It's a Pet Thing [YoonSic]

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Hey!”

 

She groaned.

 

“Yah!”

 

A hiss escaped her lips. That ‘thing’ was too loud! She needed her sleep. Yes. Sleep. Now.

 

“Yah! Yah!”

 

The barks continued. Tsss.

 

Her ears twitched. Annoying. She opened one eye, two puppy eyes were staring right back at her. The thing’s nose was sniffing her. She could feel air brush against her face, sending tingling sensations through her head. The most horrifying part was that offending tongue drooling not so far from her beautiful face.

 

Ugh. Disgusting! What is this abomination?!

 

“What?! What do you want?” She growled, her primal instincts as a top predator kicking into her system as she voiced out her irritation.

 

The thing simply grinned at her, unfazed by her display of hostility. “Play. Come play!” The thing leapt and barked. Its tail wagged, making her dizzy at the constant oscillations being made by the long furry tail.

 

She set her head down, resting it gingerly on the pillow, eyes closing in protest against the silent whine as she quietly declined the invitation.

 

No. I do not wish to play. Leave me alone.

 

“Please?” The thing whined and she could sense it settling itself on the ground, pleading for her to concede. She could feel puppy eyes staring right at her, watching her sleep, hoping for her to wake up.

 

“Go play alone.” She mumbled through the fluffiness of the pillow. She inwardly smiled upon hearing the thing’s sigh of defeat, a final whine, before she heard a series of steps fade from the distance.

 

Victory is mine! I shall sleep through the day to celebrate!

 

++++

 

“Hey! Hey! Wake up! Wake up!” She groaned. The barks were irritating her sensitive ears. “Master’s home. Let’s come greet!” She shifted in her sleep, back turned to the thing pestering her.

 

“Hey!” She frowned. This thing isn’t leaving her alone. She stretched and rolled once, before getting up with an annoyed look plastered on face.

 

“I do not need to greet master. Master greets me.” She said matter-of-factly before sprawling herself on her bed once again.

 

The thing tilted its head, a look of confusion was evident on its face. She sighed. This thing is stupid.

 

“I’m different. You’re different. We do things differently.” She explained. “Now go greet master on your own.”

 

She knew the thing would continue to question her. It was about to open its mouth when-

 

“Puppy! Puppy! Come!” Their master’s voice resonated through the house. She smiled. Master just saved her from wasting her energy on this thing. The thing gave her a last look before it scurried to meet their master.

 

She smiled, now she can lounge in peace.

 

++++

 

She sighed. They were alone again. Their master was out at work. The thing was there, body on the floor, facing her. It was an eye sore. The eyes, staring holes right through her, were getting on her nerves.

 

“What do you usually do besides eating and sleeping?” The thing finally asked after a few minutes of silence.

 

She was in a good mood today, havi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter