VI.

The Greatest Fan of My Heart

 

WHAT JAEJOONG WAS SAYING DIDN'T SINK IN MY MIND because I was busy looking at him like he was a specimen under a microscope. I just came back to my senses when Junsu held my hand.

 

"N-nothing, we're just playing around..." I answered honestly. I don't know what was running on his mind but I know that whatever it is, it's not good. 

 

"Playing around, huh? At this early time of the day? Miyeon-ah, stop fooling me around. I'm not dumb. You're flirting with Junsu." He said. His mood seems to get worse when he saw Junsu and I's hands being clasped together.

 

I felt hurt by his very tactless remarks but I didn't mind it. All I know is that I want to fix everything that was happening between us. I won't say that I would always tolerate his foul moods but this time, there was a feeling inside me that was telling me it was my fault why he was angry.

 

"Hey, hyung, that's a foul on Miyeon's part. She's not doing anything wrong and she's not flirting with me. What's wrong with you?" Junsu answered on my part. I felt his hand tighten on mine, like he was telling me it's okay and he can handle it.

 

"What's wrong with me? How about you, what's wrong with you? Why are you holding her hand?" Jaejoong asked Junsu angrily. Like he was really jealous.

 

I could not really stand it anymore, seeing them fight because of me so I decided I should speak up for myself. "Jaejoong-ah, stop it. We're not doing anything bad. We're really just playing around. Please, don't get mad."

 

I felt that anytime, my tears would just fall so I looked up above to stop it from falling. When I looked at Jaejoong, I saw there's a confusion on his face, like he wasn't happy doing this.

 

"Y-you, why are you doing this? I thought we already had an understanding? Then why are you still flirting with Junsu?"

 

Gone was the sweet Jaejoong I've known at this moment. The Jaejoong standing in front of me was a cold, heartless, young man.

 

Do I really know him? Is he really the Jaejoong that I have known?

 

"Miyeon-ah, let's go. There's no use talking to a person who does not want to listen. We're just wasting our time. Let him think what he wants to think." Junsu said as he pulled me and led me back to my apartment. I looked at Jaejoong one last time and I saw him there, looking at me. His eyes were like telling me he didn't intend to do what he had done. But he turned away so I thought I was just imagining it.

 

"Junsu-yah..." I wanted to apologize to him, for being the reason why he and Jaejoong had a misunderstanding. I felt so ashamed. Is this the consequence of loving a person who was so much different from you? Is this the consequence of wanting a person to love you back?

 

"What is it, Miyeon-ah?" He answered, his voice was very soft that I wanted to cry. We stopped to walk for a while and he looked at me.

 

"Don't use that tone with me. I don't deserve it. I'm so sorry. You should be mad at me for ruining your good relationship with Jaejoong. I don't deserve your kindness..." I said as tears were going down my face.

 

"Hey, stop saying that. You did not do anything wrong. It's hyung's loss that he chose not to believe in you." He wiped my tears away using his hands. I hugged him to let him know about my gratitude towards him.

 

"I know... It just hurts me so much that he thinks of me as a flirt. He did mention so many times that I'm flirting with you and it tore my heart into pieces that I feels like I wanted to just vanish. It hurts, Junsu-yah... Because the one that should understand me the most... Is the one that is really criticizing me the most. It hurts, Junsu-yah... it really is..."