[TW] YY: The Promise of Eternity

(G)I-DLE Crumbs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIGGER WARNING:

Mentions of religious topics and beliefs that may be different from your own. For those lacking a sense of humor, or having sensitive natures, and/or tendencies toward literalism, this statement is intended as satire. Please proceed at your own risk. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is an Angel and Demon AU, so I would be warning everyone to read the note first. I am not entirely knowledgeable about certain religious beliefs and may lack proficiency in the topic. The story is not intended to provide religious advice or matters related to religion and everything written here is PURELY fiction created in an alternate universe of my mind, therefore, not everything in this story is real. However, I apologize in advance if I have offended you or your belief. It is not, and it never was, my intention. Feel free to provide constructive criticism in the comments, or through my DMs. Thank you!

 

 

“Demons do not feel love. Theoretically, if they do, they’d love you for eternity.”

She heard Yuqi read out loud, a small smirk tugging the corner of her lips while her feet dangled at the roof as she watched the taller girl attentively in her demon form for about an hour now. She silently observed the area, occasionally tilting her head in amusement whenever Yuqi would furrow her brows in confusion, or slight bewilderment upon reading an unusual fact about demons. The girl had always been so entertaining to watch ever since Soyeon met her.

“Demons are the most loyal creatures, and they never falter with choosing whoever they swore an oath with.”

The book wasn’t exactly a lie, but it wasn’t accurate either. Whoever made the rule that demons can’t love someone must have been dumped painfully. A pity, but an equally satisfying thought. It was a demon’s guilty pleasure: to see someone suffer. It may be forbidden to love or choose an angel, or any other creature for that matter, as all demons swore to Satan himself, but it doesn’t mean it was impossible. Moreover, the book was putting demons on a pedestal. Soyeon smirked at the countless faces of a demon’s rage she witnessed over the centuries because of the so-called love.

“Love meant loyalty, and they’re supposed to only love Satan.”

Soyeon snickered. Satan just sounded like God at that statement. ‘For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14).’ Not that it wasn’t true, for both entities were jealous beings, but for different reasons, of course. She doesn’t really care about it since it was over centuries ago when she last attended a ‘preaching service’ to teach young demons. Elder demons just do whatever they want, not really bothered by any restrictions nor punishments, as long as they achieve their purpose, which was, to convince and turn humans into their real nature: love thyself before you love others, including God. Contrary to the belief of angels which is to love God first before one loves thyself, for God is love and all that bull Soyeon was so tired of hearing. Demons value the self first, while Angels value the others before themselves.

“… Fallen angels.”

Soyeon’s ears perked up with Yuqi’s mention of fallen angels, eyes fixed on the brunette in hopes of hearing something that may trigger a memory, anything. But all her ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter