Lip Sync Battle 3

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The D-Day comes and the sisters’ friends are arriving at the Lip Sync Battle’s venue. Some press people are curious of the sudden influx of celebrities in the area and decide to check out the place. Before they get to catch wind of what is about to take place, they are shut down by the celebrities’ managers and bodyguards.

 

The sisters are backstage, anxiously preparing for their upcoming showdown. Sooyeon finishes first and hastily trots close to the curtains to take a peek of the forming crowd.

 

“So, how’s the crowd going?” Soojung’s voice almost makes her flinch in surprise. She turns to find Soojung in her usual chic getup of jeans and white shirt, almost a similar outfit to hers.

 

“They’re gathering all right. You look fine, sister.” A smile creeps on Sooyeon’s face upon finding similarities with her own stage getup. They are looking like twins with the same simple makeup and outfits for the intro to the mini-show they prepared.

 

Soojung eyes her up and down and the younger Jung grins. “We’re twinsies!” Soojung bursts out and laughs. Sooyeon follows suit and hugs her sibling.

 

A light chuckle disturbs their moment; both sisters pull away to see Hara leaning against the wall. “Nice to see you two being all lovey-dovey despite all these grand preparations.”

 

“Hi, Hara.” Sooyeon greets, her grin widens. Hara approaches the siblings and engulfs them in a hug before pulling away. “Remember, no dirty tricks, you two. As much as Soojung typically blackmailed me into doing this, I willingly took up this job because I love you two idiots.” Hara receives a knuckle to her forehead.

 

“Yah, unnie. I didn’t really blackmail you into doing this,” Soojung quips, “I initially planned for Jiyoung to do this alone, but she had been nervous about it and Suzy was busy so you’re the only other option left that’s compatible with Jiyoung.”

 

Sooyeon and Hara both roll their eyes at Soojung’s weird reason. Sooyeon playfully plops her hand over her sister’s crown, ruffling Soojung’s hair. “You and your skewed way of thinking. Anyway, the damage has been done so I’m just thankful that Hara gets to host this.” Sooyeon turns to Hara, “Thank you for your time and effort. We wouldn’t be able to do this silly thing without you.”

 

Hara chuckles and shakes her head, “Nah. I’m fine with all this. I’m just curious though. What made you two decide on this competition?”

 

“Well, this was all Soojung’s crazy idea. We watched a Lip Sync Battle episode re-run a few days ago and the Hough siblings were in it. The show was funny and weird at the same time and it sparked Soojung’s ever creative mind to come up with this dumb idea. I had no choice but to concede or else I won’t hear the end of it.” Sooyeon explains.

 

Hara laughs in disbelief, “Oh my gosh, you two are so silly! But hey, we all loved to have some fun even for just a little bit. You two really gave your friends a nice escape from their hectic lives and from the limelight. I guess, it’s us who should thank you both.” The siblings smile at her before they turn their sights past the stage curtains; to the people in the audience.

 

“I think you kids should meet with your friends…” Hara suggests. The sisters turn to her, unsure. “You still have like, ten or so minutes. At least greet them?” The siblings grin at her before they dash out to the side of the stage and into the crowd. Familiar faces welcome them as they approach.

 

“Sooyeon! Soojung!” voices chorus as they land their attention on the sisters.

 

The siblings grin at them and proceed to join their respective cliques. Sooyeon hugs her Minyoung-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter