Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... HAPPY NEW YEAARRRRRR!!

Crowds of people cheered in the New Year on the of midnight outside St. Mary's on Whitby's East Cliff. A glance to left, further inland you could easily see fireworks being set off in all their colourfull glory. Strangers hugged, kissed and greeted each other with well wishes for the New Year.

Marissa's face lit up among the hustle and bustle of the cheery crowd as her friends hugged her tightly and wished her Happy New Year. Changmin, Yunho, Jaejoong and Junsu took her in when she had absolutely nothing. But it was Yoochun who had her heart. She beamed as he slowly walked over to her; his warm smile making her feel loved and comfortable. Their arms seamlessly glided around each other as they shared their first kiss of the New Year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was last night though. Most of the town and quite possibly the rest of the world were nursing hangovers or were out early that morning to get the best bargains in the New Year's Day sales. Jaejoong, Yunho and Junsu had gone out to see what they could get for next to nothing, Changmin had claimed the kitchen for the day as he planned on making as much food as possible for dinner later on, and Yoochun and Marissa were still snuggled up in bed.

Yoochun sniffled as he sleepily stared at the clock on Marissa's bedside table; it read 11:46am, still far too early for New Years Morning. He looked down at the sleeping Marissa beside him and smiled as he cuddled into her tightly. She stirred and mumbled a bit before turning round, burying her face into Yoochun's chest.

Yoochun smiled even more as Marissa's grip tightened around him. Perhaps later if they both felt like it, they would go for a walk in the snow or maybe even curl up on the sofa in front of the tv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know you miss her, Amelia."

"Missing her isn't the correct term Suranne. What I feel right now is much more stronger than that."

Two immaculately dressed women were stood on the balcony of a rather large, grand castle looking over a wide expanse of frozen water surrounded by endless masses of trees and rolling hills; all topped off with a fine dusting of pure white snow.

"I'm sorry. It's been hard on all of us loosing her but still..."

"She's the closest thing to family I have Suranne." Amelia started. "The rest of you were all born he correct way, Marissa and I were created."

Suranne stopped dead. She had no idea how to reply, so she simply said nothing.

Amelia sighed. "We all have been affected by her absence." She continued as she drew her hand along the snow coated balcony.

Suranne rubbed Amelia's shoulder slighty in comfort. "I do have to say it hasn't been the same around here without her."

"Well to be totally honest it hasn't been the same since Mariella was forced out. Marissa definitely changed after that."

"Amelia I don't think anyone could've handled what happened to Marissa by Mariella's doing, even our kind."

"Mariella got of lightly after that, even with everything else she did her punishment still wasn't enough."

The two women both shook their heads then Suranne started rubbing hers around the temples.

"OKAY OKAY SHER!" She shouted slightly exasperated. "Get out of my head! You could've easily come up to see us!"

Amelia smiled a bit. "What does she want?" She asked.

"Sher has just made us all a cup of tea. She's in the kitchen with Adele. Shall we go down? It's getting a lot cooler now out here."Suranne replied.

"Sure thing."