chapter twenty-three

Just because I'm not Perfect

 

"See you at two Zelo!" Daehyun smiled as he hung up. He was happy that he would finally get to spend some time with Dana, she had been hanging out with his brother and his friends for the past few days.
 
 L was walking past Daehyun's room when he caught Daehyun smiling to himself. "What's up Hyun? Why are you smiling like that?" L asked.
 
Daehyun's eyes widened in shock when he saw his hyung,"Nothing. I'm just happy." 
 
L raised a brow, suspicious, very suspicious. "Okay...Oh yeah, are you free today? Wanna go grab some lunch?" 
 
Daehyun shook his head, "Sorry hyung, I'm busy." 
 
L nodded, "Fair enough, I'll go see if Dana and the boys are free."
 
At the mention of Dana, Daehyun's eyes widened. "Umm, actually, I'll have lunch with you, lets go!"
 
L frowned, "Huh? It's too early for lunch! We"ll have it at one or two."
 
Daehyun shook his head, "I have somewhere to go then! Can we go get an early lunch?" 
 
L nodded, "Okay, get ready." He walked out of the room with a confused face. Why did Daehyun have a change of mind so suddenly? He shrugged, he was hungry anyway.
----------------------
 
"NOOOOOONA!" Zelo called out. Dana looked up from her pancakes and frowned, "What's wrong?" 
 
"It's urgent!! Come here!" Zelo called. Dana ran over to where Zelo was, he looked perfectly fine.
 
"There's no more snacks! And the Bap boys are coming over soon!" Zelo pouted.
 
Dana laughed and pinched her brothers cheek, "Is that it? We can just go and but some snacks now! What time are they coming over?"
 
"Two" Zelo replied, holding up two fingers.
 
"Then lets get going!" Dana smiled.
---------------
 
"Chips... Chocolate...lollies... Soda... Cheese..Cheese??" Dana said in surprise after reading the checklist. "Since when did you like cheese?"
 
Zelo shrugged, "Dunno, it just suddenly looks appetising." 
 
Dana laughed. "OH YEAH! ICE-CREAM!"
 
People around her started to stare at her weirdly, and some others laughed, "Gee, doesn't she know how big she is? I don't think ice-cream would be a good option. Maybe a carrot stick would be for the best?" Customers around her started to laugh.
 
One person had the guts to confront the woman, "Excuse me? That wasn't very nice..." 
 
Dana looked up and was surprised to see Daehyun talking to the woman. 
 
"I don't think you're in the boat to judge others whether they should be getting ice-cream or not. You're not in the best of shape either." 
 
The lady started to get red in embarrassment, "B-but I'm not as fat as her!" 
 
Daehyun's eyes widened, was this lady bloody joking with him? "Can you just stop? You're just embarrassing yourself. It's her body, her choice." He shook his head walking away.
 
He looked up to see who the poor girl was when he saw Dana. His eyes widened, "Dana? What are you doing here?"
 
She looked at him teary in the eye, "Thanks for indirectly standing up for me." 
 
Daehyun frowned, "That lady was talking about you? Oh my gosh,  Don't listen to her Dana! You just eat as much ice-cream as you want! You're perfect the way you are!" 
 
Dana softly looked at him, that was the first time someone had said she was perfect and meant it. She didn't know why but she started to cry. 
 
Daehyun's eyes widened, "Oh no... Dana please don't cry!"
 
She looked up and gave a small smile, "Thank you Daehyun, thank you so much."
 
"Daehyun?" L called as he looked around. Daehyun looked up and waved at his hyung to get his attention. "Over here!"
 
L looked up and started to walk over when he saw Dana, when she saw him, she looked at him confused, "huh? What are you doing here?" She started to wipe the remaining tears away.
 
"To shop." L smiled, "Isn't it obvious? What are you and Zelo doing here?"
 
Dana smiled. "We ran out of snacks so we were gonna get some for the Bap boys so they can eat when they come over later." 
 
L nodded, so that's why Daehyun didn't want to eat lunch, why couldn't he just tell me? 
 
"Wanna come over too?" Dana asked, "I'm going to be a loner since they're all going to game." 
 
L laughed, "Sure..?" He looked at Daehyun and could see that he was slightly disappointed.
 
So the reason Daehyun wanted to come to lunch was so I couldn't invite Dana to lunch?
-------------------
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in ages :(
I hope you guys enjoy the story and don't forget to comment and subscribe! 
*Listen to 'This love by Gdragon' it's really gooood!