Chapter 2- We meet again?

The One [ON HIATUS]

 

*Bekka(O/C) POV*

                I sat on the bed in the nurse’s office until she bandaged my leg. Why was I so clumsy? And on my first day of school too! I got my uniform socks all dirty from falling and I had a huge bandage on my leg. Wae wae wae!!  I was already 10 minutes late to my first hour and still had to find the principal’s office .I hoped my teacher wouldn’t get mad at me… As I was meandering around the school to find the principal’s office, I bumped into a girl as I was walking and made her drop all over books.” . She was Korean, of course. She was really pretty with long black hair.  “Oh! Mianhae. I didn’t mean to bump  into you…I should’ve been paying attention…mianhae..” I managed to stutter as I quickly helped her pick up her books.

“Aniyo..It’s okay… you didn’t mean to. Gwenchana?” She asked me when she noticed my bandaged leg. “I haven’t seen you around here before, are you new to this school?” the girl asked in English when I didn’t reply right away.  

“Ne, I’m new. I’m a transfer student from the United States. But I can speak in Korean some as well. My name is Bekka, by the way.” I replied in English.

“Oh hi, nice to meet you,  Bekka. I’m Krystal. I’m from the United States too.  Do you want me show you around the school? How old are you?” Krystal smiled at me. I told her I was 17. “Hi Unnie~~ "she laughed a bit, “I’m your dongsaeng then. I’m only 16^^”. 

“Annyeong Krystal-ah~” I replied as she showed me to the principal’s office.

“I better get back to class, but it was nice meeting Bekka unnie! I hope I see you around the school” she waved goodbye. I stepped into the principal’s office and I saw a cheeky looking boy in the chair. It looked like he was getting disciplined. I silently waved at him as I walked on by. When the principal was done speaking with the boy, the principal told me to sit down. He gave me my schedule. I read over it in my head. Math, Science, Social Studies, lunch… ahh why do I have my worst subjects right next to each other…aigoo.

Miss, do you need help getting to class? I’ll send Injun with you to help you get to your first class. I think you have the same class together.” Then to Injun the principal spoke sternly “Injun. If I have to see you in my office again, I won’t let you off so easy. Please show Bekka to her class and don’t get in any more trouble.”

“Arraso Principal Kim. I’ll show her around” the boy whose name I guessed was Injun. I looked in his direction and he motioned me to follow him outside into the hallway. He was dark brown hair. He was kind of cute, too. And he had an adorable smile. “Hey, I’m Injun. It’s nice to meet you. Come on! I’ll show you around! Or can you walk with your leg?” he grabbed my hand as we started to run even though I didn’t respond. It was hard to catch everything he was saying he was talking so fast! “ we have the same class. I’m 18. How old are you Bekka?” Injun  continued.This time I replied when I could breathe steadily again.

“I’m 17. I guess I’m your dongsaeng then…..” I stopped for a few seconds. “You’re probably wondering where I’m from, right? I’m from America… people keep wondering, so I thought I’d tell you.” We he heard I was from America, he smiled big.

                “I love you~~!!” he said in English with a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Eh!!? I just met you!” I told him. Then in Korean I asked him if that was the only words he knew in English. Not surprisingly, they were about the only ones. I guess he’s still learning English then… We arrived at out math class. We were laughing while we entered because he was telling me a funny story about his dog, Jang Boah.

 Everyone stopped and starred when we entered. I looked around. Injun took his neat near the front. I bowed 90 degrees to the teacher and introduced myself. He smiled politely and nodded at me to take a seat next to the guy who looked familiar somehow…I wondered where I had seen him before… He just stared at me, almost the whole time. I was a little creeped out but I tried my best to focus on what the teacher was saying since math wasn’t my strongest subjects. Heck, I had a hard time with math in America, and learning math in Korean wasn’t much easier! I looked back at my seat partner. He looked like he was concentrating on something, but I know it wasn’t the lesson being taught because he'd occasionaly glance at me. I poked him just to see what he would do. He jumped up out of his seat, causing the whole class to stop and stare. His face turned a shade of pink from embarrassment. .The teacher just glared at him and wanted to talk with him after class and then resumed with the lesson. He didn’t look at me until class was over.  I just thought he was mad at me… I hope he wasn’t… Everyone kept giving me death glares,  but I didn’t know why. I wondered what I had done wrong. Then he spoke.

“Hey…you’re that girl from the airport picking out donuts, right?” He gave me an uneasy smile. Perhaps because he wasn’t sure if it was me or not. So that was him from the airport. I never got his name… seeing him up close…he’s really cute. I stared at him, maybe a second too long because he caught me and I quickly looked away. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer. To hide my burning cheeks, I decided to walk on to my next class without saying anything else. I turned to walk out when I felt his warm hand grab mine…….

 

You all want to know who that guy is that grabbed Bekka’s hand? You’ll find out next chapter! ;) Leave me comments please! :) Gomawo! I love all my readers, the silent ones too, but I would LOVE it if you commented!! ^-^