Chapter 14

The One [ON HIATUS]

 

*a week later*

*Bekka’s POV*

After that night with Suhoon, things were different. Things were different inside of me. School went as usual but I felt different inside whenever I saw him. I tried to hide from when I saw him. I couldn’t face him anymore. I didn’t have any reason to ignore him---I just did. I was hanging out with Jihwan in the studio and he was teaching how to dance to EXO’s song ‘History’. I was currently in love with EXO. 

“You just shake your pockets with your hands. It’s really easy. Try it!” Jihwan encouraged me to try out the dance. I had watched him dance to the first 30 seconds of the song at least twenty times. I loved dancing, but I pretty much learning dances and remembering them. You could call me dance challenged.

“Fine. But it I fail and look stupid, I quit!” I said half seriously , half sarcastically. I started moving my pants pockets to the music and attempted the first moves. I forgot the other parts so I made up my own sloppy moves and stopped. “ See! I can’t even do it right! I at dancing. I can’t sing, dance or play an instrument. I can’t do anything!” you sulked to Jihwan.

“No, Bekka-ah! You weren’t that bad—“

“Come on Jihwan, you know I was terrible.” I interrupted him. He laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

 “Well, you just need more practice! I will not let you quit~! That would make me a bad teacher and I am NOT having a bad reputation!” Jihwan retorted, not making me feel much better. I let out a sigh and laughed because that’s the only thing I can do to not make myself go crazy. I’m a perfectionist sometimes and just need to take a breather and tell myself that it’s okay if something isn’t perfect.

“I’ll take you out for a smoothie, Bekka-ah! It’s for all your hard work. Let’s go!” Jihwan pulled me along and we entered Smoothie King. ‘Haha yay! Free food! ‘ I thought.

“what would you like Bekka??”

“umm… I was gonna go for a mango pineapple or strawberry banana smoothie. How about you Jihwannie?”  He laughed.  “wae? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to try one of those too! Let’s get both and we can share. Is that okay?”

“Sure, works for me!” I replied with a smile on my face. Jihwan ordered and we found a table outside and sat down.

“Phewww. All that dancing makes me hungry. The smoothie sounds so good right now. I want it to hurry upppp.” I complained. He chuckled and flicked me in the forehead softly. “eey! What was that for??” I demanded rubbing my forhead. He just smiled that cute smile and I laughed.

“Here are your drinks! Enjoy! You two are so cute together~~” the waitress complimented.

“Uhhh..we’re not dating. We’re just friends!” Jihwan replied as I blushed taken aback from the incident.

“ooh… well you two would make a great couple!” the waitress said and walked away. I stayed silent and awkwardly smiled. I brushed it off quickly and Jihwan and I continued to talk.

“ready to go? I’ll walk you home Bekka-ah.”

“Sure. Let’s go! Thanks for the smoothie and dance lesson teacher Jihwan!” I said and stuck my tongue out at him at the last part.

“you’re so childish sometimes!” he playfully said and pulled me along. I scoffed.

“As if! Have you seen the way you are? You’re more childish than me!!” I defended and stuck my tongue out again.  We laughed again and talked until we reached my apartment. Jihwan never fails to make me smile. He’s a great friend! “ Do you want to come in for a bit? I have nothing else to do today. That is, if you’re not busy.” I asked. He slipped off his shoes and walked in. Hyunchul was on the couch watching a drama.

“Oh hey Hyunchul oppa!” I greeted as I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Jihwan followed. “What drama are you watching? I’m a drama addict, you know?”

“The last episode of Rooftop Prince!” he smile. “oh hey Jihwannie. You came with Bekka?” he turned his head when he finally realized Jihwan was there too.

“Hey Hyung. You and your dramas…aish..” Jihwan teased.

“Quiet Jihwan! We’re trying to watch it!” Hyunchul hushed him up. I was also focused on Roof top Prince too. 

“Uggg I’m leaving if all you’re going to do is watch the drama! I’ll go find something else to do!” He got up and left.

“Okay, bye Jihwan! See ya later! Thanks for everything again!” I said without taking my eyes from the tv screen. He sighed and went on his way. Hyunchul and I were glued to the screen. We would clap and cry at the tv, like it could actually hear us. Good thing Jihwan left, or he would’ve thought we were crazy. When it ended Hyunchul turned off the tv and we went to the kitched. I checked my phone. 2 new messages: from Suhoon

Bekka! Are you busy?

-From Suhoon

I guess you’re busy, huh?

-From Suhoon

Oops. I was too absorbed into the drama and dancing earlier that I wasn’t able to reply. I quickly typed in a reply while I searched the fridge for food. Suhoon quickly replied.

 

 

Okay, would you like to have dinner?

-From Suhoon

He said to meet him at 6:30 which was in about 20 minutes at a dukkbokki stand. I was in the mood for dukkbokki and was excited to eat…and see Suhoon. 

“Hey Hyunchul. Do you want to eat some dukkbokki with me in a little bit? I’m going with Suhoon.”  Hyunchul thought about it for a while. “Well, do you want to?” I asked again hoping he’d say yes.

“…I guess since we don’t really having anything in the fridge… will it be okay though?” he hesitantly replied. I nodded.

“ Yeah, I’ll just let Suhoon know.” It’s not that I didn’t like going out with Suhoon alone… in fact, I was so happy when he texted me and asked me to eat. But I get nervous around Suhoon sometimes. He makes me feel all weird inside…but I liked it. I was just afraid of what it would mean. When I start liking someone, I fall hard for them; and that’s what I’m afraid of the most. I texted Suhoon to let him know Hyunchul and I were on our way.

*Suhoon’s POV*

I asked Bekka-ah for dinner and she replied with a ‘yes’. Yay! I was so excited. I felt as though all week she was trying to avoid me and I missed talking to her. She was all I ever thought about. Of course, I would never let anyone know that. Bekka-ah was so sweet and pretty and gahh! I just really like her. She makes me feel what no other girl has. It’s the first time I ever felt this way about a girl. I really like her. When she cries, it breaks my heart. I want to comfort her through all her troubles. When she smiles, it makes my heart burn with joy and when she laughs, I could just about go crazy. She’s stolen my heart and I have never ever been happier! I hope she feels the same way I do… I would be crushed if she didn’t.  Being in the friend zone is okay for me. As long as I can be with her and see her smile, I’ll be happy. She replied again saying she was coming with Hyunchul. I felt my heart drop a little. I wanted it just to be us….

*later at the dukkbokki stand*

I saw Bekka hooked arms with Hyunchul laughing as they came. I waved. “Hey Bekka and Jihwan!” I put on a smile even though I was a bit jealous of Hyunchul even though I know they have no deeper relationship than an oppa-dongsaeng one. They waved and we sat down after we ordered.  Bekka was in the middle of both of us. I would talk to her but she could never fully look into my eyes for more than a few second and would quickly look somewhere else when I caught her looking at me. Hyunchul noticed the awkwardness between us.

“I just remembered I have to help my mom with something! I’m really sorry! I’ll see you at home later tonight, okay Bekka? See you later Hyung!” Hyunchul said rushed and walked away leaving the two of us alone.

 

 

A/N: an update for you! I really love you guys!! Thank you for all your support. this is a small update as I conmtinue to rack my brain for ideas and inspirtation. Enjoy, yes?? ^^ Leave a comment, too? Please :)