Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"I've been through most of the books here Yoochun. I can't find anything!" Jaejoong screeched.

The two men were sat in the house attic, trawling through every single reference book they could find trying to research S-Class witches and Marissa's condition. Books were floating in all directions, skillfully controlled by Jaejoong and Yoochun; looking at an empty space on the bookshelves guiding the books back into place.

Hours had passed with nothing happening. Until Jaejoong found a tatty, leather bound book. The pages were stained with age, the handwriting on the pages visable just barely.

"Hey look at this!" Jaejoong said to Yoochun.

He flicked through the pages, scanning the writing looking for anything that may give them answers.

"Wait."

"Did you find anything Jae?"

"I think I might have."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My prior research never really come to any kind of conclusion. And neither will my research now. Warlocks and Witches are truely the most secretive beings I have ever encountered so anything I may write after, may just be theory. Or it could be true. I do not think anyone else will be able to come to some sort of conclusion either, so I will try my very best to document my findings with what truth I have found."

~~

"So the guy who wrote this must've been studying witches and warlocks then?" Yoochun questioned. Jaejoong skipped a few pages ahead.

~~

"The world of Magic if ruled over by a 'Council.' Little is known about the council, but from what I can gather; they have been around since the dawn of time. The information I managed to obtain leads me to believe that the Council is made up of several, but incredibly rare high-powered Witches. These witches are known as 'Specialis Classis' or S-Class for short."

~~

Jaejoong and Yoochun looked at each other.

"Y... you don't think Marissa is a... council member?" Yoochun asked Jaejoong.

Jaejoong shook his head. "I have no idea."

~~

"S-Class witches are even more rare than S-Class warlocks and have phenomenal power, exceeding their male counter parts. My findings tell me that all of the main Council members are infact female.

Like all other witches and warlocks, the S-Class are immortal unlike their human magic practising counterparts. Those born with the gift as witches and warlocks are true immortals, although it has been documented that they can be incapacitated and immobilised in various means. Through studying various other journals and several scripts in different languages from around the world; I believe at the time of writing this that the youngest S-Class is roughly 2300 years old."

~~

Jaejoong and Yoochun glared at each other.

"You mean to say, our little Marissa may have been around twice as long as us?" Jaejoong whispered.

Yoochun shuddered. "Does it say anything else?"

"Not really. This guy rambles on a bit." Jaejoong replied as he flicked through more pages of the book.

"Did you know the Council were all S-Class witches?" Yoochun asked his friend.

"Nope. I mean I knew they were old and had more experience than the rest of us. I figured that was the reason they were Council members. But anytime we've dealt with the Council we haven't spoken with the head honcho's just with the lackeys." Jaejoong answered as he carried on flicking pages.

"Oh wait again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"January 18th 1786.

At last! I have finally seen an S-Class witch with my own eyes! She had an absolutely overpowering aura about herself. It was as if time had slowed down to a near stop as I saw her walking by the river by moonlight. I just knew this graceful creature was an S-Class the moment I saw her. Long flowing dark hair and pure porcelain white skin traced all over with prominent blue veins.

My heart stopped when she turned round and looked at me, standing on the bridge admiring her beauty from mere yards away. She stared at me with large deep, prominent violet eyes and smiled. Then I blinked and she was gone!"

~~

"Marissa is definitely an S-Class. I... I just know it." Yoochun stammered. "I've never felt power like heres before."

"I agree. But why is Marissa here? I mean, seeing as she is an S-Class then why isn't she where she needs to be or where she should be?" Jaejoong quizzed.

"Beats me." Yoochun blurted out. "There's no point in asking her 'cause she doesn't remember."

"Ugh what do we do now?" Jaejoong sighed.

"I don't know Jae. We can't just kick her out." Yoochun mumbled.

"Well I'll give this book to Yunho and let him read through it, we'll see what he says."

Yoochun sighed heavily.

"Something wrong?" Jaejoong asked, concerned for his friend.

"I don't know Jae. I... don't want to send her away. I quite like having her around"

"I don't wanna send her away either. It's been nice having some decent female company around that aren't your screaming fangirls." Jaejoong chuckled.

"Hmmm they have backed off a bit since Marissa showed up." Yoochun muttered.

"Yeah but that's because you're all touchy-feely with her you !"

"Awww shush Jae!" Yoochun blushed. "C'mon lets go back downstairs I want coffee."