CH.5

Don't tell me what to do!

After the ball tournament , we headed into the exam season.

Yerin stared at the boards which she can see her grades and other students from diffrent classes. 

"Wow the highest is Hwang Eunbi! And second place is Kim Yewon!"

How the heck did that demon get into first place? 

Yuju approached Yerin and patted her back, "how'd you do? Don't you think it's harsh that students that are over rank 100 have to do the make up tests? *phew* I barely made it". Yerin looked at her grades again and felt sad and disappointed, I don't know what happen... My grades in middle school is phenomenal, but high school started to mess me up somehow...

"135 place? It seems that you're not very smart" 

Yerin turned around and saw Sinb hovering over her shoulder to take a peek of her grades. She quickly put it in her pockets and turned to face the younger girl, "I was busy with special events stuff.. A-and don't go looking at my grades without permission!". 

"Hmph, I do what I want" 

Yerin eyed Sinb as she went to her seat, she remembered that she had to follow orders from Sinb, or else... Bad things will happen. 

"Shall I tutor you?"  

Yerin saw Umji come in her class. Her jaw dropped when she heard her idea, omg this is like one of the dramas I watched... Tutor lessons ><. "Is it really okay Umji?" 

Umji turned to Yerin and gave her a light punch on the shoulder, "Unnie, the make up exams are close, if you're fine with someone like me, I'll teach you." Yerin couldn't say anything else but thank you. A few girls over heard their conversation and started to interupt, "Can you tutor us too? We want to study in the same dorm as the white princess". 

"Then let's all study together!" Yuju, Sowon, and Eunha appeared out of no where, wanting to study with umji as well. Yerin rolled her eyes at the girls that decided to join their study session, I thought it was only going to be just the two of us T_T I should have seen this sooner... 

Yerin's attention turned to a girl where she was headed to sinb's desk. "Can you also teach me sinb?". Sinb looked at the weird girl in front of her with no expression. "My grade is actually the second last, if I fail the makeup exams, then there won't be a future for me anymore! And since you're in rank first, can you help me?". The girl wiped her fake tears and went down on her knees. 

Sinb rolled her eyes and helped the girl stand up, "stop this nonsense Dahyun, I will only help you just for TODAY". Yerin watched the action in front of her and was suprised that the black demon is actually helping someone.

*After School- Dorms"

Yerin walked to the dorms with her three best friends, since it was the three's first time in the dorms, Yerin decided to lead the way. Study session.. It'll be nice if it goes peacefully...

The four arrived at the dorms, Sowon, Eunha, and Yuju mouth agaped at the huge dorm in front of them, "this was bigger than I expected!". 

"come in. come in" Yerin went in the dorm first followed by the three. 

"Hey! Don't come in without permission." 

Yerin scrunched her face, annoyed by the person that was in front of her. "We're sorry" yuju said and went behind yerin. The black demon nodded, "Only the ones that lives here is allowed to come in. If you're not, you have to write down your name and your class on the list. Is that clear?". 

"As crystal!" Yerin responded, "let me say this... can you not go scaring off my friends?" Sinb scoffed at the question and went up to yerin, "I also wish that you'd stop talking back at me". This stupid Idiot!

--------------------

Yerin, Sowon, and Eunha went with umji in a seperate table. While Yuju and Dahyun went with sinb. The three sat around the table and took their books out. Umji wrote some notes on the board and smiled at the three, "Now then. I'll be in charge of the scientific stuff while sinb is in charge of the language arts. Shall we get started?". 

Umji's table was much more bright and fun than sinb's. Yuju and Dahyun sat silently while sinb sits down and observes them.

The tutoring continues and many compliments here and there. 

"wow yerin unnie that's correct! You're such a fast learner." Umji patted yerin's head, while sowon and eunha mouth dropped because of jealousy. It was silent for a few mintutes and all was heard was sinb's perfect pronunciation while reading english. All attention was on sinb and was amazed by her reading. 

"Amazing! Sinb, what's with that pronounciation?!" Dahyun asked in shock. "Yea.. You're like native speaker!" Yuju added.

Sinb stopped reading and glared at the two, "Quiet! I read it because you said you're bad with listening skills. If you're not going to study I'll go to my room." With that the two stayed silent and listened to sinb one more time. 

The two tables worked and studied until noon. Yerin heard a girl talking to sinb, "S-sinb, is this correct?". 

"It's correct. Well done" 

Yerin stood up wanting to get out to avoid hearing the two talk with eachother. What is this? Am I... Jealous?

As she stood up, people on her table gave her questioning looks for suddenly standing up. "is anyone hungry? Im going to buy some food. 

Eunha and Sowon eyes lit up at the mention of food. Eunha stood up and made her way to yerin suggesting her some snacks to buy for her and sowon. 

"I'll go with you Yerin unnie". Dahyun went to get her sweater and her wallet, so did yerin. 

They were about to leave, but before they did, Yerin e last time and saw Sinb teaching a smiling yuju.

