Stubborness

The Beauty and the Wallflower

Author's POV:

 

Infinite was just walking to the company after getting ready in casual clothes. Even though they were dress normally, all of them stood out more than the average person, walking out on the streets. It's like you could easily tell that they were models and that they deserve to be in there more than others. I mean, who could complain after looking at their flawlessness with little to no makeup at the moment?

 

The boys all smoothly went through the guards and passed the front desk with a bow. Then, they went straight to the place their manager assigned them to meet in. The only thing they heard was that it was very important and that they needed to be there on time. Of course, since the manager was strict about being on time, they had effortlessly achieved this after being in the modeling business for so long.

 

They headed up to the third floor and, since they were a little bit early, decided to get a drink at the small cafe. They all got the drink that suited their tastes and headed over to the meeting place.

 

"Hey, are you sure we are supposed to meet at the table farthest from the cafe?" Sungyeol asked nonchalantly as he drank his milk tea with boba.

"I'm pretty sure. It says here on the text," Sunggyu mumbled as he walked while holding his iced coffee in one hand and his phone in the other, making it slower for him to text his manager for confirmation.

 

Just then, an elderly woman called them and some of the members seemed to not know who she was.

 

"Ah, Infinite! Over here!" The woman called.

"Isn't that the chairman? Why, of all people, did she ask for us?" Sungjong asked.

 "There's only one way to find out," L muttered as the distance between them was closing.

 

After a few more steps, they soon came to realize that she wasn't alone. She was with another person, who looked rather young but a bit plain at a distance. In fact, they only came to notice you after your eyes slightly widened and you fidgeted a little in your seat.q

 

"What do you think is going on?" Woohyun asked the rest.

"Arranged marriage...?" Dongwoo answered, slightly joking.

"Couldn't be.. Wouldn't our parents be there so that they can understand the situation first and meet their "daughter in law"? Besides, I don't think she can tell us to marry her if we didn't want to, if she is asking us to do that, that is," Hoya answered.

"How about her being a tourist or something?" L guessed.

"She looks like a full Korean to me... Unless I'm wrong about that," Sungjong answered back.

"What about-" Sunggyu began but he didn't get to finish. Instead, the chairman managed to answer their curiosity in a snap. They were now in the range where they could hear the chairman and your conversation.

 

"Wait, what was that last sentence again?" You asked, looking extremely shocked.

"For your special reasons, your teachers will be none other than Infinite," she stated calmly.

 

All of the boys' steps stopped.

 

"WHAT..?" They all asked together.

The chairman sighed, "Okay, before you boys freak out, you all need to hear an explanation to this."

"It better be a good one," L muttered under his breath.

"You see, this girl only needs to work a few years as a model and what better teachers are there than you guys, who are the most popular models in this agency right now? In addition, she is also around your age and goes to the same school you do! You won't have the trouble of going to another school just to see each other."

"Wouldn't a professional be better for this case?" Sunggyu asked.

"As you all know, this season is the time where the professionals are busy training the new models. She cannot be training in ise groups since it will be 2 times slower. She needs to be considered a good model in only a few months. I wouldn't have asked you guys if I didn't trust your abilities. Do you mind doing this special case for me?"

 

All the Infinite members started to look at each other, as if they could use telepathy. Some of their expressions looked confused, but some were looking confident, as if they already accepted the case and are just waiting for the others to make up their minds. After a few minutes of exchanging glances, they all had the same faces of confidence, looking like they are finally ready to accept the task even though they still didn't know the reason why it had to be soon.

 

Almost like sensing that they accepted it without saying it, the chairman smiled. "I'm guessing you guys made up your minds now?"

All of them nodded.

"Good. Well, I will take my leave now. I need to get back to work since there are tons of it waiting for me."

"Yes. Goodbye, Chairman-nim!" Infinite stated with a bow.

She gave a bow herself and bowed once more to you. "Goodbye, ~~~~-ssi."

You, looking like you were still in a daze and thinking that right now isn't real, copied Infinite with their goodbye.

"Goodbye, Chairman-nim," you bowed.

With that, the chairman left, leaving you and Infinite in an awkward silence.

 

Dongwoo, trying to break the ice, tried to start a conversation with you. "So you are in SM High too? What's your name again?"

"Ah, I almost forgot. Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee ~~~~...." You greeted before continuing, "What are your names?"

"You don't pay attention to the members of Infinite from the girls huh?" Woohyun grinned. "That's surprising. Haha, so I guess you're not the clingy type?"

You snorted, "Nope."

*Why would they even think that?* You thought. *Do I look like the clingy type?*

(A/N: In this chapter, these *kinds* are for you. A little side-note if you were wondering. ^-^ )

​"Hahaha, you're pretty interesting," he grinned. "We didn't really introduce ourselves formally either. My name is Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you."

"My name is Jang Dongwoo, it's nice to meet you!" Dongwoo exclaimed brightly as he held out his hand.

You reached out and, trying not to be rude, shook his hand.

 "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Sungjong, nice to meet you. I'm sorry to ask, but how old are you?" a pretty-looking man asked.

"I'm in my second year of high school and I am 18 years old." (17 in America and other places)

"Ah, then annyeonghaseyo, ~~~~ Noona! It's nice to meet you!" I nodded back with a smile.

