CH.15

Don't tell me what to do!

“Jin, red velvet cake for table 5” yerin announced and placed the dish on top of the counter. In the matter of seconds, Jin picks up the order and went to go serve the cake to the costumer. 

It was another day at work, and it was the day where yerin gets her paycheque. After waiting for many weeks, she’s finally getting what she came for, the holy pay check for my fellow omuji!

“Yah! Stop day dreaming and help with the orders” joy scolded yerin, sending her immediately back to work. 

“It’s my last day, cut me some slack” yerin mumbled under her breath. It was hard to hear what the girl said, but joy heard it very clearly, “another reason why you should go back to work. It’s your last day, you have to work extra hard” Yerin sighed and was left no choice but to agree with her co worker. She went back to work and spent her last day working extra hard for the costumers. 

“Yerin ssi come with me please” yerin’s boss stepped out of his office to summon the girl. 

Yerin took her apron off, placing the cloth on top of the counter. She followed her boss and sat down on the chair in front of his desk. 

“Now you know why you’re here” the man ripped a piece of paper from his desk and started scribbling something down. Once he was done filling the piece of paper out, he handed it to the girl in front of him. 

Yerin widened her eyes at the paycheque, this money can cover the dress and I’ll have some money for myself too! 

“Now Yerin ssi, you can come back here and work again. You know who to go to right?” The man smiled at yerin and bowed at her, “Thanks for all your hard work this past month”

Yerin stood up, shocked at her boss’s sudden action, “no need to  bow sir, and plus I’ll definitely come back. Sooo, make sure to leave space for me” yerin gave the man her famous eye smile. 

“I will, you may go home early” 

The girl nodded and thanked the man one more time before leaving his office. 

“Hehehe see ya guys next time~” yerin winked at her friends and waved her paycheque.

“Wow you’re actually leaving huh?” Jihyo placed her hands on her waist and captured yerin in a headlock, messing her hair up. 

“Hmm. It will be quiet when you’re not around, I have no one else to fool around with” Taehyung pouted. To yerin’s surprise,  she thought that her friends will be happy since she was leaving, but the scene of the girl leaving set them on a sad mood. 

“Oh come on! I’ll be back just you wait” yerin went to the staff room and gathered her things. Before leaving, she gave each of her friends hugs. I’m so gonna miss this. 

——————

*Dorms*

As soon as yerin arrived at her dorm, she bolted to her room to drop off her things and quickly making her way to umji’s room. 

It took several knocks for yerin to get noticed by the owner. 

“Yerin unnie! What are you doing here?” Umji asked and welcomed the older girl in her room. Yerin smiled in return and walked in. She dug her hand in her pocket and gave umji the paycheque that she has been working hard on, “here it’s for the dress. I told you I’ll pay you back”. 

Umji was hesitant at first and debated whether she should accept it, “like I told you unnie, you didn’t have to, that dress was more of a gift. But aside that, thank you for working hard”. 

“I did give you multiple heads up that I’ll pay you back, didn’t I?” Yerin sat down on the couch, she noticed that there was two rooms, “umm is anyone else living in here other that you?” 

“Oh yep, eunbi and I share the same room” umji said and continued preparing the drinks. 

Oh so this is her room... yerin peeked at the two rooms and found it really organized. Wow these two are amazing.. compared to my room, mine probably looks like a junk yard. 

Yerin’s eyes then moved to the series of pictures hanged on the walls. There was pictures of umji and sinb when they were both little with a little dog in between of them. She found them really cute on that picture and leaned closer to have a better look. 

“Heh that was me and eunbi when we were in 2nd grade.. we just got our new pet”

“And you’re telling me that you two aren’t siblings?” 

“We’re just super besties.. I guess?” 

The two tried to catch up with every thing going on with their lives, but it was cut short when yerin announced that she had to go. 

“Before you go unnie. Do you mind coming here tomorrow afternoon? If you’re free..that is..” umji asked and took the cups to the sink. 

“Im not practically going to do anything” yerin scratched her head and thought about her plans for tomorrow. She walked over to the front door and wore her slippers on. The younger girl went up behind yerin and hugged her from the back, placing her arms around he older’s neck, “I’ll see you tomorrow then-“ 

Umji halted her sentence when she heard the door knob twist. The two watched the person enter the room and for a brief moment, the girl looked at the two almost hugging. 

“Sinb! You’re here early” umji got off yerin and smirked at her. Though the girl did feel irritated, sinb simply nodded at her roommate and brushed past her. 

“I think I better go now. See you tomorrow” yerin closed the door behind her and dashed to her own room. 

——Meanwhile in Maknae lines’ room——

Umji watched sinb walk into her room and began changing. She sat down on the couch and waited for her unnie to finish her routine. “Did you eat yet? I’ll heat up some food for you” umji asked while twirling the tv remote on her hand.

“No I lost my appetite” 

Umji pressed her lips together, trying to hold her laughter in, “why is that? Did you perhaps overhear what I told Yerin unnie?”

Sinb went out of her room, fully changed into a much more comfortable clothing, “And what if I did?” 

“Awww don’t be jealous. You can join us if you want.. oh wait you won’t be here” umji laughed and walked over to her own room. 

Sinb always hated the younger girl for always playing with her feelings, umji knows well how that sinb liked yerin since she laid her eyes on her. And there she is trying to take yerin away from her.

“What are you planning to do?” Sinb grabbed umji’s wrist making her face eachother. Umji smirked at her and shrugged, “no need to worry. All you need to know is that we won’t do it in your bedroom” 

With that, sinb pushed umji near a wall and gripped her collar. Sinb doesn’t know why she’s acting this way, but what umji is doing is not because she likes yerin. She’s doing this leave sinb in a heart broken state.

“Stop your nonsense Yewon. You’re hurting the wrong person.” 

“What do you mean? I love her and I’m not hurting anyone” 

“You don’t love her! You’re only doing this to hurt me. When you knew how I felt towards her, you thought that this was the best time to get back at me isn’t it? If it is, don’t drag her into this” 

“Hahaha do you hear yourself right now? You really did fall huh? Well now you know how it feels when someone takes your love one away from them. All this time Eunbi... that’s what you’ve been doing to me, when I had feelings for Eunseo, my parents, EVEN TO OUR PET! WHY NOT TAKE EVERYTHING?!” 

Sinb slapped the younger girl and pulled her into a hug, “this isn’t like you.. I know that you’re not the type to plan vengeance, please stop whatever you’re doing.” Sinb couldn’t control her tears from rolling out of her eye and this made her pull her best friend more into a tighter hug. The two stayed like that for a moment until umji pulled away and went into her room. 

She locked the door and leaned on it, she brought her knees to her face and started to cry. What the am I doing? 

————

*Morning* 

*buzz*buzz*

Yerin reached for her phone on her night stand and saw the unknown ID caller, she rolled her eyes and let the noise of her phone vibrate against the wood surface. Once the buzzing stopped, the girl immediately went back to sleep. Finally some peace and quiet- 

*BUZZ* 

What the f-! yerin reached for her phone once again and answered with an annoyed voice, “hello?”

“You have seven days to live-“

“Listen jerk. Do you know what time it is? You should’ve let me have a good sleep first for your threat to be more effective. I would be more scared if I wasn’t half asleep!” Yerin grumbled and closed her eyes. 

“Jeez ok I’m sorry” 

Yerin heard giggles coming from the other line. It was obvious that it was a prank call and she damned well know who it is, that giraffe and bunny! “aish! This is so frustrating!” Yerin bounced on her bed and kicked the blanket off her. 

SW: Sorry Yerin ah, we were going to ask if you want to hang out today

YR: I can’t I’m busy. How about tomorrow? 

SW: sounds good! Sorry for disturbing your sleep

YR: it’s fine I’m wide awake now. By the way, why do you have a unknown number? 

SW: I got a new phone. DONT TELL YUJU! 

YR: Tsk rich kids

Yerin hung up and plopped on her bed. I have to go to the white princess’ room this afternoon. 

——

*Umji POV* 

I can’t go out! I’m not ready to face her.. not until what happened yesterday.. 

Umji walked over to her door and listened to whatever was going on, on the other side. Is that eggs being fried? I’m hungry TT OMG umji man up and just apologize. She grabbed the door knob and was about to twist it when she heard footsteps coming towards her room. Oh sh!t 

Umji rushed to her bed and covered her self with her blanket all the way up to her neck. She heard her door open and footsteps nearing her bed. 

“Umji ah, breakfast is ready” Sinb said in a hushed voice and sat on the edge of the bed. The younger fake groaned and fluttered her eyes open, “ok five more minutes”

“I know that you were awake, no need to hide it” sinb laughed and pulled the girl up, dragging her out of her bedroom. 

Meanwhile umji widened her eyes and just followed her best friend, “how’d you know?” She sat down on the dinner table and eyed the food. 

Sinb took two plates out of the cabinet, making her way back to the table, “I can see your shadows underneath the door”. 

I should’ve covered the windows.. Two ate in silent, only having a few and short conversations. “Sorry about yesterday.. I wasn’t myself” umji gulped, avoiding the sinb’s eyes. Wow saying sorry is a hard thing to say... 

“Sorry as well, I.. slapped you..” Sinb hesitated and drank her mug full of coffee. The two sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying the peacefulness. It was no surprise that one day sinb and umji will have a fight, well that’s what best friends are for, they fight and the next day they’ll be friends again. 

Umji cleared and broke the silence, “You’re late”. Sinb can only raise her eyebrows, not understanding what the girl is saying, “don’t you have work?” 

“Oh.. I took a day off just for today. And I’m trusting you to not do anything weird in here.. you know what I mean right?” 

“Yea.. that slap you gave me yesterday was such a wake up call. Yerin unnie and I will probably just watch a movie or something” 

“Alright. I’ll be down at the park if you need anything” 

Sinb stood up gathering all the plates and mugs. She placed them on the sink and started to wash them, “I won’t be home until lunch time, so-“ she stopped her words when umji hugged her front the back, sinb almost dropped the plate she was holding and tried to remain her balance, “yah!” 

“I’m sorry eunbi I messed up big time!” The younger sobbed in between sinb’s clothes. 

“Hey you’re wetting my clothes!” Sinb dried her hands by splashing them in the sink, she turned around to only see umji looking down while crying. Sinb couldn’t contain her laughter and started to laugh at the younger’s current state. She cupped umji’s face, helping her to look up. As soon as their eyes met, umji cried even more, “eeuunnggg weeeeh~!” 

“Yah stop crying, you’re not a baby anymore” Sinb chuckled wiping umji’s tears. 

“I-I promise, I’ll make it up to y-you” 

“Sounds good. I’ll be waiting for it then” Sinb brought the girl into an embrace letting the girl to continue sobbing until she stopped. 

———

 

*Yerin POV* 

Should I wear this? Or this? Yerin swapped shirts time to time to see which shirt suits her best. Aish who cares anymore! She wore the most comfortable clothing for her and made her way to umji and sinb’s shared dorm room. 

As soon as she arrived, she knocked and waited either one of the two to answer the door. “Not the black demon please..” she mumbled over and over. 

“Hey unnie!” 

Yerin smiled at the white princess’ sudden appearance and greeted her back. 

“I should’ve told you this sooner, but we’re actually going out” 

“No problem, where to?” 

“Can’t tell you, it’s a secret” umji grinned and locked the door behind her, “but first, you must look presentable” 

What umji meant by “presentable” is giving yerin a makeover, make up and new pair of clothes. Wow these clothes are not bad, I like her style. 

“Wait. Are we going to a fancy restaurant? If we are, I’m ready to go back to my job” yerin said suspiciously. Umji can only shrug and kept focusing on the older girl’s hair, “it’s a secret~” 

Yerin gulped and just let umji do her job; it almost took half an hour just to finish everything. After the younger girl let yerin look at herself in the mirror, she can only gape at how attractive she looks, “w-wahhh-“ yerin touched her face. 

“Yeaaa~ lookin’ good unnie” umji gave yerin a thumbs up. Suddenly, she held yerin’s hand and pulled her towards the entrance, “let’s go, we don’t want her to keep waiting right?” 

———- 

Yerin and umji walked down the street next to eachother. Although the older girl doesn’t know where umji is taking her, she just went with the flow and followed her to wherever they’re going. 

“Can you at least tell me who I’m ‘meeting’?” Yerin groaned, trailing behind umji. The younger sighed and gave up, “we’re going to meet the love of your life!” 

“Which is?” 

“Which is... SINB!” 

Yerin’s jaw dropped after hearing the demon’s name, “wait what?!” Umji ignored yerin’s questions and kept smiling to herself on the way to the park. 

——

*Park*

“Ok unnie, off you go” umji pushed yerin towards the park. She was going to yell at the younger girl, but when she turned around, umji was no where in sight. Did she just.. teleport? 

Yerin has no choice but to look around the park to look for a certain someone, this is going to be awkward.. what exactly is umji’s plan! While she was walking she spotted someone on one of the benches, is that her? She walked towards the girl and felt her heart starting to beat fast. 

“H-hey” yerin stuttered, making her way next to the girl. 

Sinb looked at the owner of the voice and scooted to the side, giving yerin some space to sit next to her, “hey, what are you doing here?” 

“To be honest, I don’t know” 

“Tsk, weirdo” 

The two sat in a comfortable silence, watching a few kids going down the slides and playing on the swings. They enjoyed the strong wind hitting their faces and saw how the leaves on trees starting to fall off. 

*ahem* “so... how’s your relationship with yuju?” Yerin asked nonchalantly. Sinb quirked her eyebrows at the girl and pulled her hood up, feeling the cold breeze starting to hit her skin, “huh?” 

“Aren’t you two together?” 

“No, I like someone else” 

“Oh so you’re cheating on her?” 

“What?? No, we’re not even together on the first place” 

They’re not together? B-but.. whattttt? If I talk about the scene at the park last time, she’ll suspect as if I was a stalker or something, “s-so who do you like?” 

Yerin gulped when sinb didn’t answer her, she remained silent and faced forward, forgetting about the sudden question. 

“Do you-“ yerin got cut off when she felt the younger girl’s lips on hers. “You talk too much” Sinb laid back on the bench leaving a blushing yerin. She pulled the collar of the sweatshirt up to her face, trying to cover her visible red cheeks. Yerin covered and widened her eyes at the girl acting like nothing happened, “Y- you broke the contract long ago!” 

“So? I did that because I felt like it” 

Yerin blushed even harder, suddenly feeling embarrassed, “do it again” 

It was sinb’s turn to widen her eyes and turned to look at the girl beside her, “I’m not your slave” 

Yerin cupped the younger’s face and pulled it to meet their lips once again. This time, the two responded to each other’s intensity, until they broke off when they needed air. Yerin looked at sinb, forehead touching, and panting trying to breathe for air, “You work for me now.... you’re mine Hwang Eunbi” 

“I’d love to be yours” 

Sinb gave yerin a quick peck on the lips and held her hand. They stood up from the bench and went home together. 

Did this demon actually stole my heart? (-_-+) 

 

————- 

*20 minutes earlier* 

“Hey get your own binoculars” umji elbowed Dahyun and focused on watching the two love birds conversing. 

“I just wanted to see the two” the girl faked cried and just watched sinb and yerin from a far. 

“Why are we hiding in a bush?” Yuju asked and looked through from her own binoculars. 

“Umm because we look cool and less creepy” umji answered. 

“Why did I even come here, when I can’t even see them T-T” 

“Ohh! They kissed!” 

“OH MY GOSH WHERE?” Dahyun perked up and say the two starting to pull away, “I always miss the good part!” 

The three continued watching yerin and sinb until the two started to leave the park. 

“That was the best romance show I’ve ever seen!” Yuju wiped her fake tears and slumped down on the grass. 

“I know right! Did you see how dominant eunbi was?” Umji started to dust off all the grass and leaves. 

“Sinb? Dominant? Hah did you even see how aggressive yerin was when she cupped her face. Sinb looked like a little puppy compared to her.” 

“What? That was only one time, you should’ve seen how many times eunbi was dominant” 

“Oh yeah?” Yuju stood up meeting umji’s eyes. 

“Yeah!” Umji straighten her back to look as if she was the same height as the taller girl. 

Wow I’m such a third wheeler. Dahyun rolled on the ground letting the two argue.  

 

 

THE END. 

 

 

 

———————————————

A/N:

That was all for “Don’t tell me what to do!” I hope you buddies enjoyed it as much as I did. Sorry for the late update T-T these past few weeks has been really busy for me and I could only write a few times. 

But aside that, thank you for all the views, for subscribing, up votes and using your time to leave comments, it truly helped me write this story. 

As I mentioned on the beginning, this was based of the manga and movie, “Kurosaki kun no linari ni Nante Naranai“ if you have time please do check it out, it’s really interesting ^-^  

But yeeees~ this story has ended, and I don’t know if I will write another one... it’s all up to my brain and imagination XD 

I will tell you buddies one thing... this isn’t the last of me ;) 

Gfriend and buddies hwaiting!!! <3

See ya next time~~ GUUU BAII~~~