Chapter Four

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been an eventful two days for Seulgi after meeting the raven. She couldn’t figure out as to why she must meet such an amazing person at her most devastating days where she already decided to end her life. Thinking about the array intensity of her desire to kill herself from the night her eyes first laid eyes on the pretty lady, she realized that she thought less of dying. She’s quite looking forward to everyday now, if not, more fervent to wake up because then, she knew that she’ll get to spend another day with Irene Bae.

 

Today was a Friday afternoon, almost five, and Irene was standing outside Seulgi’s school while her back was leaning to the grayish-blue brick wall as she hums happily. A few minutes passed, series of chatter could be heard approaching, from then Irene knew that it was their dismissal time and it also meant that she’ll see her favorite monolid girl with her dorky laugh as her eyes formed into the shape of crescent moons. Irene couldn’t wait that she eagerly craned her neck to scan every students passing through the exit gates, without noticing some teenage girls and boys curiously looking at her, some were admiring and ogling at her undeniable beauty. Yet Irene was too preoccupied looking for the familiar girl to even perceived the situation.

 

 

Wendy was walking aimlessly towards the exit gates because she had to be somewhere and she was running a little late when she became aware of the familiar fair lady waiting outside their school, again. It’s been three days now and she began to wonder who the lady was waiting for every day.

 

“Whoever that student is… what a lucky one to be related to that beautiful creature.” She muttered under her breath. Until her phone buzzed while mentally cursing about her prior commitment, she’s gonna be oh so late that the pretty raven was long forgotten as she made a run.

 

 

A visible wide grin was plastered on her face as she saw Seulgi exiting the gates, then she saw the girl slightly limping that Irene’s happy being immediately vanished and replaced by a worried look. Without much thought, she walked straightly to Seulgi, surprising the other with a soft gasp escaping her lips.

 

“H-Hyun! Wh… what. ...you doing here?” All of a sudden, Seulgi couldn’t form a decent sentence. The smaller girl just looked at the blonde girl with a scrutinizing gaze, watching her closely from head to toe. Seulgi squirmed slightly the she silently prayed to ground to just swallow her up.

 

“I should be the one asking, what happened to you?”

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

“I’m not dumb Seulgi, I’m not blind either. So, you better tell me what’s happening to you looking like a total right now.” Irene’s voice was soft yet cold. And Seulgi couldn’t escape this one, could she?

 

A nervous laugh escaped her lips before clearing .

 

“I… ahm…” Seulgi let out a heavy sigh in surrender. “Just~ this is not the right place to talk about it. Let’s go somewhere.”

 

Irene wanted to protest but she realized that Seulgi is right. She trailed behind the taller girl quietly without uttering a single word. She somehow regretted letting her emotions affect her and she knew she has no right to demand to the girl but she couldn’t help but to be bothered about her. And she doesn’t know why.

 

 

They were now strolling at the nearby park with Gomdoli’s excited being because he was able to see a different place along with his owners. Just then, Seulgi had removed the leash, letting the puppy play along the spacious area while she and Irene decided to just flopped down at the grassy lawn.

 

Silence…

 

A few seconds, minutes passed and no one said a word. Seulgi was watching Gomdoli running around while the girl sitting beside her looked everywhere but her. Seulgi knew how awkward it was after the confrontation earlier but where should she start? She was using the remaining brain cells of hers today to work and think of how she should begin explaining things to Irene.

 

She was scared. So scared to reveal everything because then she has no idea on how Irene would accept everything, will she be able to spend time again with Irene after telling her story? She’s not really sure anymore but deep down her soul, there was a tiny hope flaring in her heart that she could trust the girl. Before the monolid girl could open her lips to say something, Irene beat her to it.

 

“Seul~ I’m sorry for acting rashly. I didn’t mean to frighten you. I don’t know what came to me but after seeing your… you covered with fresh bruise while limping. My heart aches.” Irene turned to face Seulgi’s side profile this time. Her dark brown orbs catching sight of the red scratch beside her eye near her temple. Irene pursed her lips. Whoever did this to her Seulgi? Made her blood boil. “I’m sorry for making you feel this way, Hyun I really am sorry.”

 

The Kang lady threw her head back to take a glimpse at the diamonds blinking up in the sky. She smiled at the calming hours of darkness sky as if it was smiling back at her as the first words about her past escaped her slightly opened lips.

 

“These scratches… bruises. I’m u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter