Chapter Eight

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene was sitting on her bed with her back pressed against the headboard, reminiscing about her almost kiss with the girl who was slowly changing her thoughts about her family business, who became the reason why she couldn’t sleep at night and yet excited to wake up the next day, who has the power to make knees weak, and who ironically made her throb faster than a speeding car that almost hit her.

Her hand flew to her chest, feeling the organ against her ribcage, pounding madly inside, just by the thoughts of Kang Seulgi.

Wondering the magical possibilities, how one person could make her feel all the emotions that she, admittedly, never felt before – love.

One word that conquers all.

She jolted at the abrupt quivering of the device, resting on the bedside table. But her senses were quite buffering because for a span of a month, she hadn’t used a phone that she grew accustomed without it. It was like she’s having a social detox the moment she had that one month hiatus from being the president of Baeju hotel.

Is Seulgi texting me?

Her face lit up at the thought. She reached for her phone and when she saw the name ‘KangSeul ©’ her lips quirked up, automatically.

 

Hyun, it’s me Seulgi. I know that you have an idea who I am, since I saved my number in your phone.

KangSeul

 

After reading Seulgi’s first message, she couldn’t help but roll her eyes before typing in a reply.

 

Seulgi? Who the hell is Seulgi? Could you please enlighten me?

BaeJoo

 

It took only less than a minute when the raven goddess received a reply which was beyond in raptures. It’s her first time to undergo this kind excitement brewing within her, since she never found it amusing to receive only nagging and orders from her parents and with her schedule for the week sent by her secretary.

Seeing Seulgi’s name on the screen of her phone brought her gladness.

 

Well, Kang Seulgi is the girl whom you tried to kiss earlier.

KangSeul

 

What?! Excuse me! You were the one who tried to kiss me!

BaeJoo

 

Irene jeered at how the younger girl tried to charge her of kissing her. Although, at the latter part, she acknowledged that she had the urgency to just throw her arms around the girl and press her lips against Seulgi’s.

Just how good it feels if their lips connect? Would it be like how they say, you’ll be seeing fireworks in display above your head? Or you’ll be witnessing stars revolving way up on your head? Or she’d sense her heart thumping erratically inside the cage of her body?

Irene shook her head to get rid of the thoughts away.

 

See? That wasn’t so hard. You know who I am. Why aren’t you sleeping yet?

KangSeul

 

Involuntarily, whipping her head across the wall clock, adorning her pastel pink colored wall.

Right. 11 o’clock and I’m still wide awake.

 

I couldn’t sleep. I don’t know. It’s someone’s fault. I’m ready to fall asleep until someone decided to drop a message to my inbox.

BaeJoo

 

Oh, no. Don’t be shy. I know that you’re, perhaps, thinking about me?

KangSeul

 

Irene’s jaw dropped at how highly this blonde girl thinks of herself.

 

Wow. Pretty confident about it Kang?

BaeJoo

 

Of course, I’m pretty much sure about it. Especially when you failed to wink at me the other day.

(。-_-。)

KangSeul

 

The pretty lady gasped at the memory of her failed attempt to charm the taller girl. Here she thought that Seulgi was clueless about it. And she really chose to spit that out now?

Oh God. Help me disappear, right now. As in right now!

 

You did not just say that.

(。ŏ_ŏ)

BaeJoo

 

Well, I just did. You don’t have to worry, coz in my eyes, you’re still the prettiest.

(╯✧∇✧)╯

KangSeul

 

Ghad, Seul. Stop it. You’re making me cringe.

BaeJoo

 

If I know, you’re having goosebumps out of giddiness. To the point you’re gonna pee in your~

KangSeul

 

Eww! What the hell?!

(ಥ_ಥ)

Hold on a sec.

BaeJoo

 

Why?

ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)

KangSeul

 

I’m gonna vomit, you fool!

BaeJoo

 

Time ticked. Five minutes… turned into ten, into twenty. And Irene found each passing minute to be agonizingly slow. She never received a single message from the girl. She wondered if the blonde fell asleep.

 

Did you fall asleep, Kang?

BaeJoo

 

Yet still no message from the said girl. She sulked in an instant as she placed the device back over the bedside table. She decided to just sleep, because she really needs it now or she’ll be late for tomorrow’s come back to her work duties.

However, at the buzzing sound of her phone, her eyes immediately, flung open, as she excitedly swiped her phone to verify if it’s from Seulgi.

 

Who is she kidding anyways? It’s only Seulgi who knows her number.

 

Sleep now, babe. You need to be early tomorrow. It’s your big day, remember? Stop thinking about me, so tired already from running in your mind all day. Good night, Hyun.

KangSeul

 

The older girl balked at the message. She didn’t know the girl is such a smooth talker. And at the second, her lips heaved upwards into a small grin that she couldn’t stop herself from smiling like a stupid lovesick girl.

The Kang called her babe, had an entry of her cheesy line, and the last would be her endearment nickname for her. No one could really blame the raven from falling, right?

And in that moment, she fell asleep with a smile on herself while clutching on the device, a bit closer against her chest as if her life depended on it.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter