Chapter Seven

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene woke up finding the other side of the bed, empty.

She began to worry if what happened yesterday was just her dream. But she was sure, though, that they both ended up sleeping around 2 a.m talking about random things.

Immediately, she bolted out from the bed to check if Seulgi was still in her penthouse. Or was she really there in the first place. Though she walked normally right after she stepped outside her room, deep inside, her heart was doing crazy pumps. At the sight of the blonde’s back in crouch position while playing with Gomdoli, she somehow calmed down.

At least, the happenings yesterday weren’t a dream at all.

“Why are you up early?” Irene mused as she approached the girl. Seulgi’s crescent moons shape of eyes appeared when she faced the raven. “Oh, Gomdoli is kinda hungry. And I saw you peacefully sleeping that I didn’t bother waking you up, so I fed him myself.”

“Well, are you hungry? I’ll whip something up for breakfast. What do you want?” She asked and went straight to the kitchen as the taller girl trailed behind her.

“You.” Seulgi’s short answer was in a soft whisper, however, it reached Irene’s ears crystal clear. The older female chewed her lower lip because the butterflies in her tummy were doing weird flips again.

It’s crazy how one word could make Irene felt like fainting at her spot.

It’s still early for such…heart stopping moment with you.

I’m going to die early at this rate.

“I…I’m going to the bathroom first.” She cleared and went a run for her room in a speed of light, setting a new record. She was never this fast in her life until Seulgi happened. She found herself doing a lot of this lately. She wondered if she’s still normal.

Seulgi laughed with a shake of her head, amused.

“Cute.”

 

 

One more day and Irene has to go back to her own reality. Her one month was almost up and she would like to spend this last day with Seulgi. Her fifth day with the blonde girl was like a roller coaster ride. It might be one of the shortest days that a person could really know a person, but for Bae Joohyun it was as if she had known the girl all her life to be in this comfortable temperament.

Since, Irene lost her phone and didn’t bother getting a new one, one way to have some alone time with herself, free from everyone’s pesky comments about her life, she had asked Seulgi to come with her at a cell shop.

It’s about time to reconnect with everyone, most especially with her parents.

They spent half an hour because the older girl was quite picky with the features of a phone. Seulgi was eyeing her weirdly because for her, phones were all the same. The significance of the device was to communicate with others easier, anyway.

After what it seemed to be forever, both females left the shop. Irene picked an Iphone X in the end.

“I don’t understand. We spent so much time inside that store and in the end you pick the device that caught your attention the first time.” Seulgi whined, sitting on the passenger’s side of Irene’s car.

“Don’t be such a child. It’s already done.”

“Okay, just give me your phone.”

Irene rolled her eyes, still focused on the road. “It’s in my bag.”

With that said, Seulgi yanked the black leather shoulder bag of the raven and took the device out. She keyed in her number and saved her name as, ‘KangSeul ©’. She smiled at her doing.

“What did you do, Kang?”

“I just saved my number, relax.” She shrugged. “So, when are you going back to work? Tomorrow?” She asked.

“Yes. And I feel like escaping that world, can you help me run away?” Irene glanced at her briefly before laying her eyes back on the road.

“Hyun, maybe it’s time you accept your fate. It’s not like your parents have another child to entrust the business to. They can only count on you, Joohyun. You’re the only heiress, unless you have a sibling or something.” Seulgi pointed out, her arms crossed. The raven, on the other hand, clutched on the steering wheel so tight.

“I’m an only child, Seul.”

“Exactly! Finally, we’re on the same page!”

“Seulgi, you know that it’s not the one I want. I want to be~”

She was immediately cut off. “A chef, I know. But come to think of it, who’ll handle these hotels other than you? It’s not that I’m taking your parents’ side, but…you’re just focus on your thinking about not wanting the responsibility that was forcefully shoved on you,”

“Have you ever tried to take it to consideration? To give everything a chance? Because in my honest opinion, you’re pushing the thoughts away even before trying.” Seulgi pondered as she was busy admiring the street view from the car’s window.

Silence filled the vehicle. No one uttered a word after Seulgi’s potent epiphany. She was like a bull’s eye being pierced by the monolid girl’s truthful arrowhead, right through the center.

Seulgi bit her lip, afraid that she spilled something in her thoughts that she shouldn’t. She mentally cursed herself for talking too much.

“I…Hyun, I…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to intrude.”

“Ohh no, no.” Irene shook her head and sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter