Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Here Marissa, try some of this." Junsu said as he handed a small, shallow bowl to Marissa.

She stared at the bowl a little bit before taking it in her hands. "What is this?" She questioned as she eyed the bowls contents. It was a slightly transparent ice-cream looking substance with sparkly, multi-coloured glittery bits in it.

Junsu reached back over to Marissa and handed her a small teaspoon.

"It's a new sorbet I made for the shop. Can you try it and tell me what you think?"

Marissa smiled as she dove the spoon into the sorbet, taking a chunk and delving it into . Her eyes moved from side to side as she tasted the sorbet. She eventually dug the spoon back into the bowl and began shoveling the rest of the sorbet into .

"Ah Junsu! This stuff is amazing! The taste reminds me of something... is it pear?"

"Yes it's pear. So you like it?"

"It's delicious!" Marissa replied as she her lips. "The glittery bits make it look lovely too!".

"You don't think that's a bit much do you? I mean it looks so bland on it's own just like shaved ice."

"Well I think the gliiter makes it look tasty and pretty." Marrisa said matter-of-factly. "Do you have a name for it yet?"

"Erm, I don't know actually. I was thinking maybe... Rainbow Pear. Something simple."

"Aw it's cute! It fits well." Marissa smiled.

"You think so? Okay it's settled then." Junsu giggled as he ruffled Marissa's hair. "C'mon, we'll take some through to the others so they can try it too!"

"Okay. Erm, Junsu?" Marissa mumbled.

"Yeah what's up?" Junsu looked at Marissa as she raised her bowl up to him.

"C.. can I have some more please?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marissa, you awake?"

It was Yoochun knocking lightly on Marissa's bedroom door.

"Yeah I'm awake!" Marrisa squeaked. Yoochun opened the door and went inside with a small tray with two cups of tea on it. He set the tray down on the nightstand and gave Marissa her cup as he climbed onto the bed and made himself comfortable, before grabbing his own cup.

"So how was work tonight?" Marissa asked as she took a mssive gulp of tea and wiped with the back of her hand.

"Quite busy actually. Took a bit longer than usual but I made a lot more money tonight too." Yoochun replied.

Yoochun sipped his tea and glanced at Marissa. "So did you do much this evening?"

"I did actually. I helped Junsu make more of his Pear sorbet he said he was going to start selling it tomorrow."

"Did he make enough? I bet that stuff will sell out pretty quickly."

"I hope he made more, I ate most of it." Marissa chuckled as she gulped down more of her tea.

Yoochun just grinned.

"Ach! I'm too warm!" Marissa grumbled as she laid her cup down on the nightstand and scooted off the bed over to the window. She tugged and pulled at the window latch before pushing the window open. She stood there for a little while as she stared up at the moon, full in the night sky.

"The moon's so pretty tonight." She sighed as she rested her elbows on the windowsill.

"Heh, the Werewolves will be out tonight!" Yoochun cackled as he finished the rest of his tea and placed the cup on the nightstand.

Marissa turned round and giggled at him as she shuffled back over to the bed and climbed up. She re-arranged all her pillows and sank back into them, staring at the window looking at the moonlight pouring in illuminating the dimly lit room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh? Wha..."

Yoochun mumbled slightly, rubbing his eyes. He glanced at his watch reading 04:25am. It was still dark outside, light from the full moon still pouring in through the window.

He glanced down again to find a stone cold Marissa sleeping horizontally across the bed with her head on Yoochun's bare stomach. The duvet and sheets were all bunched up at the bottom of the bed, she must have kicked them down in her sleep.

Something was different though. Yoochun looked at Marissa again and noticed a slight blue shade to her skin. The thought had crossed his mind that she had actually died or something, but she hadn't. The panicked face he had on left as soon as he noticed her breathing. Something still wasn't right to him. Marissa's power had changed somehow. She was still as cold as a frozen lake but something had changed. Her energy felt sharp, needle sharp; peaking ever so slightly whenever she exhaled.

Nothing was happening though, so Yoochun closed his eyes again so he could go back to sleep.

Except he couldn't sleep. Something lukewarm and wet was now running down his stomach.

"She's not drooling on me is she?" Yoochun thought to himself as he opened his eyes to look at Marissa.

She wasn't drooling on him at all. Yoochun saw lines of liquid glistening on Marissa's pale, blue-hued face, running down her cheeks and the side of her nose.

She was crying.