Chapter 1--The Meeting

The One [ON HIATUS]

*Bekka(O/C) POV*

“Okay, okay. Mom, I get it. I got it. Love you too, bye!” and I was off to catch my plane. I was going to be staying in Korea for a year, and I had been waiting for this opportunity for years. After the 14 hour flight from the United States, I landed in Korea. I looked around amazed.Korea was beautiful... Sure, I'd lived in the States my whole life, but Korea was breath taking. /p>

“wah, it’s so pretty .I can’t wait to see what happen here.  Oh look a Dunkin Donuts! I’m starving!!” she said to herself as she ran to get a donut.  Broccoli donuts, carrot ones, heart shaped donuts..so many different kinds to choose from! I was about to order when a guy came up from behind me.  He spoke in Engrish.

“Hey. I heard the chocolate donuts are really good; you should try one of those. You don’t look like you’re from around here. Where are from? Do you speak Korean?” he said. He wasn’t very tall, but he was taller than me, My amazing height stands at 5ft 2inches. He looked about the same age as me too. His hair was black and he had a pink hat that wasn’t on straight. I wonder how he keeps his hat on…. I thought.

“Oh, really? Actually chocolate donuts are my favorite! I’m from the United States, but I’m going to be staying here for a year. I speak some Korean.” I smiled at him.

When he heard I spoke Korean, he let out a sigh of relief.  I heard some shouting, then looked over. It looked like 4 guys were yelling at him. He looked disappointed and rushed his good bye.

“Oh sorry, I have to go! I hope I see you again! Bye!” and he waved goodbye.  I was left in the donut shop alone. I ordered my chocolate donut and sat down, wondering who that guy was. He wouldn’t leave my mind…..

*a few weeks later*

                I just got adjusted to the home I was staying in. I was staying with the Park’s. They had a son that was 2 years older than me. I wasn’t going to lie, he was cute. His face was like a baby! So cute!! His name was Hyunchul. He wasn’t home that much, but when he was, we’d always talk to each other. We became really close. At night when he would get home, we’d always play karaoke and sing to each other. His voice was angelic. Every time he sang, I would drift off to dream land. I always wonder when I woke up in the morning, how I ended up in my own bed…. *snaps out of thoughts*

                “Balli! Come on Bekka-ah! We’re going to be late for your first day of school.” Hyunchul rushed me. I gulped down my milk and finished my bowl of rice. As we ran out of the door, he grabbed my hand and made me follow him. I was struggling to keep up with him. Geez. I must be out of shape! It’s been a while since I’ve got good exercise!and how is he so strong! My thoughts got interrupted when I tripped and fell over my own feet.

                “Ouch!” I yelped as blood was dripping down my leg heavily. I was about to stand up, but Hyunchul bent down to help me. His face showed concern over my bleeding leg.

                “Bekka-ah! Gwenchana?!” he frantically asked as he picked me up bridal style and began to ran toward Dongchan High School. His actions caught me off guard and my face turned a light shade of red. However, this only made Hyunchul more worried and he placed his hand on my forehead. Of course this only deepened the shade of red until I was a tomato. Before he could ask  any questions I grabbed his hand and removed it from my burning face. “Ne, I’m fine… I can walk, you know. It’s just a little blood. You don’t have to carry me. I alright” I assured him.

              He smiled at me with a look of concern, “No, you’re not okay….I should carry you… but what do you eat all the time? You’re heavy!”

“Hyunchul!!” , I playfully slapped him, “ Am I really that heavy? Set me down!! “

                Hyunchul just smirked. “aniyo… you’re not heavy at all.. I was just kidding Bekka-ah”. We finally reached the school gates. Everyone stared at us. I awkwardly nodded at them and pleaded Hyunchul to let me down. But he wouldn’t listen to me until we reached the nurse’s office.  He set me down and told the nurse what had happened. Before he left the nurse to tend to me he let me know where the principal’s office was. “It’s okay Bekka-ah. Fighting with your new classmates!! Make lots of friends and I’m really sorry about your leg… I’ll protect you next time!” he encouraged me as  left me on the nurse’s bed.