Chapter Nine

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Everything was all messed up.

Irene tossed and turned over the comfort of her bed, except that, right now, it’s nothing as close to comfort. Not now, when her Seulgi is hurting.

She was just frustrated with the situation that the younger girl couldn’t resolve. That or Seulgi just doesn’t want to do anything about it.

There’s just a big difference between couldn’t do anything and doesn’t want to do anything. And Irene wanted to argue with her brain for believing that somehow it’s the first argument, however, her heart fully knows that it’s the second one.

The raven would like to help Seulgi but as much as she had this strong desire to do so, without the blonde’s willing being, she couldn’t poke her nose in anymore.

“Stupid Seulgi! Stupid Kang!” She yelled through the pillow, with muffled voice.

 

 

Irene fell asleep after pouring her annoyance to her poor pillow but in just a while, she stirred from her sleep as she cleared . She felt imitating Sahara’s dessert drought. When she checked the watch sitting on her bedside table, it was screaming in red digits of 10:35 in the evening.

Her right palm flew to her forehead with a dismal sigh, it seemed like the time was dragging the night so slow.

She grabbed her phone before leaving the room.

 

 

The raven padded to the kitchen with blaring silence, barefoot. She took a swig of water, irrigating her dried throat. She was about to place the empty mug on the sink when she saw a figure standing across the kitchen that frightened the poor raven.

“Jesus! What the hell are you doing lurking around?!” Her hand was now dramatically rubbing the heel of her palm against her chest.

“I-I’m sorry. I… I didn’t mean to scare you.” Seulgi was mumbling, her head was hanging low, not sparing the older girl a single glance.

“Are you hungry? Why are you still awake?”

“I couldn’t sleep, Hyun. I’m so sorry for acting rude earlier.”

Seulgi was fiddling with her fingers that made Irene soften.

“Hyun…I don’t know what to do. I wanted this to stop. I wanted to end this pain so bad but I don’t know what I should do.” Seulgi shook her head, her tears began to stain her cheeks once again. And that sight crushed Irene’s heart. Seeing this frail girl in pain has been destroying her sanity because she wanted to get rid of the pain herself.

“Shh…I’m here Seulgi-ah. I’m here.” Irene pulled the girl into a tight, warm embrace, as she Seulgi’s back in circular motion. “It’s okay. Seul. I’m just right here for you but please,”

Irene pulled out and stared at the blonde girl, she wiped the tears away from Seulgi as soft as possible that made the girl shiver at the tender touch of Irene as if she was fragile glass that would break if not treated with care.

“…you have to stop them Seul. You wanted to protect your friend but it doesn’t mean that you should allow them to hurt you in its place. I’m not saying that you should stop caring for Seungwan, but letting them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter