CH.3

Don't tell me what to do!

*chirp* *chirp*

Yerin woke up hearing the birds chirp outside her window, the sunlight hitting her face. She squinted to prevent the sunlight from her eyes and stretched hearing a few cracks and groans. Yerin got her stuff ready and went downstairs to eat her breakfast.

"Good morning Yennie!" Umji waved at Yerin.

Yerin hid behind a pillar, not sure if she should go say hi and sit down with her, or just run away and eat somewhere else. She is so bright even though its morning. Yesterday I revealed myself to the white princess. 

Umji saw Yerin hiding and smiled at her, "whats the matter? Come on and eat". The older girl hid her face with her hands, "Sorry for showing you something unsightly! Bye!". 

Yerin turned around to make a run for it but stopped when she saw sinb. "move you're in the way!". Yerin wanted to say something to her, but the proper words wont come out, instead yerin blushed and turned into a tomato, remembering what happened at the baths. 

"Hey! About yesterday.." 

Sinb walked away before yerin can even finish her sentence, "hey! stop right there!". The girl kept walking away and sat across of umji. Umji worriedly looked at yerin then to sinb, "is it ok to leave her like that?". Sinb glanced at yerin and saw her hug the pillar while muttering to herself, "I dont care." 

Stop ignoring me you idiot! Yerin screamed mentally. 

"e-excuse me.." 

Yerin turned around and saw the three girls from yesterday,"you're from yesterday! Good morning!". One of the girls stepped in and sincerely apologized to her. Instead of making Yerin mad, she was clueless and scratched her head trying remember what the girl has done. 

"It's about yesterday's bath time.. The truth is we lied and tricked you"

oh so that what happened...

"we were called out by Sinb who told us to see her in the office." 

" that's right! She was so scary! I thought she was going to glare us to death" 

The girl's expression changed and pointed at Yerin, "but you can't blame us, it's your fault for getting along with everyone's white princess!". The three walked away leaving Yerin standing by herself in the empty hallway, what? I had no idea... Should I thank her?

Never mind, that would be frustrating just by talking to her. But, it seems like the white princess is everyone's idol. 

----------------------------

*At School*

"it's about the ball tournament we will be having against the other classes next month" 

Yerin sat up and listened to her teacher wanting to hear more information.

"the results of the lottery is Sinb-ssi and Yerin-ssi, you two are the management team" 

Hearing the news made yerin's mood drop, what is with this undesirable but insoerable relationship?! 

 After hearing the news from the teacher, Yerin slumped on to her desk thinking about her and Sinb pairing up. "Hey did you hear? If we win, we get one ticket for a free lunch in the cafeteria! But, we might be weak at some parts of the team, so I think it's impossible to win" one of the boys in the class said. 

Yerin sighed at the boy's comment and lead her to a deep thought until Yuju and Eunha came to her class, "aren't you happy to be with the black princess?" Yuju asked and took a chair and placed it beside yerin's desk. Eunha grabbed one too and placed it the front of Yerin, "you two kissed before right?". 

Yerin groaned at the reminder, "exactly why someone should change with me!". 

"Whatever, this is your problem. Lunch break is going to be over soon, let's eat!" Yuju munched on her sandwich and Eunha took out her container of rice cakes. "I like watching the black princess from afar. Since we don't want to be kicked" 

oh.. So it's ok if I get kicked >:T

"since your on the management team, can you put me on the cheering team?" Yuju placed her hands together as if she was begging to Yerin. Yerin looked at her friend and shrugged, "I don't know yet, we'll have to talk more about it.." 

Yerin took her lunch out and saw Sinb on the corner of her eye, " yeah... I was thinking that I want to participate as a player." Because I was only an onlooker during middle school. 

Yerin took a bite off her sandwich and choked when a 'certain someone' kicked her chair. She immediately grabbed her water bottle and chugged it. 

"Managers are supposed to be gathering!" Sinb kicked yerin's chair again but slightly lighter than the forced she used before. Sinb glared at the girl, as Yerin glared back at the black princess. "Get ready in 10 seconds". 

Sinb made her way to the door leaving Yerin annoyed, "we still have time! If you have this attitude during the tournaments, everyone's going to ignore you". The other girl let out an evil laugh and turned to glare at  Yerin, "I'm not going to participate in any of the tournaments". 

Sinb left the room which made Yerin dumbfounded about her not participating in the tournaments. "Say what? Sinb isn't going to play this year? That's fine with me, I hate that girl" one of the girls spoke up. 