*Wow, if this monkey were to dress up as a girl and put some makeup, he would look like he belonged to the females in the first place... No, scratch that, he would look better than most of the girl population already, looking at how much those fakes need so much makeup just to think that they look pretty with it.*

"Nice to meet you, my name is Lee Howon, but you can call me Hoya if you want to," the man next to Sungjong stated.

*I guess this monkey really likes purple?* You thought as you spotted so much purple in his outfit.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Sunggyu. I'm the oldest in this group." He stated politely.

*He's pretty nice, I guess.*

"Hi ~~~~-ssi, this guy and I are the same age as you! My name is Lee Sungyeol and he is Kim Myungsoo but in the company, he is called L. It's nice to meet you," the tallest man stated.

*Wow, another friendly monkey in the group. The only difference is he's the taller friendly monkey.* You thought as you mentally chuckled but then stared at L blankly. *What, is his mouth only for display? Speak man, speak!!! Aigoo...*

 

"Errr... What next..." Dongwoo mumbled since he sensed that the awkward silence would soon come. An idea popped into his mind and you could almost see a lightbulb appear on top of his head. "Since we are going to help you become a model, we need to first help you with your appearance... I bet you look very pretty under those thick glasses, you know!"

*Aigoo... I knew this thing would come.* You sighed deeply. *Out of all the things to start on, you pick the glasses? I was hoping you wouldn't.*

"Err, can we start somewhere else? I don't want to take off my glasses right now," you stated, slightly nervously.

"We have to look at your face, you know. We need to see what kind of style suits you best," Woohyun stated. "Besides, I'm sure you look even more beautiful without them."

You pouted as cute as possible as you shook my head. You don't want to take off these glasses, much less dress up into a style similar to those fakes. Gahhh, the first day and I'm already dying... What do I do?!?!?!?!?!

"Come on..." Sunggyu stated. "You need to take off your glasses. You can nearly never model with it on..."

You shook your head once again. After a few minutes of the Infinite members (excluding the L monkey) telling you to take them off, they all sighed and had a group meeting, huddling up so that you can't hear or join them. After agreeing on something, they separated a few inches and started looking at you.

"What?" you asked. "Is there something on my face?"

"Sorry..." Sungjong stated.

"What? Why are you-" You suddenly got cut off by Sunggyu.

"NOW!" He yelled as Hoya took your right arm and L took your left. Dongwoo held your shoulders down with his arms as he placed his hands under your chin while standin behind you.

"What are you- YAH!!! Don't take off my glasses!!! YAHHHHH!!!!" You yelled as Sungjong grabbed the sides of it.

"Noona, I'm sorry, but we need to find out what kind of style suits you the best."

"I'm warning you, Sunjong-ah, I will not go easy on you if you do this..." You started to threaten him slightly but he didn't budge.

"Sorry Noona," he stated again before yanking off my glasses.

As Sungjong handed them over to Sunggyu and the Infinite members let go of you, you hid your face with your hands right away and kneeled on the floor. Your hair started to fall to the sides so they couldn't really take a good look at you, even from the side.

"Noona..." Sungjong whispered as he touched your arm. "There really won't be any progress if you won't let me see your face."

"Be quiet, Sungjong-ssi," you stated coldly. You knew he meant no ill will but he just didn't listen to you no matter how much you screamed your lungs out.

"~~~~, please... Can't we just see your face? We promise to make you look beautiful no matter how much you hate your face right now," Dongwoo pleaded.

"It's not like I hate my face," I muttered. "I hate how similar it is to those fakes and how those monkeys come running towards me. I hate them.. I feel like they're undressing me with just their eyes.. The girls glare at me because I "steal them" even when I just want them to stay away from me.."

"Monkeys? Fakes?" Hoya spoke up. "Who are they?"

"... Everyone..." You hesitantly stated.

Sunggyu patted the members on the shoulder and as he caught their attention, started to mouth words. Fakes are girls while monkeys are boys.

"Why would you think that?" Woohyun asked as he put a strand of my hair behind my ears. "Are you sure you're not just thinking that?"

"I know. It's freaking disgusting."

Dongwoo pleaded once more. "~~~~, just once. We promise we're not like the other monkeys you know of.. Also, it will just be a little secret between the company, us, and you. You won't have to reveal your face without glasses at school. They'll only know that there is a normal girl at school who, they can never imagine to be the girl in the future magazines. Come on, please???"

You sighed, admitting defeat. You don't want to admit it, but you could tell you're giving them a hard time even thought they're trying their hardest.

"Alright... I'll leave this face to you guys..." You slowly stated. You could hear their sighs of relief and you slowly lifted up your face, still covered with your hands.

You peeked through your fingers and saw that all of the members, including L surprisingly, were staring at you, waiting for the moment they will see the face they will need to pretty up.

You slowly removed your fingers, one-by-one and fixed your hair. You picked yourself up and patted the imaginary dust off of your clothes. You looked up and felt the stares start to thicken as random people around you guys started staring at you. You stared at Infinite's eyes, which were all wide open by now, waving your hands in front of them to see if they were caught in a daze or something.

You sighed, "Do I have something on my face? I look ugly, don't I?"

Woohyun shook his head violently as his eyes were still on you. "No no no no no no, you are amazingly... beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi~ I updated!!! How's that for a semi-lazy author? Haha!!!! I update in two stories today~ Hurray!!! I can now treat myself to some ice cream~!!!! (Well, I already did) xD

 

Heehee, I hope you guys liked it!!! Please comment on your opinion of the story so far... ^-^

 

Thanks for reading~!!!! :3

8.17.13