CH.9

Don't tell me what to do!

It was the first day of summer vacation and Yerin had many things to do. She still has to obey Sinb's orders, she's a part time worker in a café for almost all days of the week, and of course not forgetting to have fun with her best friends. 

But it wasn't only the first day of summer vacation, today is also the day where Yerin starts working in her new job. She arrived at the cafè 10 minutes earlier, to get a first impression from her boss and her future co- workers. Yerin introduced herself in front of her co- workers, her voice did crack and stuttered from all the nervousness, but all of the worrying went away as she felt them smiling and introducing themselves back at her. 

"Hey Yerin ssi, my name is Joy we'll be working in the same unit, let's get along through the the summer vacation" Joy smiled and shook Yerin's hand. "And I'm Jihyo, I'm also in the same unit as you. Joy and I have been working in this cafè for several months. At first it may seem difficult to brew coffee but once you get the hang of it, I guarantee you, you can do it in your sleep" Jihyo giggled and gave Yerin her uniform.

Yerin took the uniform and got changed, wow I like this job already...

When Yerin was done changing, she went behind the counter and saw Jihyo and Joy already starting to serve the costumers. 

"Joy, one medium espresso frappuccino" The cashier said and put the coins in the cashier. Joy took the cup and started brewing coffee. She poured the coffee, put whip cream on top and drew a heart before serving. 

"Jin, espresso frappuccino for table 3" A guy named Jin took the cup and put it on the tray he was holding, he went to go serve it and gave the most polite and sweet smile to the customer. 

Yerin mouth a gaped when she saw how fast they were working. "There you are, I've been waiting for you. Joy will be taking over the brewing while I'll teach you." Jihyo said and teached  Yerin the basic methods on how to brew and serve coffee.

At first, she did make a lot of mistakes, but yerin was starting to adapt to the supplies around her. 

“Not bad for a beginner” 

Yerin turned around and saw an attractive person hovering over her shoulder, “t-thanks”   The attractive person gave yerin a smile and took a step back, “oh ummm sorry for invading your personal space. I’m Taehyung by the way and I’m known as the ‘hottest cashier’ here”. Taehyung brushed his hair back and laughed. 

“I heard that! But you can’t beat world wide handsome” The waiter appeared beside Taehyung and purposely bumped his shoulder, “I’m Jin, nice to meet you”. Yerin bowed to the two of them and introduced herself. “Im Yerin, it’s nice to meet you guys. I hope we’ll get along perfectly”. 

After having a little chat and getting to know her co- workers, it was time for yerin to leave, “thank you for giving me a welcoming first day, I’ll see you guys soon”. Everyone bid farewell to yerin and she left the café, heading to her dorm. 

————————

*Dorms* 

Yerin instantly went to her room plopping herself on her bed, "it's only the first day and I'm already exhausted". She laid for a few minutes and got up changing into a more comfortable clothing. She looked at the time deciding that there was time for her to eat dinner. 

Yerin left her room and locked the door behind her. She headed downstairs greeting her with a pack of people eating and chattering on the tables. Wow there's a lot of people... I guess I'm skipping dinner after all. Turning without hesitation, she was heading back to her room until someone held her wrist, "Don't you dare skip meals". 

Judging by the voice of this 'person', it’s  none other than Sinb, why does she care anyways. Yerin was about to protest but was dragged to a table near the window.  "There you are Eunbi, where did you go? Oh hi unnie" Umji greeted Yerin with a smile and pat the seat beside her for the older girl to sit on. Yerin sat and saw Sinb sitting across from Umji, "sorry for intruding ". 

"Not at all, did you eat yet?" Umji asked. Yerin shook her head and was about to get up to get some food, until Sinb suddenly stands up, “tsk I’ll get it” she mumbled and made her way to the counter where the chef was serving the meals. 

 

Well that was weird. Yerin sat back down and saw umji’s mischievous grin, “you okay umji?”. “Yup I’m ok. Get ready for a full course meal.” Yerin furrowed her eyebrows and saw two plates full of food that sinb brought back. The plates were so full that the rice and mash potatoes are mounted up, there was at least three chicken legs and the second plate was a bunch of cut up vegetables and fruits. 

 

Already looking at the plate, yerin’s jaw dropped at the amount of food. Sinb left again only coming back with a full jug of water. Welp, there goes my gorgeous body

 

SB: You’re not leaving until you finish all of that.

 

UJ: C’mon sinb, you know she can’t finish all of that. 

 

SB: It’s her fault. 

 

UJ: True... stuff yourself up unnie, don’t worry we’ll wait for you. 

 

YR: How is this my fault? And FYI I can’t finish this, I’m on a diet. 

 

SB: Diet? *scoff*  Where did that lead you? 

 

UJ: On the floor. Sinb’s actually right for once, now eat up before that happens again. 

 

They’re seriously teaming up on me? Feeling defeated, yerin took a bite and sulked. The three talked about some plans for their summer vacation, more like two since yerin was busy finishing her food. 

 

“What up mah chingus” Dahyun interrupted making umji, yerin and sinb look at her, “sorry for cutting in, but I would like to personally invite you three to a laser tag game tomorrow... unless.. you’re a chicken”.

After not getting a response, Dahyun started making chicken noises making all three of them irritated. “No response? Bok bok bok.” She brought her hands to her side and started moving like a chicken, “bok bok bok bok bok bo-“ Sinb slammed her hand on the table and glared at Dahyun, “shut up already”. 

 

“Alright see you there. I’ll text you guys for more info. Good night.” Dahyun stretched her hand to yerin’s plate, grabbing a chicken leg. Before she could retrieve it to her side, sinb slapped her hand making her drop the piece of food back to yerin’s plate,  “that’s for hers only”. Dahyun sulked and left the three alone. 

 

“I can pie-nally eat in pish” yerin said while chewing. She was half way done her food and the plate full of fruits and vegetables were remaining.

Sinb saw sauce on the corner of yerin’s lips and took a napkin, she reached for the older girl’s face until umji snatched the tissue out of her hand, “unnie don’t talk with your mouth full” and wiped her lips. Sinb looked out the window and saw the reflection of a blushing yerin, she rolled her eyes acting like she wasn’t bothered by umji’s sudden action. 

 

*phew* “all done! Are you satisfied sinb?” Yerin grinned at her accomplishment. The black demon looked at her and smirked, “I was only kidding about what I said earlier. Anyways, good night umji”. Sinb left the two alone and went to her room. 

 

“Are you serious?! I didn’t have to finish that?” Yerin groaned. “Sinb actually didn’t eat yet. She probably thought that you couldn’t finish all of the food so she can later eat your leftovers”. Umji said sounding surprised, “but looks like sinb was right... you were really hungry, don’t skip anymore meals ok?”. The older girl nodded like she was getting lectured.

 

That demon actually has a soul? “Thanks for accompanying me while I ate... and about sinb-“, “don’t worry I’ll buy her something” umji reassured, “night unnie”

 

“Yea... good.. night” 

 

———————————————

 

*Saturday* 

 

Yerin woke up when she felt the hot sunlight on her face busting through the curtains. She scrunched her face and blindly grabbed her phone on her night stand. Looking at all the messages and missed calls, her eyes widened and jumped out of bed, forgetting that she had somewhere to be. Shoot I slept in.

 

It almost took yerin a good 10 minutes to get ready, she last looked at herself in the mirror wearing short shorts, dark purple shirt and tied up hair before leaving her room. As she was going down the stairs she saw umji and sinb putting their shoes on, ready to leave. She ran to the cafeteria grabbing a piece of bread and left it hanging in as she rushed to the entrance putting her shoes on too. 

“Morning looking good as always” umji complimented. 

Double knotting her laces, yerin stood up and gave umji her eye smile, “Good morning, you look good too”. She looked at sinb faceless as ever and nodded at her. 

“Let’s go, Dahyun is probably waiting for us” umji held yerin’s hand and dragged her outside where a cab was already there waiting for them. 

During the car ride, umji and yerin sat at the back and chatted while sinb sat at the front seat where she was blasting her music through her headphones. A few minutes later, they arrived at the laser tag arena and paid the driver. 

“Can you be any slower?” Dahyun whined as yerin, sinb and umji entered the place. Yerin furrowed her eyebrows when she saw someone familiar, “yuju? What are you doing here?” Yuju was about to talk when Dahyun butted in, “I invited her, the two of us are friends after all... I hope you guys don’t mind, I invited three more people with us” 

UJ: Im ok with it as long as they’re nice.

DH: No promises- and here they come

??: Sorry Dahyun- ah I hope we’re not late.

DH: Right on time.

??: It’s because of this brat.

??: who you calling brat? 

DH: Jeez, it’s ok don’t worry about it. You two are making a scene here, do want us to get kicked out? 

