The Start

The Beauty and the Wallflower

~ Your POV ~

 

"Thanks for coming with me, Sulli-yah..." I mumbled as I walked glumly to Woolim Agency. Since Sulli's agency is the same one and she was called in, she was currently walking me while teaching me how to get there.

"It's no problem. I was going to go there, anyways," She smiled.

"Is Woolim Agency that special compared to other agencies?" I asked, curiously.

She looked at me like I had turned crazy or something. "Of course! It's one of the biggest agencies around here... Even Infinite decided to join their agency out of the rest of them! Do you know how many times they have been scouted?... Especially for Kim Myungsoo-ssi?"

This time I was the one that gave her the look. "Of course NOT! Why would I want to pay any attention to them, considering how they are clearly the same gender as those monkeys at school?"

"... Well, Kai is a boy too and you treat him different."

"It's because he IS different. He isn't like those boys. He is mature but really fun to hang out with. It's like a rare species of boy I found when I became friends with."

"~~~~, not all boys are monkeys.... Kai also isn't the only 'rare species of boy' in the world. You just need to either take time to discover it or try to at least get to know some of those 'monkeys' first. You might regret thinking all boys are monkeys in the future, you know."

I sighed while silently letting her words sink through and think about what to say next.

 

"I don't know... They- Hey, isn't this the Agency?" I suddenly asked as I looked up and saw a huge building. All around, I saw the agency surrounded by parking lots. As I walked through the walkway to enter the agency, I found the building to be really clean. There was little to no trash on the ground and 2 men guarding the entrance door.

 

As I walked, I could see that all Sulli was to do was to say her name and that she brought a guest that has an appointment with the temporary Hwejang (Chairman), whom was originally Bu-Hwejang (Vice Chairman). I guess she knew the guards well...

 

The guards gave a good look at my face, asked for my name, and finally, let me go inside.

 

Once I got inside, I saw a wide front desk with one woman smiling warmly. As soon as Sulli saw them, her face brightened.

 

"Unnie~!!!" She exclaimed.

"Sulli-yah~ Did they call you here?" the woman asked.

"Yes... I brought a friend who has an appointment with the Chairman-nim today. Well, not exactly today, but the letter was stated to go here as soon as possible."

"Ah, okay," she then turned to me before she continued and bowed, " Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Park Hee-Young, it's very nice to meet you. May I ask what's your name?"

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo," I bowed, "my name is Lee ~~~~, nice to meet you."

"You have an appointment with the Chairman-nim, right? Please wait a moment while I call and check with her."

"Thank you," I bowed.

 

While HeeYoung-ssi was calling, Sulli-yah tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention.

 

"Sorry ~~~~, I need to hurry to the place my manager and I need to meet. I'm sorry for not showing you around first," Sulli apologized.

"Ah, it's okay, I wouldn't have made it here without you," I smiled gratefully. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Your welcome~" Sulli stated brightly. "Well, see you later..." she lowered her voice into a whisper and went closer to my ear before continuing, "... future Chairman-nim."

 

As soon as I was about to glare at her and give her a huge scolding, she quickly waved goodbye to HeeYoung-ssi and left, hurrying to  the escalators.

 

"Aigoo, Sulli-yah, you need some scolding soon," I sighed as I stated it under my breath.

 

After all the little commotion Sulli made, HeeYoung-ssi managed to get through with the Chairman-nim and check thoroughly that there was an appointment and I was to meet her at the third floor, where the cafe was.

Of course, I started making my way to the elevators to go up.

 

--

 

As soon as I was on the third floor, I saw so many famous idols I paid little attention to. I mean, you can't help but look. It was like they were glowing or something. However, once I checked closely, I saw that they looked a little tired than they usually do.

 

Okay, it might sound weird for me to say this since I am a wallflower and I would like to stay that way, but a wallflower like me does notice things like idols. You can't help it... Their music, appearances on TV, and even in Korean dramas! What am I supposed to do when I see them or hear their music? Close my eyes or cover my ears so I don't have to see/hear anything unnecessary? I may know of them, but I don't really know too much like their obsessed fans who know from their date of birth to every song in their album that they released.

 

As if it were a normal thing, even if I saw Yoona from SNSD or G-Dragon from Big Bang at the corner of my eye, I wouldn't act like a fan and embarrass myself over nothing... Also, it's of no use if I act like that since I was going to be in the limelight either way. NO THANK YOU...

 

After waiting for a few minutes, I decided to go get a cup of water at the cafe. However, just as I was going to stand up, someone seemed to call my name.

 

"~~~~-ssi!"

 

I turned to see a very mature but beautiful woman who came walking smoothly and without any flaw whatsoever.

 

"Thank you for coming as soon as you can. I thought I wouldn't be hearing from you at all."

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee ~~~~. Nice to meet you!" I bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Park Chaekyung, it's very nice to meet you too," she stated with a bow and a smile that showed her beautiful white teeth. "I would first like to give my condolences on your grandmother's death."

"Even though I have never met her, I am sure that she was a good grandmother and I would have been proud of her if I had ever met her."

"Yes. She was a wonderful chairman but an even more wonderful person. She was like our mother in the agency since she always cared greatly for each one of us. She was strict, but if you do the things you had to do right, she wouldn't complain. It was greatly unfortunate that she passed away," she stated seriously, with a slightly sad expression on her face.

 

I could tell that my grandmother was like Chairman-nim's real mother and that she admired her a lot as an individual. It makes me wonder though... How would my grandmother be if I had me her just once in my life? What would I think of her?

 

Soon though, my thoughts were interrupted. What the heck were they doing here...?

 

"Ah, Infinite! Over here!" Chairman-nim yelled. Just as they were a few feet away, she continued to talk to me. "This is such good timing. Do you remember what I told you about being a model before being the chairman? Well, if you want to be a model, you need to fix your appearance. Your height and weight is already flawless so we don't need to worry about that. Your long legs are a huge bonus along with it. However, who would want to pick a model who doesn't know anything about posing or style? For your special reasons, your teachers will be none other than Infinite."

 

It took a while for those words to sink in. "Wait, what was that last sentence again?"

"For your special reasons, your teachers will be none other than Infinite."

 

 

 

 

- Your POV Ends -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi~ ^-^

How's it been~? Good~? How long has it been since I updated? Ehehe... IM SO SORRY!!! As you all know, school has come or is coming for some of you. My school just started and, well, I needed some time to settle in. Also, I didn't really know what to write for this chapter. I was in a kind of small writer's block. *sigh* .... Well, I updated though~!!! :3

 

I would like to thank these people for subscribing to my stories~: beloved_yulvhie, exobunny, caremel, SoshiGeneration, TinyTina, d4isies, and giantsfan225. Thank you so very much~!!! :D

I would like to especially thank PandaMelody and TinyTina for up voting to this story~!!! You guys are awesome!!!! :3

 

Well, thanks for reading~!!! :3