Chapter 8- The Party

The One [ON HIATUS]

 

*Bekka(O/C) POV*

                Hyunchul’s parents were teasing us. I blushed and looked at my feet. I was grateful that Hyunchul changed the subject. He took me and led me to the car. He opened the door. “For you, my lady” he winked and helped me into the car. I slightly blushed and was taken aback with what he had done.

                “You go from older brother to knight-in-shinning-armor gentleman all in one night? Who knew you could be so surprising.” I played teased and played along.

                “Anything for you, after all, I am your date for tonight. “

                “Ah, arraso, arraso, my ‘knight’. I’m not sure I’m used to this Hyunchul just yet.” I giggled a little but told him the what I honestly thought.

                “I can do things you would’ve never thought. I’m pretty great, right?” He said.

                “Hahah. If you say so. I prefer you and your cute self.” I stuck my tongue out at him teasingly. 

We arrived at the venue for the party. “Wahhh, it’s so pretty!” the building was a all glass overlooking the beach. There were lots of fancy decorations everywhere and lighting. There was soft music playing in the background. We walked over to meet his grandparents. I bowed down and introduced myself. “Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Bekka. It’s nice to meet you.”

                “Is this your date Hyunchul? She’s cute! She’s a keeper!” his grandpa winked at him and his grandma slightly slapped his arm.              

                “Just leave them alone hal-ah-buji.” She scolded her husband then looked at us. “You two are quite adorable. It’s nice to meet you, Bekka.” My cheeks turned a light shade of pink at her comment. “Thank you.” I politely accepted her compliment and tried to get past the awkwardness I was feeling.

                “Oh, please, just call me hal-mu-ni, dear~” His grandmother insisted.

                “Ne. kamsahamnida hal-mu-ni.” I bowed again. Hyunchul then led me off to go look at the food and drag me awat from the awkwardness I was feeling. (LOL. Hyunchul and I share a love for food  ^^) A slow song came on and many couples went to the dance floor. I looked around, and tried not to pay attention to them. I drank some water and ate a dumpling that was out on the table. I was humming to the song and completely zoned out from the song.

                “Bekka. Bekka?”

                “Oh. Oh, sorry Hyunchul. What is it?” I asked, acting interested now.

                “Oh, uh, do you want to dance? We’re kinda the only ones not dancing….” He stuttered. I looked around and his statement was correct. We were the only couple not dancing. I smiled and took his hand. He took that as a yes and guided me to the dance floor. He had his arms around my waist and my arms were around his neck, loosely. I kept shifting in nervousness. I eventually got comfortable with him. I thought dancing with him as I would dance with my older brother I hardly ever got to see since he was so busy in the States. I never got to dance with my older brother and I wished he was in my life more. But I’m glad I have Hyunchul. I rested my head on his shoulder as I would do if I had ever gotten to do with my real older brother. He wrapped me closer to him and we just swayed there for a few minuted until the slow songs stopped and became more upbeat ones. We walked back to the food table—sort of our spot to pass the awkwardness, because, when there’s food, there’s lots you can talk about. (a/n: LOL, I don’t even knowXD back to the story now~ Carry on~)      “What kind of cheese do you like?” I aked Hyunchul in English to confuse him.

                “I like cheese. Fire egg.” He replied in his broken English. Gosh, his Engrish is so cute. I thought to myself. I laughed a little and smiled. Then continued speaking Korean.

                “haha. Hyunchul. You’re English is so cute.”

                “Just like me, right?” he pouted.

                “Sure, sure. Whatever you say Hyunchul.”I smirked.