“Yerin- ah!” One of the Dahyun’s friend yelled pointing at yerin and cut of Dahyun mid sentence. Yerin mouth  agaped when she saw her three co - workers from her new job, “Annyeong, Jihyo, Taehyung, and Jin ssi. I didnt know you were the people that Dahyun was talking about”. 

“Yea what coincidence” jihyo laughed. 

“Looks like you know each other  already” Dahyun scratched her head feeling relieved that everything was going smooth, “oh yea, yerin unnie! Will you buy the combo for us, there’s a game going on right now and it might take half an hour to finish. While we wait, I thought that it would be a good idea to eat and get to know each other. Since you already know these dorks will you get us food?” Dahyun asked and fluttered her eyelashes. 

Yerin didn’t say anything and looked at the girl blankly. “Ugh fine here.” Dahyun took out her wallet and gave yerin her debit card, “it’s tap by the way anddddd don’t you dare waste all my money.” Yerin walked away not listening to the last few words that Dahyun said. The other seven found a table and talked about random topics while yerin orders the food. 

The orders came and there was two trays that she needed to carry. “You need help?”. Yerin turned around and saw Taehyung waiting patiently for her. Yerin smiled and gave him the tray, while she carried the other one. 

After getting to know each other and eating, an employee came up to them and said that it was their turn to play. 

“You guys might have to create your own teams and game mode, you only have about 45 minutes to play the game. Have Fun!”. The employee lead the way to the arena and where the equipments were.

They put the equipment on wearing a vest with a sensor and an attached laser gun. The teams were:

Red: Umji, Yerin, Yuju, Taehyung

Blue: Sinb, Dahyun, Jin, Jihyo

Game mode: Capture The Flag

 

The eight entered the dark arena and planned out their strategies, “I think we should have 3 offence and 1 defence” umji whispered. Taehyung nodded agreeing to her idea, “I think yerin should be defense because she’s wearing a dark shirt”. “Camouflage. Despite the glowing vest you have, it would be hard for them to see you and don’t we also have 3 lives each?” yuju asked and pointed the gun at yerin. “Yeah so try not to die” 

Feeling overwhelmed, yerin agreed to the idea and hid behind a wall. The arena was big, there was slides, towers and the walls are kind of like a maze. The flags are both at the ends of the arena. Like what yuju said it was dark and you can only see the neon around the structures and the team colour on the vest. 

“3”

“2”

“1” 

Yuju, Umji and Taehyung split up in different directions while yerin camped at the corner. It was quiet for a few minutes and suddenly yerin heard a bunch of screams and sound effects of the laser gun. 

“Hahahaha whoever loses buys snacks!” Dahyun yelled at the top of the tower. Yerin has a perfect view of Dahyun and aimed at her, she pulled the trigger hitting Dahyun’s shoulder. Her vest flashed and a message appeared on her gun, You have been shot by Yerin.

“DAMN YOU YERIN!” Dahyun yelled and went back to her side. Yerin snickered and watched Dahyun go down the tower. 

It was silent for another few minutes when yerin saw a blue neon sneaking up to get their flag. She aimed at the person and shot Sinb’s torso, sinb stopped and saw who shot her. She looked around and didn’t see the girl anywhere. Meanwhile, yerin ducked as soon as the black demon stopped and looked around with a surprise face. 

The game was about to end when the timer showed five minutes on their vest and it was still 0-0. Everyone has one life left except for yerin, with still 3 lives. 

“Change of plans unnie, since you have 3 lives you would have to get the flag for us. I’ll stay here and defend.” Umji came running to yerin still panting. “Alright, be careful” yerin warned and ran off to blue’s side. 

As she was running, yerin came across Jin and Jihyo who was spamming the trigger, trying to get yerin who was behind a wall. All she could see was a bunch of lasers, yerin peeked for a second and saw where the two was, she stuck her gun out and fired blindly. Luck came to her side and got both of them, “awww dang it!” 

“Why is she so good at this?” 

Heh double kill for me. 

After checking her surroundings, yerin saw the opposing team flag. She didn’t see anyone and rushed to get the flag, before getting the hold of it, she was tackled to the ground by someone. 

“You think it would be that easy?” 

Yerin widened her eyes and saw sinb on top of her, “I still can’t believe what you did to me earlier.” 

“W-what do you mean?” 

“Umm you shot me and now... you’re getting punished” sinb grabbed yerin’s wrists and held it at her side, she leaned in and kissed the older girl. 

Yerin closed her eyes shut and waited for sinb to pull away, the black demon leaned back slightly. Finally she’s pulling away. But that’s  what yerin thought. “respond” sinb growled impatiently, she kissed yerin again but this time, yerin obeyed and kissed her back with the same intensity. 

Sinb bit yerin’s lip, causing her to open slightly, sinb took the chance and shove her tongue in. This caused sinb to loosen her grip on the older’s wrist. Unconsciously, yerin wrapped her arms around sinb’s neck and pulled her closer, while sinb straddles her  waist. 

“Mmmmn-“ yerin moaned out when she could feel sinb’s cold hands wander around her stomach. This action caused yerin to snap out of the make out session. She continued to kiss the younger girl and thought of a risky move. Yerin released one of her hands from sinb’s neck and grabbed her laser gun beside her. She pointed the gun just below sinb’s torso and pulled the trigger. 

Sinb pulled away and looked at her flashing vest. Game over.

“H-hah! T-that’s what you get for letting your guard down” yerin stuttered and covered her blushing face.

“Tsk. Whatever.” Sinb stood up acting like nothing happened. As she was walking away, her back turned to yerin, sinb smirked and took her vest off.

Yerin laid on the floor still thinking about what happened, get a hold of yourself yerin! She stood up and grabbed the flag sprinting to her side. 

——————————

“Thanks for the food!” Taehyung took a bite out of his ice cream sandwich and chewed it happily. “Thanks to yerin, we won!” Umji put her arm around yerin’s shoulder. “Yep, what a life saver” yuju groaned as she was eating her ice cream. 

“That’s not fair, I want rematch!” Dahyun sulked. 

“As much as we want to play more, we have curfew, it’s getting dark outside” 

As they were talking about the game, yerin pulled umji to the side to talk to her privately. 

UJ: what is it?

YR: it’s about yuju. She has a crush on sinb and I was wandering if you could help me set them up.

UJ: hmmmm.... I think I have an idea. 

YR: really? I knew I could count on you!

A few minutes later, Jin, Jihyo, and Taehyung went on their way home while the remaining waited for their cab. Umji went up to sinb and talked to her about her idea earlier. 

UJ: Yo! Would you mind taking yuju home? 

SB: what are you planning? 

UJ: nothing I just thought that you’re the strongest out of all of us and well... yuju doesn’t live in the dorms and it would be dangerous if she goes alone. 

SB: ....

UJ: well? 

SB: give me your credit card

UJ: what? Why? 

SB: *scoff* I’m not paying for the taxi. 

Umji took her credit card out and threw it at sinb “shove it up your ”. “An angel saying such harsh words?” Sinb laughed and caught the card, putting it in her pocket. “Shut up” umji said in annoyance.

One of the cabs arrived and decided that sinb and yuju should go first, “yuju hwaiting” yerin whispered, loud enough for yuju to hear. Yuju blushed and nodded at her best friend. 

“And there they go” umji smiled, watching the cab leave the laser tag place. Just in time, their cab arrived too and went back to the dorms. 

“Thanks for inviting us out Dahyun, we had a lot of fun” yerin thanked Dahyun before going to her room. 

“I had fun too, I still want rematch though”. Dahyun laughed and ran off to her room, leaving yerin and umji alone. 

UJ: Before you go. I want to talk to you about something. 

YR: sure what is it?

UJ: I’m not going to lie.. but.. I thought about what you said when we ditched phys.ed. About you never having a relationship...

YR: it’s ok. I’m not really looking for anyone-

UJ: but I thought of a way that could help both you and me. 

YR: what do you mean?

UJ: How about I pretend to be your girlfriend?

YR: Are you sure about this? I don’t want to force you and I’ll be a bother to you. 

UJ: Not at all. 

Umji walked in front of yerin and held her shoulder making them face each other, “press it. The start button.” Umji pointed at her lips, “ this will start our fake relationship. When you want to end it, you can press the reset button ok?”. Yerin stared at the girl in front of her deciding if this was a dream or not. She nodded agreeing to her idea. Umji closed her eyes waiting for yerin to start the ‘button’. Yerin lightly touched the younger’s lip. 

 

 

“It’s settled then, you’re my girlfriend now. Good night”. Umji kissed yerin’s cheek and walked to her room. 

 

This must be all a dream. 

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

A/N: 

Before you attack me about yerin being a cheater.. just a reminder that yerin doesn’t know her feelings towards sinb or umji yet. 

Also, I hope you guys don’t mind if I add a few idols from different groups, they’ll probably not appear as much though... and before I forget...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May the year 2018 bring success to Gfriend 🎊🎊 

Thank you for reading and see you at the next chapter. Guuud baii :D