"I heard that she is really good at sports... So we kinda need her for the basketball team.." A guy in front of the girl said. 

What? That demon is good at sports?

-------------------

*Tournament meeting* 

"Now then, the second years are in charge of the referees, and  the first years are in charge of the points. The member lists and pamphlets are due the day after tomorrow, so please ready it by then!" 

Everyone looked at Yerin and Sinb. Most of the students were afraid of the black demon so they avoided making eye contact with her. This teamwork between us is seriously impossible. *sigh* if only my partner was Umji... We would get along so perfectly. 

-------------------------

*Dorms* 

Yerin's room was a mess, papers everywhere, clothes and her bags were all over her bed and floor. She tied up her hair in a bun and wore her pajamas. 

Minutes after minutes she still haven't wrote anything for the pamphlet, "everything is still blank, this is harder than I thought... Hmmmm, how about I pu-" 

"1-D Jung Yerin! Come to the dormitory head's office immediately!" The p.a system echoed through the halls and the rooms, Yerin ignored the black demon's orders and kept working on her work. 

"Come! now!" 

Yerin rolled her eyes and got up from her seat, "she's bothering all the other dorm members by doing that...". She got up and took something out of her closet. The hoodie that I borrowed, at least I washed them. Plus I haven't put my make up on, I guess its ok if its only her.

-

"Did you think that I would want that dirty hoodie back?" Sinb tossed the hoodie to the girl, landing on her face, " You didn't even fold it nicely". 

Its frustrating that I cant say anything back, since what she said was true.. "what do you want?" 

"Where's the member list?"

Yerin gulped and mumbled to herself "isnt that due the day after tomorrow?". 

"what? Do you have anything to say to me?" Sinb spun around with her office chair and looked at the girl. 

"if you want to help then just help. Besides, aren't you part of the commitee?"

Sinb had nothing to say and went back to work. The two worked in silence only hearing the buttons being pressed as sinb typed something in her computer. Yerin eyed sinb and looked at the computer suprised that there was a computer in the room. 

"I finished the pamphlets" Sinb said still looking at the computer. Yerin stopped writing and is shocked that the girl was done when it was assigned today, "that was fast.. There's not enough basketball players so im still thinking about what to do. Hmmm, can I see the pamphelts?"

A few clicks can be heard as sinb setted up the printer. She gave the paper to Yerin and saw her impressed face as she read through it. "Put Tzuyu on the basketball team and Yuju on the cheer team since she has good tumbling abilities." Sinb suggested. 

Yerin listened carefully and thought that even though she isnt interested in others, she's really aware of her classmates, but we still need one more person for the basketball team..

The black demon glared at yerin, "rewrite it!".

Yerin grabbed her eraser and started erasing her notes. "If you're so concerned about it, why dont you participate?" She suddenly regretted asking the girl the question because for sure, sinb was annoyed of the question. 

A few minutes later, sinb played with her pencil and answered yerin's question, "They wont play because they're afraid of me.."

what? "then why dont you play and try to get along with our classmates... it looks like the white princess is your only friend. If you dont put any effort in, you'll keep relying on her". 

Sinb stood up and pinned yerin to the wall, "blah blah blah, you're so noisy"

Yerin tried to release herself from the girl's hard grip, "didnt I tell you? Im not scared of yo-". 

She widdened her eyes as sinb pressed her lips with hers. Yerin blushed at the contact and stayed still not knowing what to do, "what are you doing you idiot?"

Sinb pulled away and let yerin go, she covered and avoided her question, "tsk, dont cry this time". Yerin grind her teeth together and took the participation list, this demon! "You're participating you got that! or maybe you're a wimp and cant even dribble? Well if you cant.. then i'll put you in the cheer team". 

Yerin smirked at the girl and showed her the paper. "Then.. what would you do if I win?" Sinb scoffed. 

"I'll listen to everything you say!"

Yerin went to the bathroom and washed and even scrubbed it, I will not consider that as a kiss! Nothing is going to change just because she's in the team! 

-------------------------------------

*Next day*

Everyone in yerin's class went to the gymnasium to practice all different types of sports. 

"No way... isnt she from class D? The black princess!" one of the girls said that was sitting out and watching the other students play. 

"shall we start practicing?" Yerin mouth agaped when she saw sinb crossover some guys and zoomed right pass by her. Everyone in the room watched the girl as she juked the defenders, sinb jumped and dunked with one hand.

