chapter seventeen

Just because I'm not Perfect

Dana along with a few other girls immediately raised their hands to sit out. Sungjong also decided to sit out after finding out that Dana wasn't playing. 

"Are you mad at me?" Sungjong straightforwardly asked. Dana looked up with wide eyes. "Why aren't you playing?" 

"Cause you're not." He replied. 

"But you love sports! And you know I hate it. Just go play." She tried to convince him.

He shook his head. "I'm not going if you're not." Sungjong persisted.

Helplessly Dana stopped convincing him, she knew how persistent he could and would be.

Many times, Sungjong would make an attempt to talk to Dana but she would just ignore him. He wanted to give her some space so he turned his attention towards the dodgeball game. 

Jaemin and Woohyun were aiming at each other, just missing slightly each time. Woohyun turned around to see a few boys in his team that haven't had a chance to throw the ball. He threw the ball he was holding to one of them. "Here have a shot" 

The boy immediately shook his head. "No no, I'm not good at these games..." 

"Come on, just one throw that's it!" Woohyun persisted.

The boy slowly nodded. Woohyun smiled and threw the ball to him. At that moment, Jaemin grabbed a ball from a teammate close by and threw it hard. 

*BANG* (sorry I don't know what it sounds like when a ball hits someone's back)

Woohyuns arm fell limp to his side, the ball slipping out of his hands. Sungjong immediately stood up and ran over, half way Dana saw Haemin making a gesture across . 

Dana stopped. Sungjong turned around and caught Dana staring at someone then looking down instantly. 

He looked in the direction and wasn't surprised to see Haemin. So that's what it is, he thought.

Sungjong helped Woohyun to the sickbay. "Okay, someone in Woohyuns team come in."

All the girls shrank back, shaking their heads, they all pointed to Dana. Dana's eyes widened and she shook her head. 

"Hurry Dana, we're all waiting. Dana walked over to the court and stood there, expecting to get hit, before the game even began.

-------------------

Sungjong sat next to Woohyuns bed and frowned. Woohyun turned his head and looked at his friend "What's up?" 

"I think Sunmi and Haemin are the reason Dana isn't talking to us. As soon as the ball hit you, she was up and ready to run over, even faster then me. We were both running over when she stopped. I realized she wasn't beside me so I turned around and saw her staring at someone, her eyes turned sad and she started to walk back."

"Really? Who was she looking at?" Woohyun curiously asked. 

"Haemin. I don't know what's Haemin said to her but I think it was about infinite." Sungjong replied.

Woohyun nodded and was going to ask something when the nurse interfered. "Your shoulder is fine, you'll just have to let it rest for a few days before the bruising will stop. So no ball games until then, okay?"

Woohyun nodded. "Okay, you can rest in here until your arm feels better. 

Sungjong stood up, "I'm gonna go back now, Dana's probably lonely, get better hyung!"

-------------------

Dana was lucky to have missed a few balls. Some people in the other team started to whisper, "What the heck, how the heck did that not hit her? She's practically a big target."

Hoya came from behind the boys. "Hmmm, I think that's just your bad aim." Sunggyu nodded agreeing with his friend. The boys looked up embarrassed and walked away.

Haemin and Jaemin started to whisper something to each other and they laughed. "Let's do it,"

Jaemin slowly walked up aiming at a boy in the corner. Dana sighed, she was sick of being aimed at, she wanted to just get off the court. 

Suddenly Jaemin threw the ball back to Haemin. She pulled her arm back and threw the ball, aiming directly at Dana. Dana was still spacing out. L's eyes widened when he saw the ball flying to Dana, "HEADS UP!" he called, trying to run over to block it, but he was a tad too late. 

Dana looked up when she heard someone called out 'heads up.' Unfortunately for her, she looked up all the exact moment the ball was coming at her. 

*SLAM*

The ball hit her straight on the face. She looked up dazed and was shocked to see blood coming out of her nose. Sungjong came in at the same moment and his eyes widened. 

"You can go to the sick bay Dana" The coach called. 

Haemin and Jaemin laughed hi fiving each other. Sungyeol shook his head at them, "not cool, so not cool." 

---------------

Dana walked to the sickbay alone, rejecting Sungjongs help. Tears started to fall out of her eyes. "Why does everyone hate me so much? Why aren't I even allowed to have friends?" Dana covered her face with the hand not grabbing onto her nose. "I shouldnt have agreed to leave infinite alone. If they wanted me to leave them alone they would tell me themselves."

She turned into the sickbay, her eye sized doubled instantly.

-----------------

:o I think this was my longest chapter yet! Why do you think Dana's so surprised? 

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment and subscribe! :) 

*also big thankyou to koala21, for giving me motivation to update!

**song reccomendation: my girl by btob!