Chapter 4- Don't cry alone

The One [ON HIATUS]

 

*Bekka(O/C) POV*

                I was in the middle of deep sleep. I was dreaming of eating ice cream with Suhoon again. His pretty eyes would sparkle and he didn’t seem to mind that I couldn’t take my eyes off him while I was eating my ice cream cone. I heard my phone ringing and immediately woke up from my wonderful dream. I couldn’t brace myself for what I had just heard over the phone. My mom was sobbing and I could hardly make out what she was saying.  “Mom, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? What happened? Are you okay?” I frantically asked my mom questions as tears started to slip out not even know why yet.

                “Your…your Aunt Kathy died from cancer today.” She said in between sobs then started crying uncontrollably. I was trying to process what she had just said…

“What….she couldn’t have...I… but she was fine when I talked to her last.”I managed to speak, although not very clearly. I was really close to my Aunt Kathy and had just talked to her a week ago and she seemed fine. Why did she have to go? Wae! Why her? I was reminiscing in the memories we had together. I would talk to her about everything. She knew all my dreams about going to Korea and my school life, everything. Realizing I wouldn’t get to do that with her made me cry even harder. Tears fell in streams for a long time. I sat on the phone for a while longer with my mom but had to hang up so it wouldn’t cost her a fortune for overseas calls.  I cried myself to sleep but would wake up every few hours choking on my sobs. Tears stained my pillow. It was a fitful night of sleep and I couldn’t stay in bed any longer by dawn. I woke up early, drank a glass of milk, changed my clothes and walked out quietly so I wouldn’t wake up Hyunchul or his parents. I accidently left my phone on my bed but didn’t bother to go back and get it. I sat down on a park swing and began to swing on it gently, letting the tears escape my eyes. I was sitting there for a while and didn’t notice someone had sat down on the next swing.

                “Gwenchana?” he asked me. I looked up to see it was Suhoon. His eyes were sparkling again, but this time with a look of concern and worry.  “May I ask why your crying here by yourself this early in the morning?”

                “Mianhae.. I.. I…” tears began to fall harder and  I tried to speak.  Suhoon patted my shoulder.

                “It’s okay Bekka-ah, it’s okay if you can’t tell me right now… you can just cry. I’ll be here…” Suhoon comforted me. He sat there like that for a few minutes. I managed to stop crying and speak.

                “My aunt… I got a phone call late last night… she…she died of cancer. When I saw her last, she was practically healed of cancer. She brought me my old teddy bear to the airport and told me I should bring it. I told her I was too old for that…but… but if I knew that was the last time I would’ve seen her. I would’ve taken it and told her to stay healthy until I can see her again..” at my last words I began to cry again. I looked up at Suhoon. He was still looking at me. He finally got up and hugged me from behind.

                “Gwenchana Bekka-ah… cry all you want, just use me to cry on…”  I stopped crying and he was still holding me from behind. In his arms I felt secure and warmth. I let him hold me like that for a while longer.  “Bekka-ah, do you lets go eat… you must be hungry.” He pulled me up and we started walking. “You shouldn’t cry by yourself anymore Bekka-ah… you’ll feel more lonely.. if you ever need someone to cry with, I’ll be here…” Suhoon side-hugged me and then released. I was still sobbing a bit, but I wasn’t crying as hard as I was before. Suhoon comfort helped a lot. Then I got curious to why he was up so early so I asked him.

“Suhoon-ssi, why were you up so early?” He casually answered that he always takes walks in the morning before training to get away from Hyunmin, Injun, and Jihwan before their activities for the day. Hyunchul still lived with his parents because it was so close. I just nodded my head. He grabbed my hand again and we started to run. He took me to a spicy noodle restaurant. He told me that we should go through all 8 levels of spicy noodles. That was we could cry all we wanted together and nobody would noticed. That’s how he explained it to me. We were on level 7 and I asked him if we could make it to level 8 as tears ran down both of our cheeks.

                “Ne, I think we can make it! Fighting!” he encouraged both of us. We ordered the hottest spicy noodle dish and it made us cry just by the smell of it. We both finished our bowls and did a victory dance.  I smiled for the first time since I received the call at his cute little victory dance. Suhoon pulled me along and said, “Come on! Now that we’ve cried together, lets laugh!” First he took me to get ice cream to cool down our tongues from the burning noodles. I ordered my first.

                “I’d like a large chocolate and peanutbutter ice cream please!” I ordered. Afterall, chocolate was good for hurting hearts, right?    

                “You can eat a large?!” he asked me, shocked. I assured him that I could. I mean, I really loved ice cream.  “I’ll just get a small vanilla ice cream cone” he ordered. I .

                “Suhoon, you’re so boring; only getting vanilla!” We talked for a little while our ice cream. Some of my ice cream dripped on my finger. So I wiped the ice cream on his nose.

                “Yah! Why did you do that to my beautiful face?” He retaliated and put some ice cream on my cheek.

                “It’s because your eyes make me stare at you like you casted some spell on me~~”  I playfully told him.

                “It’s not my fault my eyes are so gorgeous” Suhoon laughed. “Do you want to go to an amusement park? We don’t have any activities and I don’t want you to have to go home and cry again… let’s go to Lotte World! Have you been there yet Bekka-ah?”

                “Really?? You’ll take me there?? I haven’t been there yet… but in the States I always dreamed of going there!”

                “Yeah, let’s go! First… I need a disguise in case any of my fans notice me.” Suhoon told me. I had almost forgot he was in a boyband. He got a hat and some sunglasses and was good to go. We rode a cab to Lotte World. When we pulled up I was mesmerized. In the states we had Disney World, Universal Studios and Six Flags… but this was cooler than all of them. We started by riding all roller coasters. We never noticed anything out of the ordinary and were happy that we didn’t get caught by any of his fans. We played a few games and then I saw a big stuffed duck. It was so cute. I pointed it out to Suhoon and he wanted to win it for me. “Okay, I win it for you Bekka-ah!” He knocked down all the cans and picked out the duck for me.

                “Gomawo, Suhoon-ssi.” I thanked him.

                “If you’re so thankful, then you should call me ‘oppa’ for now on. “ He smiled.

                “Umm… okay…” I said awkwardly. I had never called anyone oppa before and it would be weird saying it.

                “Come on Bekka-ah, I want to hear you call me oppa.” He insisted I call him oppa in front of him.

                “Gomawo….Suhoon….Suhoon-oppa..” I said quietly.

                “See, it wasn’t that hard. Come on, let go on another ride.” He smiled and pulled me along. When we were done riding all the rides we wanted to ride it was almost close to 7pm.

                “Oh! I forgot my phone and didn’t tell anyone where I went. I should be getting home right now. They must be really worried!” I panicked when I remembered I had totally forgotten about them.

                “It’s okay Bekka-ah. I call Hyunchul and tell him I’m with you. I’ll take you home.”

 

*Suhoon POV*

                I took out my phone and dialed Hyunchul’s number. He answered the phone and sounded really worried. “Suhoon-hyung! Have you seen Bekka-ah? I haven’t seen her since last night and she left her phone on her bed!”

                “Calm down, calm down. She’s right here with me. She’s been with me the whole day. She’s fine..” I tried to calm Hyunchul down.

*Hyunchul POV*

                “Calm down, calm down. She’s right here with me. She’s been with me the whole say. She’s fine” Suhoon told me. I was relieved but my heart felt uneasy. She’s been with me the whole day. The whole day. It made my heart sink to know she was with him the whole day. I didn’t even know why I was upset. Did I want to be the one that was with her the whole day?

 

 

So, what did you guys think? Sorry this chapter was mainly about Bekka and Suhoon. I’ll add the other members in next update! Tell me what you think and leave comments!! ^^ Gomawo! Saranghae!! Also, I would love it if you answered this poll! Here's the link: 

(Did the link work?) Leave comments! They motivate me to update faster! I love you! ^^