chapter two

Just because I'm not Perfect

Nervously Dana walked into the main gates she looked up at her new school. “This is it.”
 

Dana walked down the large hallway that was already dirty from the students running up and down. A group of girls walked past her and she lifted her hand to wave when the girls started to giggle and run off.
 

Dana tilted her head. *Is there something wrong with me? Do I smell?*
 

She shrugged and continued to walk down the hallway. “Excuse me” a teacher walked up to Dana. “Are you a new student?”
Dana nodded slightly disappointed that the first person to approach her wasn’t a student but a teacher.

“Okay, follow me. I’ll give you your schedule and introduce you to other new students.”
 

Dana looked up at the mention of new students. “Well we should get going.” the teacher said walking ahead of Dana.
_____________________________________

 

Dana smiled as she looked at the new students but her smile slowly disappeared when she saw everyone in their own cliques. *Great, If I had come a bit earlier I could’ve been apart of a group.*


The teacher clapped her hand quickly gaining the attention of the students, “This is Dana, our last new student.” The teacher looked at Dana “By the way, I’m Mrs. Lee your English teacher.”


Dana nodded and walked over to the empty seat Mrs. Lee pointed to.
 

Dana sat down and smiled at her desk mate. Her desk mate simply lifted the corners of putting no emotion into the smile.
Dana gave one last smile and turned to the front.


“Okay students, originally, you students were to be put into one new class together because of the large number of students in other classes. But since as you can see, she looked over to a few boys sharing the same table, there isn’t enough space for all of you in a room.” Mrs. Lee paused. “So you will all be having a test to see if anyone has the skills to excel to a year level higher.”


Some students groaned, some students hi fived each other. Dana sat there wondering to herself. *Students in the higher classes are more mature, right? That means I’ll get another chance to make friends!*


Mrs. Lee started to hand out the papers “Okay guys, you have the first two periods to finish this. This is the work the students a level above you are doing, so if any of you students get full marks for this you will be moving up. If not, the two with the highest marks will go up and we will have to split a few students to other classes.”


The students nodded. “Okay, get started.”


Most of the students turned over the work and bent their heads down, giving their their best. While others started to doodle on the papers.


Dana looked at the test and her eyes widened. This was similar to what she learnt in school last year. Her teacher had taught her ‘TOA, CAH and SOH’ and good techniques in essay writing.


Dana finished the conclusion of the essay and smiled, proud of her work. She looked at the clock and saw that there was still a good 20 or so minutes till the test was over.


“Yes Dana?” Mrs. Lee responded to Danas raised hand. “May I go to the toilet?”


“Sorry Dana, we are in test conditions so you can’t leave the room until you give you your paper.”


Dana nodded and stood up with her paper. “Here you go.” Mrs. Lee’s widened “You’re finished?” Dana nodded. “Okay then, you may go.”
 

Dana opened the doors and smiled *Time to explore the school!*

________________________

Hope you enjoyed reading that! More people will be appearing in the next chapter!