chapter twenty-six

Just because I'm not Perfect

 

L frowned at the practice test question. He had no idea what the question meant. He glanced at his phone, wondering if he should call Dana or not. He looked at the time and decided against it, it's late and she's probably trying to study herself. 
 
Tired, he put down his pen and closed his book, "I'll just come to school early tomorrow."
-------------------
 
Dana closed her practise test and smiled happily, "Done! And it wasn't that bad as well..." 
 
Dana closed her books and put them in her bag, ready for tomorrow and crawled under her covers.
------------------
 
Dana smiled as she entered the library, she had decided to come to school early again. Her eyes widened at the amount of people in the library. There were much more people then yesterday, some were even sharing a single person table.
 
Dana was about to leave when she heard her name being called out. Curiously she turned around. She glanced around the room trying to find the owner of the voice.
 
Finally she saw L waving at her from a distance. She smiled and quickly walked over to where he was. "Good morning! What are you doing here so early?" 
 
L smiled, "Good morning to you too, I'm just trying to cram in some last minute notes."
 
Dana nodded in agreement, "That's good, did you need any help?"
 
L looked up at Dana with wide eyes. 
 
Dana took that as offence and she found her own eyes widening while apologising, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted to see if you needed any extra help since you were struggling yesterday.. Oh no." She wanted to slowly creep away into the crowd of people.
 
L laughed, "What are you on about this time? I'd love some help, I'm struggling."
 
Dana's eyes returned to their normal size and she slowly smiled, "Oh.. That's good then! So whatcha need help on?"
 
"This, this, this.. And oh yeah.. this!" L said flipping through his booklet. He looked up at Dana and saw that she looked blank. 
 
L face palmed himself, great, now she's going to think that you only called her over so she could help you. But she said she'd help me though, right? But still.. It's is way too much to ask a person. Okay, I'll just ask one question and then I'll ask her to come to the cafe to get some hot chocolate as a thanks. Screw the test, I was gonna fail anyway...
 
Dana looked up when she realised L wasn't talking anymore. "L?" 
 
L blinked and looked up at Dana, "Yeah?"
 
Dana laughed, "Nothing, you just looked a little blank. What did you need help with again?" 
 
L shook his head, "Don't worry about it, lets go get something to drink!"
 
Dana frowned in confusion, "But you just said..."
 
"Nothing, forget it." L said, packing his books.
 
Dana put her arm out, "Give me the booklet." 
 
L shook his head, "I said I don't need help!"
 
"Who said I was going to use it to help you? Since you don't need it can I borrow it?" Dana asked again.
 
L reddened in embarrassment and passed over the booklet.
 
"Thanks, you don't mind if I revise loudly right? I learn best when I read over the notes and try explaining it"
 
L nodded, "Thats fine."
 
Dana looked at the booklet L had just given her and smiled, Listen well L.
 
"Cell division... There are 2 types of cell division, Mitosis and Meiosis. Mitosis is involved in growth and repair of the body. So that means if you fall and get a cut, mitosis is what helps heal the cut..."
 
L slowly nodded as he listen to Dana. He slowly understood things a bit more.
 
Dana stole a glance at L and saw that he was taking down notes and smiled, she saw how he would stop once in a while and she would repeat herself. 
 
20 minutes later, Dana put down the booklet and took a long stretch. "Sorry for taking so long to revise." 
 
L quickly looked up, covering his page of notes. "It's no big deal, I was just writing down some lyrics." 
 
Dana glanced over at his page, "ooh! Can I see?" 
 
L nervously shook his head, "It's a surprise." 
 
Dana smiled, "okay, but you have to remember to show me when you're done!"
 
L smiled, but inside he was worried. Now he had to make up some lyrics. "Okay, I'll make sure of that."
 
L and Dana left the library happily. While walking to class, they were greeted by the infinite boys. They quickly walked into class's and sat down. 
 
When the teacher came in with their test papers, Dana turned around and whispered a good luck to L, who happily whispered it back. 
 
Sungyeol, who was sitting next to L frowned, "Why didn't I get a goodluck?"
 
L laughed at his friend, "Good luck. Happy now?" 
 
Sungyeol frowned even more, and turned back to his table.
 
------------------
Hey everyone! Thanks for reading :)
Just wondering, who do you want to read more of? 
-L and Dana?
-Dana and infinite
-Dana and Zelo
-Dana and Daehyun
-Dana and bap 
(Sorry, I don't know how to add polls, since I'm on my iPad but you can comment what you want to see more of)
 
Thanks again! And don't forget to comment and subscribe :)