Chapter Three

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene waited for Seulgi at the said meeting place.

Panting, as if she had run a mile, Seulgi reached the destination looking so flustered than the usual. Initially, she didn’t plan on meeting Irene today due to her never ending encounter with the bullies in her school. Everyday scenario that she wished she could control. She does actually but there was an underlying consequence as to why she couldn’t fight them back even if she wanted to.

The moment Seulgi lifted her head to meet the latter’s gaze, for a few splitting seconds, Irene balked at the small reddish discoloration staining the side of her lips. The raven knew that Seulgi had wounds from last night’s incident but she knew where it all lies.

Irene extended her hand to touch the fresh bruise resting on Seulgi’s side lips but she turned her face just as fast, making the latter drop her hand on her sides, limply.

Seulgi mumbled softly, “W-where are you taking me?” – to divert the girl’s attention away from her bruise. The uncomfortable feeling erupted in the pit of her stomach. Irene didn’t pry anymore and hesitantly forced a smile while she grabbed Seulgi’s hand instead.

When the girl didn’t resisted and let her hold her hand her smile grew wider. Suddenly, her mood was uplifted again. “I’ll bring you to a perfect place today, Seul.” Irene’s cheery voice had made Seulgi chuckle softly, her eyes traveled to their intertwined hands. If you’re not the one, why does my hand fit yours this way?

Seulgi doesn’t know why but their unexpected encounter last night made her hope. Thinking all the years she had spent nothing but agony, like the gods had forbidden her to feel happiness without the fear of being miserable in return.

 

What a ed up life she had, she thought.

 

 

Irene brought Seulgi at a familiar dog shelter. Seulgi used to visit the place before, several times in fact. It has been her dream to have a pet but then her parents was against the idea of it. Giving so many reasons that she couldn’t quite understand, not at least, such as, they don’t have a dog house when they could build one, they don’t have any extra money for the expenses needed by a dog when they could buy luxurious bags and clothes. She would have understood if only they were honest with her that they disliked any pet.

The place was filled different kind of breeds in their respective cages. Their presence excited some dogs as they barked at their arrival. A person in-charged approached the two girls, that was when Irene tugged Seulgi’s hand, waking her from her swarming thoughts.

“Irene, what are we doing here? Are you going to get a dog?” Seulgi leaned closer to the raven, enough for her to whisper into Irene’s ear. “Yes! And it will be for you!”

“Now you should pick one Seul!”

“W-what? I… I can’t. It’s not allowed.”

Irene, being the adamant one, shook her head as her face lit up at the sudden bright idea, brighter than the sun’s ray of light. “I can give it a shelter. Well, it because we still don’t know the gender of the dog you’re going to pick.”

The monolid girl nodded with shockwaves of gratitude filling her heart as she smiled at the other girl. Seulgi could never imagine that someone would go an extra mile for her just to thank her for an impulse move, keeping her from getting hit by a fast moving vehicle. Maybe in the past she could have been the happiest if surrounded by many likes of Irene but the God from up above provided her with utter catastrophes.

Not wanting to think anymore, she looked at the raven and said, “Okay.” In surrender as her instinct instructed her to trust again... to trust Irene.   

 

 

The two were walking at the empty street with their newly adopted Samoyed dog. Seulgi had picked the 6 month old puppy, adorning his body with shiny white fur while the eyes were in deep shades of blue. Seulgi nestled her face at the small, fluff ball in pure bliss. Awarded by the puppy’s pleased bark as he wagged his tail with his tongue stuck out.

“He must really like you Seul.” Irene chuckled as she watched Seulgi and the Samoyed pup with adoration. Maybe she made the right decision this time. Maybe she did right after taking a month leave from her work. Because if not, she wouldn't have met Seulgi.

It was getting out of hand. Running a company alone was too much… all too much for her. It was even harder to cope up with an environment she never wished to have in the first place. And no one gave her an option; heck her parents just dumped it all in front of her without second th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter