XVII.

The Greatest Fan of My Heart

--- JAEJOONG'S POV ---


IT WAS ALREADY PAST TWELVE IN THE AFTERNOON WHEN JUNSU FINALLY CAME. He looked so restless. His face was blank so I didn't know what was running on his mind. It was a good thing that our scheduled interview would be done later at night. We still have so much time to talk. I told him we should eat first before we start to talk and he agreed. While we were eating, I was quietly observing him, wanting to see any reaction on his face. But he still looked poker-faced. The other members also felt the tension between us but they didn't say anything.

 

 

After we had finished our lunch, Yunho, Changmin, and Yoochun told us that they'll be going to the park to play badminton. We knew that they were just giving us privacy so we can solve the issue and go back to normal. Before leaving, Yunho tapped my shoulder with sympathy and then left.

 

"So... Junsu-yah..." I started. I didn't know what to say so I just sat on the sofa and sighed.

 

I saw him sat on the seat opposite to mine and heard him sighed deeply and looked at me. "You really love Miyeon, don't you?"

 

"Junsu..."

 

"Actually hyung, I-I don't know what to say. I'm also confused. Should I tell you frankly what's on my mind?" He said in a difficult tone. I felt so low at myself I couldn't bear to look at him straight in the eyes. It took me a few minutes before I finally responded.

 

"Yes, please do tell me what's on your mind."

 

I saw him brushed his hair with his hand before he clasped his hands together and started to talk.

 

"What ever did happen to our deal, hyung? Haven't you told me you'll make sure Miyeon's feelings for you would vanish and she'll fall in love with me?"

 

I know that question will surely come but for a while I cannot find the right words to say. I didn't know how to start explaining on how things had turned out. I didn't know how to say that I've failed and I fell for the woman he loves.

 

We heard a loud noise coming from the outside. It seemed like an object was dropped. But we just ignored it and continued to talk.

 

"Junsu-yah... W-was it pretty obvious already? I'm so sorry... T-that wasn't intentional. It just happened that... That I fell for her, for real. I didn't have the power to control myself from loving her. You're right, she's very lovable and you could easily fall for her..." I started. When I looked at his face, I saw different emotions passing in his eyes: betrayal, sympathy, anger, understanding, and regret.

 

"Hyung... But you do know that a deal is a deal right? When I asked you to help me win Miyeon's heart, I thought it would be advantageous on my part... Do you know why I thought that way?" He then looked at me in the eyes. Seeing him in pain because of me felt like my heart was being torn into pieces. I never really liked it when people are hurting because of me.

 

"W-why?" I asked.

 

"Because back then when you and Miyeon still do not talk with each other, though it was pretty obvious that she likes you, you didn't do anything. Like flirt with her or something. So I assumed back then that she wasn't your type and it is very impossible for you to fall for her..."

 

'No, you're wrong. The first time I saw her, she already made a spot on my heart and my mind, but I just ignored it...' I wanted to tell him. But I couldn't voice it out. It'll just make the situation worse.

 

"Junsu, I want you to know t-that when I accepted your wish, I really wanted to help you..."

 

"I know, hyung. I felt it. It was all my fault. If I didn't ask you to help me, only if I was brave enough, this wouldn't happen. I'm sorry, hyung..."

 

Huh? Wait! I should be the one apologizing, right? Why were the roles seemed to change?

 

He seemed to have read my mind so he started to explain. "While I was taking a walk to sort things out a while ago, I realized that this all happened because of me, because of me being so desperate. I even included you to this silly situation. I felt so sorry to Miyeon because it seemed like I was manipulating her feelings..." He said in a very low voice.

 

"Junsu-yah, it wasn't your fault. You're just in love, that's already understandable. I should be the one to be blamed because I didn't fulfill my promise. I betrayed you. Please accept my apology." I said and stood up to kneel in front of him. I feel so bad.

 

"Hyung! What are you doing? You don't have to do that..." Junsu said as he helped me stood up.

 

"Y-you know Junsu, I-I can leave Miyeon for you. You know how much I owe you, right? I---"

 

My words were cut off when Junsu suddenly raised his hand, motioning at me to stop talking.

 

"You don't owe me anything, okay? When I helped you back then, I already knew the consequences. I already knew that I might be in danger. But I still continued helping you because ever since our first year in high school, I really wanted to become your friend. But you're so aloof, so I grabbed the opportunity. But if you're going to ask me why I used that "debt" when I asked a favor from you, it's because I knew you would never refuse me if I do that. I'm sorry, hyung, for causing this trouble..." He said, his eyes becoming teary. Oh, he's still a crybaby up until now. It's still so easy for him to cry. I would surely laugh at him only if the situation wasn't like this.

 

"Junsu-yah, thank you so much. If only you're another person, I would surely be beaten up at this moment. B-but, I'm serious when I told you I-I can leave Miyeon for you... I cannot be happy knowing there's someone who's hurting because of me..."

 

"Yah! You already have the chance to love her, why still be so hard-headed? I already gave her up for you, so why do you still insist? She's happy with you, and you're happy with her. It would be unfair if she ends up with me knowing it is really you whom she loves..." I was about to thank him for what he did when he suddenly, I felt a hard hitting on my jaw.

 

He punched me!

 

"Yah, what's that for?" I felt like my head was thrown away because I wasn't prepared for the punch. I was lying on the floor and was a bit dizzy. Man, that was one hell of a punch!

 

"That was to make me feel better. At least, that would ease my humiliation for you. Ha-ha, stand up hyung. Don't tell me you already forgot that you were once a gangster?" He said with mischief in his eyes. Finally, we're back to normal again!

 

Instead of buying his teasing and punch him back, I just stood up and hugged him. "Junsu-yah, thank you so much... You're really a friend. I'm so lucky to have you. Thank you so much, for everything. For being so understanding, for always helping me..." I said in between holding back my sobs and talking. I felt him shook his shoulders. He's laughing.

 

"Aigoo... You're always welcome. Just promise me one thing: make Miyeon    happy for me. Never hurt her, or dump her because I swear, once I find an opportunity, I'll surely grab her away from you!"

 

"Yes, I promise, with all my heart!" I said and let go of him. We looked at each other and started to laugh because we looked like a fool. We decided to take a siesta to prepare for the interview tonight and for the 2-hour practice for our upcoming concert next week. Yes, a concert. It's really exciting!



 

At my bedroom I was still thinking about how great a friend Junsu is. Whoa... I never thought it would end up this way. Junsu is really unpredictable, in a good, good way of course. I don't know how to pay him back anymore. He had done so much for me, even sacrificing his love for me. He's really one of a kind. He could've get Miyeon away from me because I said I'm already giving her up for him, but he didn't accept because he truly value our friendship. Not that I don't value it, but still, he had done a very big sacrifice.

 

It's really true, that when you love someone, you shouldn't be selfish. That's what I've learned from Junsu. He let go of his love because he wants the girl he loves to be truly happy.

 

"Junsu-yah... One day I'll really pay you for everything. I won't hesitate to help you with all that I can. I really owe you a lot. And as for my promise to never hurt Miyeon, I'll definitely fulfill that. I'm never going to hurt her. But... There's one thing I can't promise: I can't promise she'll never cry. Why? Because I cannot stop her when she cries because of joy right? Tears of joy!" I said happily to myself. I was really happy I couldn't control myself from smiling so wide. After a few minutes I finally had the chance to fell asleep, not knowing that a problem would arise as soon as I wake up...