MM: Only Fools Fall For You

(G)I-DLE Crumbs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Troye Sivan - Fools

 

Cho Miyeon: Korea’s Next IT Girl-- or rather, Korea’s IT GIRL.

 

“In the released photo, Miyeon caught the eye as she exudes a plump charm in the background of the school concept. In particular, the people who showed off the goddess’s beauty with various expressions and poses were admired.” Source: (Female) Idle Miyeon, boasting a shining beauty. The school looks perfectly digested.

 

“Miyeon is the main vocal of the (girls) children who debuted in 2019, and is showing off the charm of all kinds of beauty by challenging not only singers but also acting.“ source: 'M Countdown,’ (Female) Idle Miyeon x Nam Yunsu selected as a new MC..'Interest ↑'

 

“Finally, (G)I-DLE’s Miyeon came in third place after enjoying an impressive 96.20 percent increase in her brand reputation index, bringing her to a total score of 2,694,661 for February.” source: February Girl Group Member Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

 

 

Cue: Troye Sivan’s ‘Fools’ is now playing.

 

Glancing at her phone’s clock, Minnie rolled her eyes and grunts as she turned her head to check on Naver Now’s studio. Miyeon’s taking a long time.

 

A small sigh escaped Minnie’s lips before she raised the volume of her phone, closing her eyes while she relishes the particular song from her favorite artist. Recently, she had been only listening to Troye Sivan’s music, and more specifically, this specific song in his album. Usually, Minnie would only listen to him to get inspiration or when she was playing on working her keys and notes. It was apparent how Troye Sivan had slight hints of influence in her compositions.

 

However, for some reason, Minnie was getting addicted to this song. And she knew it didn’t have something to do with the playful arrangements she would typically analyze. This time, she was absolutely and wholly immersed in the lyrics.

 

‘Only fools fall for you, only fools.

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall.’

 

As Minnie waited for the Korean to wrap up her segment, her thoughts drifted to the several articles she read previously about the older girl. Miyeon was getting lots of offers after their comeback season. From her acting debut and her web drama’s success to being a DJ of Naver now, and recently, an MC of M Countdown, too.

 

With her exquisite beauty and endearing charms, it was no wonder how Miyeon could be Korea’s next IT girl, often breaking the internet even with her most absurd actions. If Minnie remembered correctly, the artist Miyeon suggested eventually trended on Melon just because she listened to it. It was clear how the public adores her a lot, and even the staff and idols had countlessly confessed their feelings towards the girl, too. Minnie could only scrunch up her nose upon recalling those. Funnily enough, she was with Miyeon every single time someone would profess their affection. She wondered if she’s doing a great job being Miyeon’s chaperon?

 

Minnie scoffed.

 

Ever since the issue arose with Soojin, Miyeon was the first to go out in public to do their job and carry the group’s name. She remembered how Miyeon was highly anxious and frightened by the public’s backlash--if there would be any. Hence, Minnie was thinking of easing up Miyeon’s tension or how she could help the girl even if Miyeon never asked for it. Yet...

 

It was only a joke--Miyeon said it was a joke--but Minnie took it seriously when the older woman asked for her company in her first Naver Now episode, where it was supposed to be the five of them appearing as guests.

 

How could Minnie ever refuse?

 

Not that she likes Miyeon a lot, or she was absolutely heartbroken every time Miyeon’s lip would quiver when she smiles, or Minnie feels the need to protect the Korean from the impurities and evilness of the world--- no, certainly not. Minnie was just a considerate and kind best friend.

 

Of course. Best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

“Minnie. Hey.”

 

Cue: Troye Sivan’s ‘Fools’ is paused.

 

Minnie suddenly woke up from her reverie upon hearing that faint call of her name, immediately pausing the song and turning to look at Miyeon, who was pouting cutely in front of her. And was dangerously close to her face, too!

 

Minne cleared . “Yeah?”

 

“I was calling you inside, but I guess you didn’t hear.” Miyeon’s eyes then pointed at the Thai’s ear pods.

 

“Oh, sorry. I was listening to Troye Sivan,” The same excuse Minnie tells Miyeon so the Korean wouldn’t sulk.

 

Knowing Minnie getting too engrossed whenever it was her favorite artist, Miyeon nodded. “Yeah, I figured. That’s why I’m here.”

 

“What do you need me for anyway? Pictures?” Minnie sighed, pulling her air pods off and tucking them safely in their storage. It has always been like that. Ever since Minnie habitually accompanied Miyeon in her Naver Now segments, the older girl would always ask for Minnie’s assistance to take their pictures at the end of the show. Not that Minnie complained anyway. But it was a risk considering no one knew how she sneaks out just for Miyeon.

 

Not even her fansites knew she was actually with Miyeon every episode, arriving early at the venue, dropping by the back door to enter the building and meeting Miyeon, then waiting at the studio’s lounge listening to Troye Sivan, or at times, to Miyeon’s radio show. However, the latter seems to stir up some feelings inside Minnie, so she chose to listen to music instead. Miyeon looked angelic, attractive, pleasing, delicate, and classy in Minnie’s eyes every time she watches her talk.

 

“No, actually,” Miyeon suddenly bit her lip in hesitation. “Neon Paprika wants to meet you.” She blushed.

 

That’s odd. The casts don’t usually know of Minnie’s presence, or Miyeon doesn’t usually allow it for safety purposes-- in case a staff leaks this information.

 

Minnie furrowed her brows in confusion, “Who asked? How did they know? And you’re okay with it?”

 

The sudden bombard of questions from Minnie made Miyeon shift in her seat. “Well, uhm, Hwiyoung.”

 

“Hwiyoung? That…” Arrogant, but handsome boy who’s been crushing on you? “…Jihoon guy?”

 

Miyeon blushed, “Yeah, it’s him.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter