Dear My Family

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Notes: This is a throwback to the drabbles I wrote back in 2012. To those lurking in SSF, You're probably familiar with these. To those who haven't encountered these yet, try to guess who wrote the letter before you finish reading each part. :3 It's nine letters addressed to the family. Enjoy!

 

Dear my family, 

I’m sorry for always being away. I really apologize for not helping you move into the new home I bought for you. I know you understand, but I still feel sorry for not being there most of the time. I really miss mom, dad, oppa, and dongsaeng. I can’t wait to go on another vacation with you!

In the meantime, I’m working hard with my sisters. We’ve been busier lately. We’ve been going to a lot of places, places that I wish you could visit with me as well. We’ll find the time for that. :3

If you’re wondering how I’ve been doing, I’m fine. 

Kook Kooki has been scolding me to take care of my health a lot and Fany is being her manager self, telling me to eat well and drink lots of water. When Soo is home, she always forces me to take my vitamins and daily dose of iron supplements. Well, she never fails to remind me every day because she always left a reminder in our chat forum, specifically telling me and Jessica to take our vitamins. Yoona often visits us on set to see how we’re doing. She’s like my personal stalker that it sometimes scares me. kekeke. Yuri always drags me along to the gym whenever she’s free, so I do get some exercise. Hyo and Soonkyu always bring us lots of seafood and some sweet treats from the IY set too. Oh and Sica brought all of us a lot of clothes she horded from her vacation in New York, not to mention chocolates as well.( I’ll send some over along with this letter.) Sica and I even have a lot of clothes that match up. It seems that her fashion sense has rubbed off on me. Keke. 

It’s really funny how we grow closer despite our relatively hectic schedules. I guess separation does strengthen our bonds as nine. So, enough about me, how’s everyone? 

I’ll be waiting for your reply! I love you!

~Dukong

 

++++

 

Dear my family, 

How are you? I know you don’t miss me that much. I always call you before every departure and arrival from the airport so, it makes sense. Everyone’s been busy lately, well, save for me and my roommate… >_< 

Soo and I tend to get bored of each other especially when our schedules end ahead of time. She often goes out shopping while I’m left lazing in bed, waiting for any of the members to come home. (Yes, that explains why I’m always there during the day. Kekeke. Forgive me for making you cook a lot, umma.) 

Oh, I bought a new flat for me and Soojung so that we won’t be disturbing you in the wee hours of the morning. :) It’s closer to the company so it’s more convenient for Soojung and me. 

Sometimes, the other girls also stop by our flat to rest. TaeTiSeo are my most frequent visitors. Kekeke. Somehow, TTS tend to prefer my dongsaeng over me. T_T 

Kook Kooki and Tiff always bugged her to go shopping while Taengoo had almost succeeded in dragging her to the noraebang. Sooyoungie usually lounges there and Hyo often plays pranks with Soojung whenever both are around. (They’re really troublesome!) Soonkyu comes over and plays Diablo 3 with Soojung. (I don’t know how to play that game. It’s hard!) T_T Don’t blame me, appa. Soojung was influenced by Amber and Sulli to play that game! Yuri stops by and rests there when she can and Yoong comes in and begs me for food. That kid along with my roommate always manages to gobble up my food supply! >_<

Umma, appa… when are you visiting my flat? I miss you already although we just talked on the phone awhile ago… Love ya and Soojung! 

~Minion 
 

 

++++

 

 

Dear my family, 


I haven’t seen you for so long. I miss you, so much especially umma and appa. I had fun spending time with my sister in the States. We went shopping, ate dinner at her favorite restaurants, and we often ran into Sooyeon who stayed back with me. We always saw her and her younger sister, Soojung, shopping at the mall. I even caught her buying gifts for her members. I was touched by her kind thoughts. Hehe. Oh, and not to mention, Sooyeon recently bought herself and Soojung a flat nearby. I usually spend my free time there especially when there’s no one over at the dorm. Sica has a nice gaming console which she rarely uses…kekeke. So, I get to play there most of the time not that she minds.^^

Now, I’m back in the dorm. I often went with Hyoyeon during our filming in Invincible Youth and I got closer to her through the filming. She often brightens my mood and I like how she cheers me up whenever we’re both away from the rest of the girls and from family. She watched my musical and I visited her during her performance in Dancing with the Stars along with Yoong. 

My roommate these days is quite busy with her own schedules, but we always made time to talk to one another either through chat or video messages. I can barely find the time when we’re both around in the room at the same time, but I’m happy that TaeTae always finds time to fit all nine of us in her day despite her schedules. She always fills our chat room with reminders and questions that ask us if we’re fine and if we’ve all eaten our meals. Tehee.

I usually hang out with Fany these days. We often spend our free time in cafes and restaurants. Sometimes, I drive her around to places where she loves to shop. Her scary hobby of shopping is getting into me! >_< But I get to enjoy spending time with her. We’re both pretty much alike in many ways. We’re both good at drinking and we usually enjoy a sip of wine at the dorm whenever we’re alone. 

I rarely get to see Yoong and Yul these days. They’ve been busy with their dramas, Fashion King and Love Rain. Do you get to watch those? Our two actresses are really great! I’m proud of them!^^ I find it fun to see them always arguing about their roles in the drama back at the dorm. They even made a bet on whose kiss was hotter! Kekeke. Such dorks and I love them. We often get confused on which drama to watch every 10 in the evening. Sometimes, we just download the episodes online. Maknae Yoong has really improved with her acting and Kwon Yul has turned out to be a good actress for a newbie. Keke. 

Sooyoung had just gotten her driver’s license. Thank God! I had a hard time instructing her before. We almost hit the gutter when she first tried out driving around the neighborhood. I was the one who accompanied her to get her driver’s license. Oh, and did I tell you that she’s learning how to cook now? Her pastas and cupcakes are great! She’s not supposed to be deemed a Shikshin, but Chef Choi now. Kekeke. 

Seororo is still the unique maknae of Girls’ Generation. I was surprised when she won first place in a quiz show without any flaws. Sometimes, she makes her unnies ask themselves, “Is she really our maknae?” I even thought she was the unnie to all of us at one point.>_< 
Well, that’s about everything I had wanted to tell you now. The girls are fine and we’re making our comeback soon!^^ We’ll find time to visit you all! I miss my unnies, my appa, and my umma! I will see you when I can! Take care and God bless! 

~Your little Angrybird ^^ 

 

 

++++

 

 

Dear my Family, 


It has been a long time since I have come home. How long has it been? Days? Months? Years? I have lost count. It’s cliché to say that I miss everyone over there and I have wanted to spend time with you, but sadly, I cannot come so often. I hope everyone is happy. Cheer up, oppa! Cheer up, unnie! Cheer up, appa! And…Umma, Tiffany has finally made a name for herself!^^ Thank you for watching over me. (I know you are. You gave me eight sisters to fill in the place that you’ve vacated.)

If anyone’s worried about me, I’m fine.^^ I’ve heard that Jessi made time to visit everyone there and she even brought back some stuff that you had wanted to send me. I’m so thankful for the goodies!^^ I feel so loved thanks to you, my dear family! Jessi took me to the mall yesterday. We had fun shopping and eating at the mall. She always keeps my mood up by giving me things that cheer me up. Sometimes, she gives off that ‘lover vibe’, you know, like a boyfriend looking out for you whenever you fail to take care of yourself. Keke. 

TaeTae and Yuri are like that, too. TaeTae always asks me to go and watch the movies along with Seohyun. Sometimes, Jessi tags along too. Yuri is like my home hubby. We always spend time together at the dorm, lazing around at night, watching Fashion King and at times, Love Rain. She often cooks something for me to bring with me during schedules. Gosh, those three really like to spoil me. Soonkyu and I are always out on a date. We often spend them on coffee and cupcakes. At times, we get to drive around the neighborhood or hang out at the Han River late at night. 

Hyoyeonie keeps me company whenever I choose to stay late in the practice room. We go over the steps to our dance routines together. And, did you know that Hyo won first place when I came to watch her performance in Dancing with the Stars?! I guess I was her lucky charm as much as she is mine. Kekeke. Sooyoungie often sends me video calls whenever I have schedules that run late into the night. She often sends me inspirational text messages that help me go through the rough day at work. We usually study English back at the dorm. She’s getting better at the language as each day passes. I’m really happy for her!^^

The two maknaes are always keeping me in shape. Yoong never fails to visit the set and encourage me to do my best. That kid is really something. She’s everywhere! I can’t believe that she could make time for me and her other unnies despite her heavily packed schedule. :) Sometimes, I wonder if she’s a super hero or something… >_< Hyunnie is also nagging me to take my vitamins everyday and to get some sleep. But I sometimes can’t help but check out Soshified from time to time that I sometimes forget to take a nap. Kekeke. I usually sign in anonymously or sometimes, I would log-in using my other account so that I can check out updates from my favorite fan fic writers in the forum. Kekeke. Shhh… They will never know… ^^ 

Anyway, I will always pray for you. Take care always and God bless you all! I love you! 

~Love, 
Totoro 

 

++++

 

Dear my Family,

I miss you! How are you? I am fine here in Seoul. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to visit you more often, but I do know that you’re always cheering for me whenever I perform in Dancing with the Stars 2. Thank you for being so understanding and for always encouraging me whenever I take on a challenge. You always give me energy whenever you call me and tell me to stay strong and to always do my best. 

Don’t worry much about me although I only came second in the contest. I am happy enough to know that a lot of people close to my heart supported all the way. 

My stint in the show was hard but my members were really supportive. Taeyeon always gave me encouraging messages through our private chat room and she never fails to call me even late into the night whenever I have my dance practices. She always asked me how I’m doing and what I’d want to eat for dinner or breakfast. That kid’s really like a mother although she deceitfully looks like a child. >_< One time, she visited me in the dance studio and did a really dorky dance that got me and oppa rolling on the floor in laughter. Aish, that dork Kim Taeyeon! Keke.

Sica often drops me off at the dance studio whenever she could spare me some time. We always bicker about the time she’d be able to pick me up. Well, I didn’t ask her to fetch me whenever I’m done with my practices, but that girl is as stubborn as a block of ice. No wonder she’s the Ice Princess! >_< She’s always so violent whenever we both joke around, but she’s such a warm and caring friend. She also bombards me with messages in our chat room and lends me some of her clothes that she had stashed in her car whenever I forget to bring some extra clothes for practice. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter