Falling in Love by Cigarettes after

Love. Rewind. Play.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung couldn't sleep last night because of what she heard.

She decided to just go early today and finish other things she needed to pass. 

Her phone keeps on vibrating and she can see that it's Mina texting her but she chooses to ignore it. 

After she's done preparing and eating her breakfast, she left her apartment. 

She walked with music on so she can be relaxed, after a while she suddenly stop at her tracks. Her heart sank at the sight before her.

There, standing beside Mina's doorstep, was Jaehyun, already waiting to pick her up. Chaeyoung's feelings turned to disappointment as sshesaw the scene.She watched silently as Mina happily greeted Jaehyun, and riding on the back of his motorcycle. 

As they left together, Chaeyoung stood alone on the sidewalk, watching them drive away. She took a deep breath, trying to push away the disappointment she felt. Determined not to dwell on the situation, Chaeyoung decided to make the most of her day, even if it wasn't how she had originally planned.

---

Chae arrived at the theater arts room and continued her work.  She found solace in the familiar surroundings of the theater arts room, she tried to immerse herself in the activities to distract from the incident earlier. Lost in thought, she didn't notice Mina entering the room until she heard her voice calling out her name.

"Hi, Chae!"

Turning around, Chaeyoung saw Mina standing there with a warm smile on her face, clearly excited to see her. Instead of reciprocating the warmth, Chaeyoung simply offered a polite smile and turned her back to Mina, focusing on rearranging some props on the nearby table.

Confusion flickered in Mina's eyes as she couldn't understand why Chaeyoung was acting this way. She approached Chaeyoung, gently touching her arm to get her attention. "Chaeyoung, is everything okay? Did I do something to upset you?" Mina asked softly, concern evident in her voice.

Chaeyoung hesitated for a moment, feeling the weight of her emotions tugging at her heart. She turned to face Mina, her expression softening.

"I'm sorry, Mina. It's just been a tough day," she admitted, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "I know it's not your fault. I appreciate you trying to cheer me up."

Mina's confusion melted into understanding as she listened to Chaeyoung's words. She reached out and enveloped Chaeyoung in a comforting hug.

"I'm here for you, Chaeyoung. You don't have to face tough times alone," Mina reassured her, offering her support and friendship.

Chae felt nervous and happy at the same time but she couldn't relieve herself from her heartbreak a while ago. 

She just hugged back Mina and smiled and nodded at the latter. 

---

As the day progressed, Chaeyoung found herself unable to shake off the lingering discomfort from the morning's encounter. Despite Mina's attempts at reconciliation, Chaeyoung inadvertently continued to keep her distance, causing Mina to feel a deep sense of sadness and emptiness throughout the day.

 

The atmosphere between them remained strained, with Mina struggling to understand what had caused Chaeyoung's sudden change in behavior. Sensing the growing rift between them, Mina decided to reach out to Chaeyoung that night, hoping to clear the air and mend their friendship.

Sending a gentle text, Mina expressed her concern, asking Chaeyoung if everything was truly alright. Chaeyoung, not wanting to burden Mina with her inner turmoil, replied with a simple reassurance that she was okay but tired, planning to head to bed early that night.

Hoping to reconnect with Chaeyoung, Mina suggested that they walk to campus together the next day. However, to Mina's disappointment, Chaeyoung's response revealed that she had prior commitments early in the day, making it impossible for them to walk together.

​​​"sorry ,can't do it tomorrow, going to be busy"

 

Mina's heart sank as she read Chaeyoung's message. The realization that Chaeyoung was intentionally pushing her away left Mina feeling deeply saddened and confused. She couldn't understand what had caused this sudden distance between them, and the thought of their fractured friendship pained her.

Alone in her room, Mina couldn't shake off the heaviness in her heart as she wondered how to mend the growing divide between her and Chaeyoung. The echoes of their once vibrant friendship lingered in the silence of the night, leaving Mina longing for the days when their bond had been unbreakable.

--

The next day, as Mina searched for Chaeyoung, a sense of foreboding weighed heavily on her heart. Unable to locate her friend, she sought out Dahyun and Tzuyu, hoping they could shed some light on Chaeyoung’s whereabouts.

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu exchanged knowing glances as Mina inquired about Chaeyoung. With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter