Chapter.29

The Hunger Games (Exo addition)

D.O and I walked around the forest,still looking for anything edible.Geez,the gamemakers are really making it hard for us now.We haven't really found anything that we can survive on,not the whole team.The sky was now dark and it was hard to see.We decided to call it a day and get back to the cave.Everyone must of woken up by now and is worried sick.

Just when we were about to walk back,the bushes near us rustled.We stopped and looked at each other quickly before I slowly got an arrow ready to shoot.D.O slowly walked over to the bushes and was about to push then aside,when a huge dog jumped out at him.It started to snarl at D.O and I panicked.I shot the arrow right into it's neck and it collapsed right beside D.O.He got up and stepped over to me while panicking.

"We need to go",D.O said.I couldn't agree more!

We ran in a different direction and noticed,that we were near where the games began.I heard rumbling from far and I guessed that more of those huge dogs are coming.We ran and ran and soon were in the clearing where the games began.The huge metal object that held the weapons,was high enough to keep the dogs away from us.We climbed up it and soon,we were sitting on the top of the object,panting.

"You okay?",D.O asked.I nodded.

"You?",I asked.He nodded back.

The dogs were trying to reach up the top of object but weren't big enough.There was about 5 of them now and they were barking their heads off.I wished they'd shut up cause Luhan and Kris could come and shoot us dead from here.

"Well just our luck...",a voice said.

D.O and I snapped out heads back and saw Kris and Luhan standing not too far behind us.Smirks were on their faces as Luhan's arms were crossed,while Kris held his sword in his right hand.Oh god,really?! I stood up and held an arrow to my bow,before aiming it at them.D.O stood up beside me and was boiling with anger.Both Kris and Luhan didn't look bothered that there was man eating dogs trying to get up here.

"What are the odds we would meet here huh?",Kris said,while his smirk grew bigger.

"Judging by the man eating dogs,very big",D.O said while glaring.

"You know,you are really starting to piss me off Kyungsoo",Luhan said.D.O growled at him.

Luhan then lunged and D.O and knocked him to his back.I turned and was about to release my arrow into Luhan's neck,when my arrow stayed in place.I looked back and saw that Kris was holding my arrow,preventing it from being fired.Kris then grabbed my bow and arrows on my back,then threw them away.They landed where the dogs were and they destroyed it in seconds.

"You keep worming your way out of our grip,but I think your stuck this time",Kris said as he then clapped his palm on my mouth and his other arm was wrapped around my stomach.I tried to struggle but his strength was too much for me.

Luhan wrestled with D.O but soon had his head over the side of the metal object.The dogs tried to lunge for his head but they couldn't reach.But any lower and they'll have his head.I tried to some how get out of Kris's grip and help D.O,but strength isn't Kris's ability for nothing.

Just when Luhan was about to push D.O into the crowd of dogs,I elbowed Kris in the ribs and pushed him away.But what I didn't mean to do was for him to fly over the edge of the object,and into the man eating dogs.The dogs started to eat him and tear off his limbs to eat.His yelling was heard threw out the forest and now I felt increadibly guilty.I-I didn't mean for him to fall over! I-I swear!

Luhan had noticed Kris went over and leaped off of D.O.Luhan ran over to the edge of the object and a look of horror was on his face.D.O got up while holding his neck,taking in all the air.I ran to his side and helped him sit up.

"You okay?",I asked him.He nodded but then he looked over at Luhan.I looked over too and I saw that Luhan looked seriously lost.

I've never seen him so...vulnerable.Before,he didn't care about anyone besides himself,but now he looks like a little boy.Luhan then sat back up and turned his head to us,looking extrememly frightened.He then got on his knees and bowed his head down to us.

"I-I'm so sorry for all I've d-done.P-Please...don't k-kill me...",Luhan said,begging.

I was shocked.Stunned.Astonished.Is this really Luhan?It can't be...Luhan bows to no one.
Right now,I forgot all he did wrong.I felt so sorry for him,having to watch his teammates get killed,then is probably going to be killed brutally.

Suddenly,the bong sound was heard again.The same voice was heard again.

"Ladies and Gentlemen,if these 2 tributes kill the last Chinese tribute,their country and district will be awarded by their winnings.Good Luck,and may the odds be ever in your favour..".

The bong was heard and it was now quiet again.I looked and saw Luhan's face had turned white.He turned to look at us again and then bowed his head back down.

"M-Make my death quick....",he stuttered.

I grew angry.I pulled D.O up and left his side.I walked over to Luhan and stood infront of him.He remained in his bowing position and was shivering in fear.I then crouched down to his level and wrapped my arms around Luhan's neck.He jerked up and was in a sitting position.I knew D.O was astonished also but I held Luhan tightly.

"We're not going to kill you",I said to him.

"Y-You must,not only will it bring shame to my district and country,but will get your team killed!",Luhan said while panicking.

I unhugged him and sat infront of him.He still looked scared but he was also confused.I stood up and pulled Luhan up with me.I pulled him over to D.O and stood beside him.

I had a plan.I know that the people watching this don't want to see us die.Espcially me.I know it sounds selfish,but if I die here,then the viewers will become angry and possible cause and uprising.So I pulled out the Nightlock from my pocket,and showed it to D.O.He looked at me in shock.

"Don't",He said.

I ignored him and placed some in his hand.D.O then saw what I was getting at and nodded.I turned and gave some to Luhan.He looked clueless right now,but that's probably better.I had some in my hand and I turned to Luhan and D.O.

"On 3",I said.Luhan didn't know what was going on,but was going to obey.

"1",D.O said.

"2",Luhan said,scared.

"3",I gulped as we all raised the berries to our mouths.