Flashback

Royalty Love

Prince(ss) Amber tried so hard to keep the past away from her present, afterward the more she runs away the more it comes back to thrill her. Fatefully, their destiny met again after they decided to disconnect each other. Amber couldn’t believe either, didn’t even expect them would confront again here.


Each second of staring at her made her heart flutter more than anything else could consistently drown her into, how hard to escape from those dim eyes filling with allures. The foreign girl realized that Amber has changed; therefore, she could pensively know Amber hasn’t changed in her heart.

The teacher introduced her to class, “Guys, this is Victoria Song. Let’s welcome her to class.”

The Chinese foreign girl politely bowed and took a seat in front of Amber without hesitate, yet her heart was speeding twice as fast she walked. She pulled her hair side away on the left ear, giving a sign for Amber to know that she recognized her. Amber still stared at her half face, astonishing from her management beauty.

As soon as the last bell rang, the class rushed the door. Soo Jung and her best friends dismissed to go home after the class since they didn’t have next class. They were glad that it was Friday, Taemin asked Sulli go to the movie today and Sulli dragged Luna, Soo Jung to go with them.

They agreed with the plan, Sulli confessed. “You know, Prince Yiyun is like so handsome. I think he has gene from Prince Nickhun.”

Taemin was envy of Sulli talking about him, and cut in. “Hey, I’m also good looking here. Why can’t you never praise anything about me? Although, I’m not from rich family but I can be sure that...” He shyly scratched the back of his head, and paused.

Luna smiled at the denial couple, and teased. “Sulli, Taemin is a good guy.”

Taemin blushed at Luna’s compliment, and accepted it as he bragged. “See? I am a good guy.” Sulli rolled her eyes, elbowing with Luna’s arm.

Soo Jung walked with absentminded, Luna noticed her expression. “Hey, Krys… what’s the matter?”

Sulli defined Soo Jung’s mood for Luna, sticking her tongue out. “It’s really nothing, Luna. She just thinks of the marriage next month.” She advised her best friend in relief, “Soo Jung, let’s have fun with us today.”

Soo Jung should have let her mind rest a little bit, she has been thinking for whole week about signing that agreement or not. Everyone considered looking at her absently; she formed at smile on her face as they started walking to the bus stop.

When she opened her bag out to search for the purse, she just noticed that her purse was still in the class of her desk. She told her friends to get off first and she’ll catch up later on, running to the class fast as possible since the sunset was nearby.

The purse should still remain in her desk safety; hopefully no one came up and took it away. She ran upstairs the first floor to the class where she left the purse; the classroom was bright with the light on. The door was swiftly open.

Before she about opened the door, she heard the voice speaking audibly inside the classroom. “Can we pretend that we don’t know each other?”

Soo Jung recognized this voice, the voice that she hated the most. The girl voiced her bitter as she shuddered, “What.. why…”

“Let’s forget the past. I don’t want them keep lingering in my mind.” Yiyun said pleasantly. Soo Jung surprised at his attitude toward the new girl, why doesn’t he speak with her like he talks to that girl? She curiously thought. They had something going on in the past?

Victoria showed her warm smile, and calmly said in pleasant. “The past is the past. Why does it still bother you till now?”

Amber promised she should have forgotten about her at least, but her heart wouldn’t listen. Those glitter of eyes seriously made her translate into different thought and changed her decision quickly that her heart followed Victoria’s words. She spoke easily, “How come are you in Korea?”

“It’s because of my studying, my family condition couldn’t afford academic in U.S for me.”

“You must been through a lot of obstacles.”

“No, it’s fine actually. That’s how life goes, and it’s a small world. We ended up meeting each other again here, what comes around.”

“You still look the same…” Amber smiled at her sweetly, and continued. “Pretty Pororo.”

Victoria replied back her compliment with a smile; the one was so kind and delightful. But she was curious to know that if Amber still has her in her heart. She thoroughly looked straight into Amber’s visions, and emotionally questioned. “Do you…” A pause, a pause for considering, for showing her curiosity was there. “…still love me?”

Amber didn’t say anything except avoiding her question, “Let’s me walk you home.” Turning around, Victoria held her back by embracing Amber’s waist as she slowly preceded pressing her body and leaned her head against Amber’s back.

She deliberately confessed, “You know how much I miss you, think of you. I’m really glad that I see you here, in Korea.”

She stood in silence, feeling her heartbeat against her body. “…”

Victoria low her voice, but interrogated. “Why didn’t you give me even a single call? Why didn’t you write a letter? Why did you give up so easily? And why didn’t you…” Amber gently squeezed Victoria’s hand that made her stop form another word, twisted her head back against her head. Amber opened to say something back, abruptly. “Because…“

Finally simply replied, “Because… I’m a fool.”

When Soo Jung heard Yiyun personally pointing out about his flaw, she stunningly whispered behind the door. “Wow, he admitted he’s an idiot. Hoho. The prince told a girl that he’s a fool. Hoho..~” She enjoyed the scene of Yiyun lower his pride in front of a girl which amused Soo Jung in some way.

There was a squeak noise at the door, Amber looked at outside as Soo Jung stood there looking at her explicitly and she was spotted for overheard everything, she dropped her smile. Victoria released her hands that encircled his waist, and hustled. “Am—“

Immediately turning around to face the brunette girl, she pulled Victoria and caressed her pretty face nearby her lips. Amber in panicking position pretended to kiss Victoria in front of Soo Jung for instance and that has only way to stop her calling her real name.

As she took a deep breath in preparation to move—a sign of kissing scene bugged her, walking away immediately. Sending herself out of the scene, she vaguely mumbled, “What the heck is up with that…? If he wants make out with someone then get a room at hotel.”

The light bolt suddenly popped out of her head, the incident she just saw a moment ago made her forget to get the purse. She mentally cursed and made an angry face, “This is crap, I couldn’t have chance to get my purse.”

Victoria just waited for her lips press against hers but after several seconds she hasn’t felt Amber’s kissable lips, she desirably wanted to taste it. Amber chuckled at her closing eyes, and hissed softly into her ear with a smile. “Pororo-ah, let’s go home.” She ashamedly blushed, and with the cherry blossom on her cheek.

Amber walked with Victoria home in silent, she expected Amber would explain why her face was so close to her but it was disappointed. At that moment, Victoria was wished to receive a kiss from Amber realistically. For a long walk, she squinted to Amber’s appearance for a close look, her bare skin, her top nose, her jaw line and perfect features.

When her face was being hold by Amber’s soft hands, her heart beat, jumped, and was thumping fast as she almost trembled herself on the ground. Hence, it was so natural feeling when she’s with Amber; she totally would careless about the fact that Amber is a girl. When she has the love from in her hand, she just let it slip away from the hand. Now, she wished receiving love from her as much as before. She blamed herself for hurting Amber in the past, but why doesn’t Amber criticize her? Is there possible chance for her go into her heart again?

She stopped from walking as Amber furrowed her eyes brows together. “What’s wrong?”

Staring at her already made her happy, “I don’t know, I think I’m too selfish.” She regretted for having those thoughts, and then she has the second thought that she doesn’t deserve love from Amber.

“…”

“I just need to say it.”

Amber comprehensively sighed and comforted her, “Didn’t you say it’s all in the past?” Victoria nodded heading her head down.

Amber came closer, kissing her forehead. “It’s all alright.”

She felt her soft lips against her flesh, falling for Amber every minute in the way but managed. “I can take a bus from here. Thanks, Amber.”

“You’re welcome. Ah, don’t call me Amber from now on. Just call me Yiyun, my Taiwanese’s name.” Amber cutely winked; she didn’t bother ask why but listened to Amber. “Mmm, okay.”

Victoria moved to the bus stop standing there waiting, looked back Amber still stand far away. She decided to run over Amber giving her a kiss on the cheek. Amber was frozen, she smiled fondly. Stepping a step closer to Amber, she breathily whispered. “Bye-bye.” Her hot breath caused Amber burning through her spine, now her face was red.

She added, “I’m sorry.”

When she waited for Victoria step on the bus, she walked away and there was a pause of her thought, looking up the starless sky has a tiny white glitter paper sluggishly fall off had reminded her of the snow. The cold night she could never forget.

The memories of the past flashed back through her mind.

Amber sat on the edge of the bed in her room, staring at the cell phone that she held in her hand. Hesitating for a call, she thought of she should tell Victoria her feeling. She flipped her cell phone and traced her thumb on the screen when she scrolled her list down and stopped at her number. Should Amber tell her how she feels? She hesitated and looked outside the window with the stain of coldness atmosphere outside, it was snowing.

For a long moment, she waited for Victoria in front of the gate house. It was cold, tiny snowflakes whirled. She felt the cold delicately embodied as her arms curled around her body.

Victoria came. She stood there greeting her with adorable smile, she blinked as she felt like a slow emotion tighten in her gut when she looked depth into her bottomless tensely eyes.

Victoria asked softly, “What is it, Amber?”

Amber smiled at her fondly, somehow reducing the coldness around her. “I just want to see you.”

She was potentially standing in front of Amber, waited for her to speak. Just staring at Amber, reading her eyes, Amber felt a riot sensation pinch her with those eyes staring. “Amber, is there something you want to tell me?”

She finally broke eyes contract with her and looked on the ground. She finally confessed as she said, softly, pleasantly. “I think I’m in love with you.”

Victoria seemed to be struggling with Amber, best friend, stumbled over the words. The truth was, she did love Amber, she wouldn’t accept the fact that she was also in love with Amber. She rejected, “I don’t understand, we are just pretending as a couple in front of your mom.” Her voice was broken.

“We don’t have to pretend anymore, it’s over now. My mom stopped having the plan on marriage for me.”

Victoria looked upset that pretending was ended. She just nodded helplessly. She couldn’t admit it, she wanted another minute, another hour, another night of pretending wasn’t the end.

Amber interrupted her thought. Her voice was faintly a whisper, she was breathless when she said she doesn’t understand the feeling, this feeling, love, the only sensation that she could grave for Victoria. “Do you love me?”

Victoria was too discouraged to admit to her. The whole thing was hard to accept that she fallen in love with a girl, too afraid to accept the fact. She determined, “Amber, I only love you as friend and I...I… I just couldn’t take another step further than that.”

Amber softly laughed at her honest answer along with her own stupidity; she thought again of pretending had made her feeling turn like this. “Right, I’m sorry. I was out of my mind.” She tried to hide pain from the rejection.

Victoria went on, her voice low. “Amber, I’m sorry…” Her face went plank, probably she was disappointed. She felt Amber’s trembling inside, Amber managed to pull herself together without letting Victoria know.

Amber looked at her, eyes glistening in the dim light. Victoria felt guilty toward it, but managed to relax and her eyes held an unspoken in her.

They were apart, walking into different direction. Amber wanted to pull her toward her to hug her before they walked away without saying anything.

Amber made her move, she chased after her as she caught her—she proceeded herself from behind Victoria and hugged her from behind. Victoria was frozen, she breathe in her scent. For a moment, she stood steadily in Amber’s arms. “Pororo ah, I love you and I just want you to know that. It’s okay if you couldn’t return your love back for me, I slowly fall for you since we had fake date. That’s all I wanted to tell you.” Victoria lift up her hand and grabbed her hands, gentle rubbed it perceiving her words.

As time passed, Amber lived in pain, tried so hard to live without having Victoria’s love, without receiving back her love.


She formed a stupid smile, and thought to herself. “Pororo-ah, did you love me?”

*

At the Chamber of guest room…

Soo Jung again was at the palace, studying those stuffs to get ready before the marriage. She sneaked out for some fresh air, spotting Yiyun lean back at the wall pole. She noticed beauty of Yiyun, she studied her appearance for awhile, she just had to gaze at his handsome figure from this close up and nothing else. His handsome was too much. The jaw line was perfect, his looking was too much to be considered as more than handsome.

Weirdly, something about her made all eyes glue onto him. Something about her aura made her minds seemed about to explode.

Suddenly, Yiyun opened his eyes as she saw Krystal staring at him tensely. He pretended to see no one in front of him as closing his eyes.

Soo Jung found hard it was hard to resist when she looked at him, his appearance had dawn and appealed too much on her. She playfully used the piece of grass tickling his nose, she smiled as Yiyun sneezed. She figured out how cute he was. Strangely, her heart was beating little fast in usual.

Yiyun jumped off the seat, dusted off the sand from his uniform. Walking into his room, he still ignored Soo Jung. Soo Jung opened to say something but she thought of probably it’s pointless to ask him for help.

It took her little long to pride up with insisting him a favor. She gave it a try, “Yah! Yiyun. Can you get me some snacks?”
He looked back at Soo Jung pouting, he looked at her little perplexes. “I thought you would pick on another fight when we meet each other.” He said, mocking her.

Soo Jung shook her head and considered herself that she was in palace and no one concerned about her. She entreated, “Please, I’m hungry. Prince Nickhun has a meeting right now, I can’t go tell him get me a meal…”

“No.”

Jerk.

Yiyun remembered that Soo Jung overheard everything that day, he squinted closer look at Soo Jung. “You happened hear our conversation.” He anxiously told her, “It’s best to keep your mouth shut on uncertain things. If not, you’re in danger.”

Soo Jung bit her lips hard, and she managed her tone steady. “I DID NOT TELL ANYONE!” She muttered to herself after he turned his back face her, “Phhhht, those cheesy moments just gave me goosebumps when I think about it.”

“You’re better.” He left Soo Jung at the door, entering his room and shut it. He stood behind his door, heard the door shut as probably Soo Jung went back to her room already. He thought making fun of Soo Jung was kind of amused.

She shouted, “Yah! You seriously are not going to help me get something to eat?”

“NO!”

“Grr. He was so mean, not even helping me get food.” Soo Jung mutter, frustrated getting back to the guest room. Soo Jung just sat there in the middle of the room, her stomach grumbled and waited through for the meal comes.

After 15 minutes of waiting, she heard the window on the left side of the room opened, it was Yiyun. She saw him brought grocery bag has chips and sodas like last time Prince Nickhun did. Yiyun said, looking at Soo Jung with bright eyes. “Here.”

Soo Jung smiled in delight, “Wow, thanks, two faces.”

Yiyun scoffed, “Yah! Who has two faces huh?”

Soo Jung munched the chips hungrily, and he noticed she seemed to be hungry. For some reasons, he felt sorry for her. He looked at Soo Jung eat, and observed her flawless face from a short distance. A feeling dawned as real that he felt odd about it.

He shook it off, and bluntly asked. “Did you sign the agreement that Hyung gave you yet?”

Soo Jung gazed at Yiyun and answered shortly. “Yes.”

~*~*~*~*~