CH.14

Don't tell me what to do!

-continuation from last chapter-

 

Yuju’s P.OV

“Who was at the door?” Yuju’s mom asked as she placed the dishes down. Yuju sat on her chair and eyed the delicious food in front of her, “it was yerin, she came to talk to me about something”. 

“Well at least invite her to come eat lunch with us” 

“I did mom, she said she’ll eat at the dorms” 

“Dorms hmmm” Yuju’s mom thought “maybe I’ll send you there too, you and Yennie can be roommates” 

“I asked you that earlier in the year” yuju scoffed and started eating, “and we don’t have enough money for that” 

The two choi’s talked about random things in the dinner table until the food on their plates were slowly disappearing. Yuju took her plate and placed it on the sink, she turned the faucet on and started washing the dishes. 

“I got it this time yuju, rest up you’ve been working hard lately while your father is away” Yuju’s mom took the plate and started to wash the dishes herself. 

Yuju nodded and went up to her room, laying down on the soft bed. She closed her eyes remembering the past events that happened this past week, especially yesterday...

 

-*FLASHBACK*-

This is it, I’m going to tell her how I feel. Yuju went to her closet and picked out the clothes she was going to wear. She took out all the clothes she loves the most and tried them on. This will do

After deciding on what she was going to wear, she took her white Adidas shoes and started putting them on. Yuju looked at her bed when she saw her phone vibrate, looking at the caller ID, she picked it up and put it on speaker. 

YJ: Hey sowon unnie

SW: Yuju yahhh~ do you want to hang out with the squad? We’re going to the mall and watch a movie. 

YJ: eh? Sorry I have to do something important today. 

SW: important? Ok... next time then?

YJ: for sure unnie, I’ll make it up to you and the others. 

SW: arraso, I’m hanging up now. 

YJ: ok goodbye~ 

Yuju sighed and slipped her phone in her pocket. She got up ready to go until she heard her mom yell her name, “Yuju yah!” She walked towards her mom and quirked her eyebrows, “what is it Umma?” 

“Oh I didn’t have to tell you, good good, we have to buy groceries remember?” 

Ugh, I forgot about that! 

“Well what are you waiting for let’s go” Yuju’s mom took the car keys and left their house, yuju locked the door behind her and went into the passenger seat. 

————-

*after grocery shopping* 

“You’re a big help today, yuju thanks for that” 

“Well that’s what daughters do imma right” yuju laughed and took the groceries placing them on top of their kitchen table. Once they were done organizing all the groceries, yuju slipped her shoes back on. 

“Going somewhere?” Yuju’s mom asked. 

“Y-yeah”

“Ok, be home before dinner” 

Yuju hugged her mom and left their house. She went to a local bus stop, waiting for her ride. Although, she was the only one waiting, yuju can feel her heart beat racing fast. Spotting the lights of the bus, yuju got on and went to the place she was going to. 

I’m here... calm down yuju, you can do this. 

Yuju walked up to the dorm’s door and before she could knock, someone opened it. 

“Oh yuju ssi! What brings you here?” 

Yuju widened her eyes at the white princess’ sudden appearance, “I- I’m here to talk to sinb ssi... is she here?” 

“Eunbi? Did she cause trouble?” 

“It’s not like that, I just want to speak to her” 

“Oh... she’s not here, but she said she was heading to the park” 

“Can you tell me which park it is?” Yuju hoped that the younger girl knows where sinb was and waited for her to answer. 

“There’s only that one park that she goes to, it’s two blocks away from here” 

Yuju smiled and bowed, “thank you so much!” Before umji could say anything, yuju walked as fast as she could making her way to the park. 

*Park*

Jeez, this park is farther than I thought...

Yuju looked around the park and saw a girl swinging on the swings, oh my gaaawd it’s her! Calm down yuju. Yuju thought to herself, she walked over to the swings and faced the girl. 

The girl stopped the swing, digging her feet to the ground, “yes?” 

Yuju’s hands started shaking, putting them inside her pocket. She gathered all her courage and let out a heavy sigh, “I don’t know if you remember me, but I was the girl that you saved during phys. Ed class... I just want you to know that after that event and helping me and my friend out, made me realize that I have feelings for you... Hwang Eunbi.. I like you!” 

Silence overcame the two, leaving an awkward mood. “I’m sorry yuju ssi” Sinb apologized breaking the silence, “I can’t return the same feelings that you have for me. Someone else lives in here” Sinb pointed at her heart. 

Yuju felt like crying but she held back the tears and nodded, “I understand. Whoever is in your heart must be lucky”.

Yuju went to go sit at the swing beside sinb and started kicking her feet, “wait.. not ‘whoever’, I know it’s yerin you like.” Sinb widened her eyes and looked down, avoiding the girl to look at her blushing face. 

“It’s weird though, you act so cold towards her”

Sinb started swinging too and thought of a reason why she acts that way, “because I don’t really know if this feeling is called love, this the first time I’ve felt it towards somebody else other than family. I wanted yerin to hate me so she doesn’t share the same feeling as I have for her” yuju looked at the younger girls’ eyes and saw how soft they were, not the typical sharp gaze she usually has. 

“I guess I’m scared... scared that I wasn’t good enough” 

“Pshhh for yerin? I think she’ll be the judge of that” yuju laughed. 

“She hates me already, and I feel like I’m losing to umji... I feel like I’m losing her” Sinb sounded sad and yuju could only feel sympathy for the girl. 

“That’s a signal for you to act fast and take what’s yours... or else umji ssi WILL actually take her” 

“You guys are friends right? Can you tell me a bit about her?” Sinb asked and turned to look at yuju. Yuju thought of the important things about yerin, “Well... she likes the colour yellow, loves to play the claw machines in arcades, likes ducks, and jibang dolls. The list could go on but those are the things I could think of on the top of my head” yuju said shyly and looked at sinb’s reaction. Sinb took her pen out and started writing on her palm, the older girl was suprise that sinb was actually making notes on this 

“Wow, I could mistaken her as a kid even though she’s older than me” sinb laughed making the older girl laugh beside her as well. She’s not so cold after all, yerin I envy you, you got someone that will love you inside and out. “If you’re going to be with yerin you have to put up with her, so get ready to whatever kind of childish things you might go up against” yuju giggled and saw sinb nod her head. 

“I’m used to it anyways, I like her that way” Sinb confessed, “sorry, we shouldn’t talk about her, not after you just confessed to me” 

“Nahh it’s alright, I want you to know facts about Yerin unnie, so thank me later. We’re friends after all.. right??” Yuju asked. Sinb placed her hand on her chin and pretended to think about it earning a slap from the older girl, “yah!” Sinb and yuju laughed together as they argue. 

 

-*PRESENT*-

Yuju smiled as she recalled the moment with sinb, it’s heart breaking, but I’m happy for yerin. As I thought.. this feelings for sinb isn’t deep, I’ll probably just break her heart in the end. *sigh* 

When will ‘the one’ come steal my heart?