VII.

The Greatest Fan of My Heart

--JAEJOONG'S POV--

 

As Miyeon and Junsu walked away, I sat on the bench and sighed many times. I'm annoyed at myself. Annoyed at Junsu. Annoyed about the stupid payment he asked me to do. And most especially, annoyed at my idea. I should have planned on a better one, one that would not hurt anybody, especially Miyeon . I hate myself for hurting her. I've said too much, but I didn't mean all of them. It's just that I really don't want to fail Junsu. I owe him my life.

 

While saying those hurtful words to her, I also felt hurt. it's like, whatever Miyeon feels, I feel it too. I admit i admire her, but I don't think that's enough to make me feel that way.

 

NO! I should not like her. She belongs to Junsu, and I were just helping them be together. And from the looks of it, I knew that was possible, especially now that I'm acting like a jerk.

 

Let's put it this way; she's the girl I am forbidden to fall in love with.

 

But why does my guilt means so much to me? At the dinner party, honestly, all the sweetness I had shown her were real. It's like it's just so natural for me to act like that in front of her. No pretensions, just natural.

 

Heck, what should I do? Well, maybe I should really be careful form now on. I should act like a lesser jerk from now on to avoid hurting her so much.

 

Yeah, that's it.



 

AT OUR APARTMENT, only 3 embers were there, so it means that Junsu has not been back yet. I decided to cook for an early lunch when Junsu entered the kitchen happily.

 

"Hey, hyung! Your acting skills are great! Now I think Miyeon 's feelings for you decreases." He happily told me. But still, it did not lessen the burden I have been feeling. "She said she was very hurt by your words so I guess what you did was effective. Hyung, did you know I wasn't prepared with what you did?"

 

I looked at him with disbelief. How could he be happy at someone's misery, especially Miyeon 's misery?

 

"Yah, and you're still happy about it? She's hurting, man." I said. He just smiled widely and answered. "It's okay, I already comforted her. And if her hurting means a chance she'll love me, why would I not be happy?" He said.

 

Man, he's so selfish. He's very desperate too. Very desperate. Wanting to hurt someone for the sake of his happiness? Whoa, I think that's too scary...

 

Instead of showing him of how annoyed I was with him, I just told him to leave and I continued to cook.

 

The picture of him and Miyeon being a couple popped out in my mind. I felt weird because for a second I thought I felt sad about it. I immediately erased that idea on my mind.



 

--MIYEON'S POV--

Junsu left after a few hours of spending his time comforting me. It was a good thing to know that he's here by my side when I needed him. It feels good to know that even though I am just working for him, he does not make me feel uncomfortable with him. Unlike when I'm with Jaejoong, I always feel that I am not enough for him because he's a star and I am just a nobody.

 

After the rejection I felt towards him, my memories with my mother came back to me, haunting me. I could not help but wonder if she's okay because since that incident, I immediately packed my things up and left her. I never contacted her because I know she'll be very glad if I don't. I love her and no matter what, she's still my mother and a part of me would always love her.

 

Jaejoong brought up the thing that I was really scared the most, which was being rejected. Although he said he likes me, that doesn't give me an assurance that he'll always like me. I still doubt about it. The way he treats me, the way he talks to me...

 

It's useless. It's useless to believe he really likes me when he's acting like a total jerk when he's with me.

 

Should I give up on him?

 

"Miyeon -ah, always remember, work hard for the things you aim to have. Never give up, just keep on trying and do your best to achieve your goal. I'm always here for you..."

 

That voice came out of my mind and I felt like crying. that was my father 5 years ago before he died. Unlike with my mom, I was very close to him that when he died, I thought of following him. But then i stayed strong because I don't want to disappoint him. He raised me well, and I want to prove that to everyone.

 

I think of things carefully. I realized I should not give up on Jaejoong.. I don't want to let the opportunity pass. I can change him, and that's my goal. With that, i regained my almost lost confidence and started to think about how would I approach him the next time we meet.