---

Dahyun and Yerin headed to a mini market and bought a lot of snacks. It took them almost half an hour to pick which ones they should buy. The two left the market with two full bags on both of their hands. "Sorry for making you buy everything, I'll pay you back when we get back to the dorm." Yerin said shyly. 

Dahyun shook her head and took out an ice cream that she bought, "don't worry about it, this is me showing gratitude to you". The older girl quirked her eyebrow not knowing what the sudden "gratitude" is for. 

The two headed back to the dorm to resume their study session, as they were heading back, they talked about random things making  them comfortable with each other  already. 

All of the sudden their talk shifted to talking about Sinb , "it's true that Sinb was scary at the time... But, if you get to know her she's actually kind of easy to approach. I think it's because of you unnie". Dahyun turned to smile at Yerin only to see her with a surprised face. 

Because of me? 

"Oh no, it's starting to rain. Let's go back quickly" Dahyun used her coat to shelter herself from the rain. The two ran as fast as they could not wanting to get soaked. 

---

*Dorms*

Yerin placed the bags on the table and saw her three best friends packing up. "Sorry we're going to go back home, it's getting dark" sowon said and gave Yerin an apologized look.

"we'll take the snacks though" Eunha scooted and took her snacks from the bag. Yerin smiled at how cute Eunha was, "I'll get the umbrellas". 

Yuju, Eunha, and Sowon left  the dorms and Yerin continued studying by herself. A few hours later Yerin decided to take a break, she looked at the clock and her eyes diverting to Sinb and Dahyun. Yerin stared at Sinb, the words Dahyun said are bothering me...

"what?" Sinb saw Yerin staring at her. As soon as their eyes met, Yerin turned away so fast and blushed, impossible why am I being over conscious of it?! 

"Hey! Is there any you don't understand?"  Umji looked over yerin's shoulder looking at her paper. 

"I'm ok. Thanks to you, you did a good job teaching me" 

*Rumble* *Boom* 

Yerin looked outside and saw a thunder flash in the sky, she shivered at the sight. Umji caught yerin's action and got worried, " are you scared of thunder Unnie?" Trying to act all brave, the older girl shook her head and smiled, I'm actually scared! Someone help me! 

Umji didn't believe Yerin and held her hand under the table. Yerin flinched and blushed at the sudden touch, stay calm yeringybkvhsh 

Dahyun continued shivering and was actually terrified of thunder, "s-Sinb can I stay by your side?" 

"Don't come near me" 

Meanwhile, Yerin is still distracted and thinking about how her and umji's hands are still pressed together, im getting nervous... It's a different kind of feeling than with black demon- 

"AHHH!" Dahyun screamed her lungs out. The reason why she screamed was because the power went out. Everyone panicked including Yerin. 

"No way.. A power outage?" 

"I don't like this... It's pitch black!" 

Umji let yerin's hands go and stood up, "relax, I'll come back soon". 

I'll turn my flashlight on the- 

Yerin felt a hand over to prevent her from screaming, she got pulled under the table still not knowing what's happening. 

"Sinb? Where are you?" Dahyun bumped into furniture around as she walked trying to look for the demon. 

This hand belongs to... 

She looked back and felt Sinb's presence behind her. Sinb bit and nibbled on yerin's earlobe, "tsk wagging your tail to just anyone" 

Yerin held her ear still confused, it is that demon!  "What are you talking about?"

Despite it being dark in the room, Yerin can perfectly see Sinb's eyes piercing through her, "you still don't seem to understand who you belong to" 

what?? No way.. She saw everything that the white princess did? 

Yerin widdened her eyes as she felt Sinb and on her neck. What in the world? I'm losing strength... 

It hurts... 

"With this you won't forget who you belong to. You're mine" 

Yerin pushed Sinb off her when she heard Umji and the others going back to the room.  "Fiannly the lights are back on!" 

Umji saw Yerin sitting with a pencil on her hand ready to write something as for Sinb, she was reading... Reading in the dark sinb? Umji looked at the two with a serious expression. 

"What Yerin-ssi was a study nerd? You were studying even when the lights are out?"  Dahyun giggled. 

Yerin gulped still blushing at what happened, are you kidding me? Is this what you call a hickey? And it's hers. 

She went to the bathroom to take a closer look and all was seen was purple-ish blue on her neck. There's something wrong with me, I'm suppose to be mad but..

Yerin went out of the bathroom and Umji aproached her, "unnie, what happen here?" She pointed at her own neck, "are you ok?". 

The older girl covered her neck and  gulped thinking of a reason, "mosquito came... a big one.. And-" 

"I see.." Yerin eyed the younger girl leaning on the wall, she seems to be thinking of something.. Finally Umji spoke up, "there's something important I need to ask you" 

Yerin nodded waiting for Umji to ask her question. Umji looked up to see yerin's bright eyes and smiled: 

"if you pass the make-up exams, will you date me?"