                “Do you want to take a walk on the beach? It’s really pretty…but not as pretty as you.” I shook my head yes and grinned. We walked out but were stopped by some more of his family. They just teased us that we were a ‘couple’ and I laughed it off awkwardly while Hyunchul spoke to them and I just stood there listening. I found out it was his aunt that was teasing us and it reminded me of my own aunt that has passed away. I fought the urge to cry and remembered what Suhoon has said….never cry alone. The thoughts of what he did for me that day came back in a flood, comforting me and I smiled as I continued listening. Hyunchul finally told them we were going for a walk on the beach and they just smirk and shooed us on. “Go on you, two, take as long as you want!” I turned red at that comment and was about to explain how they misunderstood our relationship but Hyunchul just pulled me along. I found some bubbles on the table on the way put side and grabbed some. We began blowing bubbles at each other watching the ocean waves come into the shore and go back in. We were sitting in the sand. Hyunchul had taken his shoes and socks off. We were digging are feet in the sand blowing bubbles at each other whilst laughing. I kept blowing them on his and he kept doing the same back. I stood up and ran away so he couldn’t blow anymore on me and he got up as well. He started chasing me and we were frolicking around in the water. I was trying to be careful not to get my dress wet, and let me tell you—it was difficult! He finally caught me, wrapping his, surprisingly strong arms, around my waist and swinging me around until we both fell in the sand. We laughed a little longer at our child-like behavior until he became serious.

                “Bekka-ah…I’ve been trying to tell you…..that… ever since I met you, you’ve made me smile. Being around you makes my heart beat faster. Bekka, I think I love you…. Will you be my girl?” Hyunchul told me taking his hand in mine.

                “I….uh….” I stuttered.

*Suhoon’s POV*

                I was at the same venue as Hyunchyul’s family party and decided to say hi to everyone and see how my dongsaeng was….then I saw Bekka and Hyunchul together. I gulped and just followed them. I saw them, walk outside to the beach. They were laughing and smiling and then Hyunchul spun Bekka-ah around and started talking seriously. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but it made my heart sink and I became angry. I snuck up closer behind and listened. I heard Hyuncul say “I think I love you…. Will you be my girl?” My heart stopped upon hearing those words. I heard her stutter.

*Hyunchul’s POV*

                She stuttered. Then I heard her say the words I was afraid of hearing. “I…uh…I’m sorry Hyunchul….I don’t think I like you that way…I really do love you, but I only see you as a brother… Mianhae...” She looked down at her feet. I lifted up her chin so I could see in her eyes.

                “Do you like someone else? Can you give me a chance to change your heart?” I said, fighting back tears. All I heard her keep saying was ‘mianhae’. “It’s okay, Bekka-ah….I understand….I’ll be your older brother figure and protect you…. “ As much as it hurt me to say it, I knew that was the only way to still be close with her. I’d have to learn to see her as only my little dongsaeng, and nothing more. I looked her in the eyes again and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I stood up and left her to be alone for a while.

*Bekka(O/C) POV*

                I couldn’t believe what I had heard….. I felt terrible for turning him down but I only loved him as a brother and nothing more. I knew my feeling wouldn’t grow into romantic feelings and kept saying sorry over and over to him. I could tell his heart was shattered all because of me. But I knew Hyunchul. He was sweet, kind, an amazing cook, he could sing and be, however unexpected, a gentleman and ‘bad boy’ (a/n:LOL, Hyunchul a bad boy. But he’s not as innocent as he looks! ;D hahaha) and he deserved someone better than me who loved him back as more than a sibling. I sat in the sand to digest all that had happened and finally got up and started walking along the beach myself.

*Suhoon’s POV*

                I heard her say “mianhae, mianhae” over and over again. Then I saw Hyunchul cup her face and kiss her cheek. Then he left. What does this mean? Did she decline him? Why did he kiss her cheek? My heart was full of hope when I thought she declined him. But why? Did I like Bekka-ah? But she was younger than I am… But why am I so happy if she didn’t accept him? My thoughts were interrupted when I saw her get up and start walking back, but I didn’t know where to. I hid until I couldn’t see her. Then, I heard loud yelp and almost, crying? Wait, Bekka-ah was the only one out here… Did something happen to her?!

 

 

Cut cut cut cut cut!! So this is the double update! Was it boring? Sorry if it was :/ Also, I’m not that good at writing confessions! Sorry if it totally ! Also, I didn’t check for errors/mistakes, so if you see any, please tell me ^^ thanks to all my readers! Another note: I’m back! I had to finish my homeschooling quickly over my summer break so I could actually enroll in school. I go back to school in about 3 weeks but I’ll try to update as much as I can! Again, thank you all my readers and for supporting my story and not leaving me! ^^ Silent readers, comment! I really do love comments and they encourage me to write more! Thank you thank you! I love you all! *hugs all of you* ^^