"SHE WAS THIS GOOD?" 

"woah this is the first time i've seen a slam dunk with one hand"

The boys and the girls groaned on the other team since they were losing. 

"Dahyun!"

Dahyun shiverred when she heard her name being yelled by sinb, "s-sorry did I do something wrong?" Sinb shook her head and passed the ball to Dahyun,"no its not that, I'll take the ball next time and I'll pass it to you since you're fast. Run straight to the other net and try to score." 

Dahyun nodded and was suprised that the girl was being nice to her, sinb and dahyun went to the rest of the team and talked about their strategies. Yerin bit her lip when shen saw sinb being social and actually trying to get along with the team, what is this? I thought... her heart raced faster and continued to look at sinb's direction. 

Yerin slapped herself and shook away the thoughts, this is impossible! Why did my heart race so fast for that demon?!

UJ: so, you're class is also practicing today, Yennie? 

YR: U-umji! 

UJ: This is a rare sight to see sinb practicing... did you ask her to participate?

YR: Well.. yeah... are you also going to participate?

UJ: Yup! If we keep winning, we'll eventually play against your class.

YR: Really? Good luck then!

Sinb stopped playing and saw yerin and umji smiling and talking with eachother, she glared at them forgetting about the basketball game that she was in. "Pass!" Sinb took the ball and threw it at Yerin and Umji's direction. 

"Look out!"

Umji ran to Yerin's back and caught the ball at the perfect time, "Are you okay? Did you get hurt unnie?" 

"No, thank you!" Wow she's so cool!!

Sinb walked to the two girls and took the ball from umji's hand, "stop slacking off and start praticing" 

"We were about to start. Dont tell me you were the one who threw the ball at us, you're the worst!" Yerin walked away and started to practice with the rest of her classmates. Sinb ignored yerin and umji and walked away going back to the court. 

"What are we praticing next?" Dahyun huffed and wiped her sweat off her forehead. 

"100 drills of dribbling. DO IT!" Sinb said annoyed. The teams reaction was mixed of disapointment and terrified as they witness a killing aura around her. 

-

A few hours later of practicing, the class finally called it a day and started to clean up. Yerin took the cart full of basketballs and bid farewell to her friends, "good work today guys!" 

"Thanks! see you later then." 

Yerin made her way to the equipment room and heard a few people in the team talking about the black demon. 

"im so tired, I have baseball pratice after this.."

"sinb is seriously a demon- a devil!" 

"Even so, her instructions are accurate and it feels like im imrpoving!"

"That's true.. you used to " 

"Im glad that she is participating with everyone"

"I guess.. lets do our best"

Yerin continued walking back to the equipment room, If sinb heard what they said, im sure even the black demon would be happy.

--

"ugh! the change room were so crowded." Yerin walked out of the room and buttoned up her last button. 

"I know the tournament is only a week away.." Yuju said and walked with yerin "Oh yerin you didnt wear your scrunchie?"

Yerin checked her hair and didnt feel her scrunchie, " I did that was my favourite one. I must've dropped it somewhere.."

Yuju nodded and told yerin that she has cram school that she has to go to. Yerin being the understanding one let yuju go and went to look for scrunchie.

She looked everywhere and went back to the gymnasium and checked the storage room, but she still could'nt find it . The last place she hasn't checked was the equipment room, she opened the door  and saw sinb cleaning and wipping the basketballs. What is she doing here?

"Its almost curfew, is it ok if you disobey it? Ms. Superintendent" 

Sinb jumped when suddenly she saw yerin walk in, "curfew?". "7pm. The school is closing now"

This girl seriously likes cleaning things. Yerin looked at sinb pause and still looking down on the ball, not doing anything. 

How precious. The black demon is troubled. Yerin giggled. "Whats so funny?"

"Nothing~ Just looking for something. That reminds me, some of the girls and boys were happy that you joined the team you know that?" 

Sinb just looked at the girl and didnt say anything, she grabbed her collar and pulled it up to her face, covering and nose. 

Thats wierd... She's not retorting with her usual cold word.. wait is she shy?

"I still think its impossible for you to win, you're going up against class C, which the white princess is in." 

Sinb continued being silent, Yerin continued to find her scrunchie until they heard footsteps. 

"Im going home.." *click* "that was the last door for the today *yawn*

Yerin rushed to the door and banged on it, "wait! Cant you see that there are still people inside?!" She continued banging until her hand started to hurt and gulped at the situation. 

Im locked inside with the Black Demon!