You broke me first by Tate McRae

Love. Rewind. Play.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung lay in her bed, tears staining her cheeks as she replayed the scene from last night in her mind. She had seen Mina with another guy, laughing and smiling in a way that made Chaeyoung's heart ache. She couldn't believe what she had witnessed – the girl she had been in love with for so long, seemingly happy with someone else right in front of her eyes. As the night wore on, Chaeyoung's sobs filled the room, the weight of her emotions making her physically sick. She tossed and turned, unable to find any comfort in her thoughts. She couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal, wondering if Mina had been cheating on her all along. But then, a bitter realization hit her – Mina had never been hers to begin with. Eventually, exhaustion overtook her, and she fell into a fitful sleep.

 

When she awoke the next morning, she felt drained and empty, too weak to even get out of bed. She reached for her phone, half-hoping to see a message from Mina apologizing for what she had seen. But there was nothing. "Why should I wait for your text? You didn't even see me there?" She said to herself while looking at her phone.

 

 

Mina, on the other hand, woke up with a smile on her face, oblivious to the turmoil brewing in Chaeyoung's heart. She grabbed her phone, excited to send a good morning text to the girl she cared so deeply for.

 

"Morning Chae! How was your sleep? Hope to see you later, I miss you"

 

But as the minutes passed with no response, confusion clouded her thoughts. Why wasn't Chaeyoung replying? Did she do something wrong? Despite the nagging feeling of unease, Mina pushed herself to get ready for class. She couldn't shake the sense of worry that had settled in her stomach, the fear of losing the one person who had come to mean so much to her. As she dressed, she kept glancing at her phone, willing it to light up with a message from Chaeyoung, but it remained stubbornly silent.

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung was just eating ice cream on her couch, letting the pain in her chest subside with the coldness of it. She saw Mina's text but she decided not to reply after her long hesistation. She thought Mina needs to explain. She needs an explanation. She put her phone on mute and decided to watch some movies alone. 

 

After couple of movies, Chaeyoung's eyes are now puffed up after crying alot. She just watched a bunch of sad movies like Marley and me, Five feet apart, Up, Inside out and many other sad ones. "That's a good way to ease the pain" she said to herself. She stood up from her couch to put away the ice cream, she opened her cupboard and she saw the mug Mina made for her when they went to a date in a pottery class. She grabs it and stared on it, she didn't notice that tears was flowing again in her eyes. She sighed, wiping the tears away. She loved Mina but she didn't know what to do right now. She rushed towards the couch and immediately wrapped herself with the blanket she had a while ago and then she cried again.

 

---

 

As the day dragged on, on the other hand, Mina's anxiety only grew. She couldn't focus on her classes, her mind consumed with thoughts of Chaeyoung.

 

"Okay, congrats on your performance yesterday, we received a very positive comments. Mina, you did very well. Can you please visit me to my office later after class?" Mina's professor told everyone and asked her. Mina just nodded. "Okay then, just a reminder the report about the performance with your partner will be due tomorrow." 

 

After her professor walks out, Mina took out her phone and looked if Chaeyoung texted her. Her excitement drops when she received nothing from the latter. 

 

"Hey Mina, have time later to finish the report?" Jaehyun suddenly pops in front of her. Mina got suprised but she immediately smiled and nodded. The boy notices that Mina keeps on looking at her phone, "Waiting for a special someone?" Mina looked at him and nodded, "It's been hours since she didn't text me" she pouts, "Well maybe she's busy or something? Why act like you are her girlfriend already?" Jaehyun suggested. Mina stopped looking at her phone, she thought that the boy was stating something right, her and Chaeyoung are not yet official and yet she acts like she needs constant update on the cub's life. She sighed, "Well, I just miss her" she said to the boy. Jaehyun sighed too, "Well, you choose her than me so its your fault" the boy teased. Mina just rolled her eyes. "Just kidding, I already have Eunha, in fact, I got her number yesterday!" The boy happily said to the girl. Mina just smiled happy for the boy finally moving on from her (fast). "Let's meet at the cafè where we went yesterday to talk more about our report" Jaehyun said before leaving. Mina nodded and waved bye to him. 

 

---

 

Mina was now in her dean's office, waiting for him. She still keeps on looking at her phone waiting for Chaeyoung. While on the way, she texted the cub if she's feeling okay and how was she but still no response from the latter. 

 

"Mina, how you doin?" Her dean asked her

Mina smiled and said that she's fine. Her professor compkiments her performance again. He said that many was amazed by her gracefulness and her talent. Mina smiled and thanks him. 

"So, while you are all performing, this person asked me to give this to you" her professor hands her out an application sheet. Mina took it and read it "New York University application form."

 

"Yup, a member of their school board saw you and wants you to enroll in their Teaching Dance in the Professions - ABT Pedagogy program. Its like Master's on dancing specializing ballet"

 

Mina was shocked. She was happy to received this news. Its her dream to perform and direct a musical in the future. "Wow! Thank you sir" she happily said

 

Her dean smiled also, telling how proud he is. "They said you should think about that. You have 6 month before submitting it" her dean said "congrats Mina" 

 

Mina stood up and bowed to her dean "thank you again sir!" 

 

She happily exited the door. She immediately called her parents about it and they are both really proud for her. 

 

She was about to text Chaeyoung but she decided to just go to the latter's apartment to personally tell her about it.

 

----

 

Chaeyoung was now fresh, she decided to soak a while ago in her tub and relax, enjoying her moment for now. She changed to her fluffy tiger onesie and decided flopped down on her couch and play video games on her phone. 

 

Dahyun texted her a while ago asking where she is but she responded only with an emoji of a heartbroken and a hou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter