chapter thirty-seven

Just because I'm not Perfect

Zelo jumped as the front door slammed shut. "Noona?" He called out confused, after no reply, he went upstairs to find his sister.

 

His eyes widened when he entered her room, although she had only been home for a matter of minutes, her room was already scattered with her hidden stashes of snacks.

 

"What's this noona?" Zelo gaped. "Snacks." Dana said opening her bedside table and throwing another handful of candy into the pile.

 

"I meant why are you doing this?" Zelo rephrased his question. "I'm going to change." Dana replied. Zelo frowned in confusion, "Change?" "I'm sick of being a fatass. Look at me I can't control myself." She pointed at the snacks.

 

"Noona, its okay. You are perfect the way you are. A few snacks wont kill you." Zelo encouraged. Dana shook her head, "I dont eat 'a few' snacks Zelo. You should know that. And I am no where near perfect. "

 

Dana picked up her phone and sighed as she typed in a string of words, dreadfully she pressed send. There was no going back now.

<>

 

A few hours later, a knock was heard at the door and Zelo had opened it before Dana appeared on top of the staircase. "Yah Zelo! You've grown so much!" His close cousin Suzy ruffled his hair.

 

Zelo squirmed, "Noona, I'm not young anymore! You cant do that."

 

"Woah, my young dongsaeng has grown up." Suzy smiled. Zelo gave a big smile, Suzy was his favourite cousin. They had the sam humor, shared the same hobbies and she was very outgoing.

 

Slowly Suzy diverted her attention away from her dongsaeng and onto her same aged cousin. Though they were the same age, they were different in so many ways. For one, Suzy was evidently the more popular one. Their appearance, completely opposite. No one would guess they were related at all.

 

"Dana?" Suzy called softly. Dana walked down the stairs and straight into her cousins arms. She clossed her eyes , she had missed this.

 

"Im sorry." Suzy whispered. Dana shook her head. "It wasnt your fault. I was just being stupid." 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Dana grinned as Sehun walked towards her in a slouchy yet sleek manner. Her charmingly smiled at her, "Wanna grab some ice cream after school?"

 

Dana's eyes widened in both shock and joy, was her crush seriously asking her out? I mean he didnt ask her to be his girlfriend, but this could lead on to that.. right? 

 

She quickly nodded incase Sehun decided to change his mind. "Great, I'll meet you at cream ice at 4. Don't be late, I hate people who are tardy." 

 

Dana nodded smiling broadly. "Also, you're Suzy's cousin aren't you?" Sehun asked.

 

Dana nodded. "If you can bring her along." He said. If it was a date, why would he want to bring her cousin along. 

 

"I'm bringing a friend, just to even things up." Sehun answered as though he had heard her question. 

 

Dana nodded, that made sense. As soon as Sehun left, Dana immediately texted her cousin.

 

Dana: SUZY! Are you free after school?! Please say yes! 

Suzy: I have ballet lessons, why?

Dana: Sehun asked me out to eat ice cream 

Suzy: Is this Sehun guy the one you've been crushing on for ages? And that's good for you! Why would you need me?

Dana: Yes! It's him! How exciting!! He wanted me to bring you along because he was bring a plus one too! 

 

Suzy frowned in confusion, if this guy was asking Dana out on a date, why would he bring a plus one? 

 

Dana: pleaseeeeee?!

Suzy: My parents are going to kill me if I skip.

Dana: don't worry! I'll ask them for you, just make sure your at 'cream ice' at 4. Don't be late!! THANKS A BUNCH!!

 

Suzy shook her head and laughed at her phone. How was she going to tell her ballet teacher she was skipping again? 

<>

 

Suzy arrived at cream ice at 3:55. She didn't want to be late, or Dana would talk about this for days. Sulli walked into the store and was surprised Dana wasn't already there. 

 

Meanwhile, back in school Dana was furiously scribbling down notes off the board. She had planned to ask to go to the toilet toward the end of class and then just leave, but like always, plans never work out. Her teacher and demanded that they needed to take notes before they leave.

 

Dana sighed in relief as she jotted down the last word. She glanced at her watched and gasped, it was 4:01!! Se quickly packed her bag and impatiently waited in the queue where her teacher was checking the work. 

 

She finally left the school at 4:06 and ran to cream ice. Huffing she entered the store and saw her cousin, Sehun and another guy.

 

"Dana!" Suzy waved her over. All of a sudden Dana felt as though she was the one who was being invited rather then the other way around.

 

Nonetheless, Dana put on a smile and walked over. She glanced at Sehun who wasn't even looking her way, instead gazing intently at Suzy. 

 

"Hi!" A voice said, snapping Danas attention away from Sehun. Dana smiled politely, "Hi." 

 

"I'm Xiumin." The boy grinned. "I'm Dana." She introduced herself. "Are you Sehuns friend?" 

 

The boy nodded, he glanced over at Sehun and saw that he was immersed in his conversation with Suzy. He motioned her to come closer, "well, we don't hang out often but he suddenly told me to come here with him today. He said he had a date and he wanted me to keep his dates friend company." The boy took a spoonful of his ice cream, "are you her friend?" Xiumin asked.

 

Danas eyes widened in realisation. So Sehun didn't invite her here. He invited Suzy and she was a plus one. She looked over at the two and anger bubbled inside of her as she watched her cousin laugh with her crush. "How can she do this to me when she know I have the biggest crush on him?" Dana bitterly thought. 

 

At that moment Sehun caught her eye but his eyes scanned past her like she was nothing. With her heart shattered, she ran out of the store holding back tears. She hated her cousin. She hated how she was pretty. She hated how everyone liked her. But most of all she hated how she stole her crush from her. 

 

From that day, the two have never spoken despite Suzy's constant missed calls and sorry texts. Eventually Suzy gave up, and their family moved further away, pulling the two further apart then they already were." 

 

END OF FLASH BACK

<>

 

"It's okay." Suzy comforted. "Tell me everything that's happening, and why you've decided to do this." 

<>

 

 

guysssssss so sorry man, I haven't updated in like what, years? OMGOSH I ACTUALLY HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A YEAR!! Hope you guys liked this chapter, please excuse the huge gap between paragraphs :)