to walk past him without a word, but he holds onto my wrist.

 

I turn my head and signaled with my eyes to let go. He just stared at me, trying to look like his oblivious, silent self, like I always stared at him like this when he grabs onto my wrist. It was almost as if it was a greeting to him.

 

"Let go," I stated as I looked at him right in his mysterious eyes.

He just stared at me as he shook his head. Finally, he opened his mouth. "Nope, you're coming with me."

 

Before I could even reject that, he clutched even tighter on my wrist and started walking to who-knows-where.

 

--

 

I sat down on a seat and stared at him directly in the eyes, exactly like he was doing to me right now. It turns out, he took me to a cafe and after he ordered lattes for us, he just sat down and stared at me, not saying a thing. Of course it made me awkward, so I just did exactly as he did and let him see how it feels. However, he didn't even seem a bit fazed about it.

"Sooo.." I started. "What?"

"What?" He asked.

"You didn't drag me here for nothing, did you? What is it that made you go through all this trouble?"

He put his elbows on the table and cupped his chin with his hands. "Why were you so mad that day? I mean, I know it was because of us bothering you, but there should be more to that, should there?"

I didn't say anything. How in the world did he know that? "What do you mean?" I asked, trying not too look as shocked as I really was.

He smirked, "You know we're not as idiotic as you categorize us."

I looked at him with a disbelieving look. "I don't believe you. Also, how in the world would you think there's more than you monkeys bothering me? 2 weeks is enough to make a person sick of being followed."

"I told you, it's because we're not as idiotic as you think we are. What if we were just acting? You never know," he stated with his smirk that could make all those girls fall in love with him in a moment.

"Wait a minute... What do you mean you guys were playing?" Screw that, I was getting angrier just by looking at his smirk.

"We could have."

"Wait..." I scoffed. "So you were just playing with my feelings, knowing that I would get noticed, and acting like you were, what, a mixture of being dumb and being nice?"

He took his elbows off the table and sat regularly. "Oh, so that other thing was getting noticed."

I shut my mouth. Shoot, I accidentally spilled that. Smooth... What's his real name again?..Kim.... Myung... Myungsoo? Myungsoo. Very smooth. "Why did you guys act like that?"

He shook his head. "Only some of us did. Hoya, Sunngyu, Woohyun, and I did. Sungyeol might have acted like that, but I don't know. He's just plain dorky. Dongwoo and Sungjong were trying to be nice, since you were alone all the time."

"Aigoo, why did you, Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hoya do that?" I asked again.

"We were studying you. We were looking for answers about this mysterious wallflower we were teaching."

"Woah, woah, woah... So, in other words, you were looking for my reaction? Why?"

"Anyone would be curious about a girl who gets special privileges, you know. We were somewhat... Testing you too."

"In what?" The more he talks, the more I feel that I am backfiring myself. The more answers I get, the more questions pop up.

"It's my turn to find answers. Why are you so keen in being a wallflower, anyways?"

I glared at him. "You don't know just how fake those popular girls are. It makes me sick just thinking about it."

"There's another question. Why are you so keen everyone is either fake or a monkey?"

"Simple. It's because they are a fake or a monkey."

"Are you sure? Aren't there girls who you think aren't fake? Also, aren't there boys you think aren't monkeys?"

Yes. There is Sulli and Kai.

"Why?"

"If so, it just proves not everyone is what you seem to be."

I gawked at him. "Are you some wise ah jussi in reality, Myungsoo-ssi?"

"No, Infinite's ah jussi is Sunggyu-ah. See? I told you we weren't as idiotic as you think we were."

"It's my turn again, I guess, so continue on about what you were studying about me."

Just then, the lattes were brought up by a female employee who had been eying L this whole time. I guess she was trying to seduce him, since she ed her shirt and bent lower than usual when she set the drinks down. It was shockingly not working though, but I guess the expanation to this was he had girls everywhere that would love him so why worry about impressing one?

Soon, the female employee left glumly with only a simple thanks from L.

 

He blew on his latte and took a quick sip. He flinched, "Ow, it's hot."

I don't know why, but the way he acted just to show it was hot, made me laugh. He looked at me weirdly. "What did I do?"

I smiled, "I see that you are smart, but a careless one, huh?"

"I didn't think it would be that hot," he stated with a frustrated expression.

I was still smiling and laughing at him, before I noticed he was just staring at me. "Are you done laughing at me?"

I wiped a tear that was forming at the corner of my eye and took a deep breath. "Yeah, hahaha, haaaah."

"About us acting, we were thinking that you maybe pulled some strings and just used your way in with money to gain popularity or something since you, I don't know, wanted to get noticed by people. Anyone would be suspicious, since charman-nim stated you had 'special reasons' and even went to the measures where she asked us for favors. Speaking of special reasons, why did you have that? Also, you never truly answered why you were keen on being a wallflower."

"It's... Complicated." I couldn't tell him, could I? He never really proved that he was trustable yet.

"This is exactly why we were testing you. You are mysterious. You have too many secrets."

"I... I just don't want people to know me, that's it. Hey."

He glanced at me with both of his eyes as he blew on his latte.

"Why were you guys trying to make me sit with you?" I asked.

"I told you," he stated between blows, "some of us were testing you and some of us were being nice."

I rolled my eyes. "Why couldn't you have just left me alone? How can I trust you when you already broke your promise of keeping me being a model a secret?"

"About that... The members wanted me to be the one to apologize for them. They were afraid you would get mad again."

I stared at him. "Well? Where are they then? They should apologize directly. At least I would know if they were sincere or not, monkey."

 

Just then, he drank his latte in one shot and let out a satisfied sigh. "Do you want to see them?"

I thought for a moment. Might as well get this over with. "Sure."

 

 

- Your POV Ends -


 

BOO-YAH!!! I UPDATED!!!! XD

I'm sorry but it was so frustrating that some readers thought that Infinite was.. weird or something like that. Please try to bear with me, Im sure they'll act their smart but dorky ways some day in my story... Some day... >~<

 

 

Thanks for reading~!!! :3

11-22-13