Chapter.19

The Hunger Games (Exo addition)

The next morning,the temperature had raised again and it woke me up.The woods were slightly damp from the condensation but it was hot around here.I took off the blanket cause I was sweating so much,and stuffed it into my bag.I took one of the crackers and broke a bit off.I had to make my food supply last so I only ate a little.I zipped up my bag and started to climb down.

I had almost reached the bottom,only a few metres left.But one of the branches broke and I fell to the ground with a thud.Damn trees...

"Tch,typical gamemakers...",I mumbled.They probably set that up,intending for me to fall.

My angle hurt a lot and I guessed there was a slight sprain to it.I had to carry on so I pulled myself up and started to head off,to find some drinkable water.I had to limb a little bit but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

I remember a few years ago,I went hunting with Key.We'd had a bad week and couldn't find much edible stuff,so we were both pretty skinny,as well as Zelo and Taemin.The lack of food had caused my bones to become weak and easily broken.I slipped on some mud and fell on my arm.The bone snapped into two and my arm became limb.Key had to carry me back to the town and get a doctor in to fix my arm.Eventually,it healed and was perfectly fine.No need to say how devastated Zelo was when I came home.

So I started to head towards anywhere that seemed to have any animals.I found the trap I made on the way and I hadn't caught anything.Tch looks like I'll have to find some plants or berries.But I have to be careful incase I pick up any Nightlock.

Nightlock are berries that look edible,but are actually extremely deadly.They can kill you in less than a minute,but they just look like normal berries.Key and I once came across them and were going to eat them,until we saw a deer eat some near by.The deer dropped dead in less that 40 seconds and Key and I dropped the berries and took the deer instead >:).

No time for stories and jokes,need to find some water.I kept walking and the woods have seemed to have gotten dryer.The condensation must have gone a long ago.But why does it still smell like dampness?I touched a tree and it felt as dry as a bone.I then walked a little further and picked up some leaves.They were damp?They were damp.....They were damp!

I ran forward,forgetting my angle was sprained and I toppled over.I fell down a steep hill and rolled all the way down.Sticks and branches scratched my face and arms,blood seeping out the cuts.

After tumbling some more,I came to a stop where the floor was wet and it sounded as if a waterfall was near.I looked up and saw I had 'tumbled' upon a lake.I praised the gamemakers for once and quickly got out my water bottle and let it fill up in the clear water.I cupped some water in my hand and started to drink some of the holy water.

I closed the lid on my bottle and placed it back in my bag.I washed my face in the lake and some of my fresh cuts that stinked slightly.After that,I stood up and set out to find some teammates.

I walked for hours and hours and had seen no one.It seemed like I was the only one in these damn woods.I decided that I should take a quick nap cause I was getting tired.I closed my eyes and I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up from the smell of something burning.I cracked open my eyes and saw that the forest around me was burning!How did this happen?!

I shot up and tried to run away from the burning trees.Smoke filled the air and I couldn't help but cough.Not good....

I ran fast until I saw a flame heading right for me.It was a fire ball!I quickly jumped out the way,barely missing it.Another came straight to me and I jumped again,accidentally hurting my angle.I didn't leap as far as I wanted and the fire ball sindged my hair!It was too short that my hair lacky fell off.My hair was now up to my shoulders and it was uneven.

Another fire ball came towards me and it caught my leg in the blaze.

"AHHH!",I yelped in pain.

I saw that the small fire had gone through my trousers and had burned a wound into my leg.It was small but stung so much.

"GAH!!",I yelped again and quickly ran away.

I ran like my life depended on it (well it did) and I made it to a random lake that was close by.I dumped my self in and it felt so much better,my burn felt cooled.I put my head back and enjoyed the cool water.

As if things couldn't get any worse,I heard shouting from afar.

"THAT'S HER!!".

I looked up and saw the Chinese team together,running towards me.