Chapter.3

The Hunger Games (Exo addition)
Zelo's body froze.All the children turned to look at the scared boy.I couldn't even move,I was too in shock.Same with Key and Taemin.
 
"Where are you?",said CL."Come on out!".
 
Zelo started to walk to the isle that lead to the stage.Peace keepers stayed beside him and led him towards the stage.I had to act now.
 
"Zelo!",I said.He turned and stopped down the isle.I ran out the group of children and on to the isle.
 
"Zelo!!",I shouted.Peace keepers stepped in front of me and pushed me back.
 
"No!!I VOLUNTEER!!I VOLUNTEER!!",I screamed.I pushed threw the peace keepers."I volunteer as a tribute!".
 
"I-I believe we have a volunteer for Zelo.Um Mr.President?",CL said shocked.
 
Zelo ran to be with tears starting to flow down his face.We hugged in the middle of the isle and I quickly pulled apart.
 
"Zelo,your gonna go stand with Key".
 
"No!No Noona!!".
 
"Your gonna go stand with him right now.I'm sorry so Zelo!".
 
"NOONA!!".
 
Key pushed threw the children and quickly started to pull Zelo away.He had an iron grip on my arm and he kept on screaming.
 
"NO!NOONA!!".
 
Zelo lost his grip and Key carried him back into the group of children.The peace keepers took my side and we had to start to walk to the stage.
 
"Well I never.District 7's very first volunteer!",CL said quite gob smacked.
 
We reached the stairs that led to the stage.CL stood up the top with her hand out.I started to walk up them with my arms slightly shaking.
 
"Come on dear!",she said as I slowly walked up.
 
Once I reached there,CL guided me towards the microphone.She stood me beside her as she stood at the microphone,as happy as ever.
 
"Now,can you tell us your name?".She pushed the microphone to me.
 
"Kim Junki....",I barely said.God my throat is so dry and cracked.
 
"Well Miss Kim,I bet that was your brother wasn't it?",she asked pushing the microphone to me again.
 
"Yes...",I spotted Key in the crowd,holding a crying Zelo in his arms.It made my heart ache....
 
"Well let's have a big hand for District 7's very first volunteer,Kim Junki",CL started to clap but silence spread threw the square.
 
Then,one child put up 3 fingers.Then another,then another and now,the whole square had there 3 fingers up.
 
In this district,that means hope and gratitude.It shows how much someone is thankful for what you've done or what your going to do.But it is mostly done at funerals,which made me more nervous than I already am.
 
"Representing District 7,is Kim Junki.And may the odds be ever in your favour",CL said as the peace keeper started to push me towards the doors.I glanced back to Key and saw him looking lifeless.
 
----------------
 
I stood looking out the window which showed the whole of District 7.It may be the last time I'll see it again,so I might as well take it in.I gripped on to the window frame till my knuckles grew white.There was a knock on the door and I turned to see Zelo walking in with a tear stained face.
 
"You have 3 minutes",the peace keeper said then closed the door.
 
Zelo immediately hugged me tightly and cried down my back.I gripped on to him tight and didn't want to let go.
 
"Stay with Key while I'm gone.He'll take care of you",I said.I needed to give him some advice...in case I don't come back.We broke our hug.I looked into his red,puffy eyes.
 
"Just try to win maybe you can...and please come back Noona.I can't live without you......",he said while trying not to cry.
 
"I will.I promise that I'll win...I'll do it for you",I said while cupping his cheeks.
 
"Don't go braking down okay?We've gotten threw worse.Remember when that boy was bullying you in school and you told me.So I went down into the playground and nearly punched him,if it wasn't for that fat teacher?",I said.Zelo was able to laugh a little and it made me smile.
 
The door opened and a peace keeper came in.He grabbed Zelo and started to drag him out.He struggled and I tried to grab him back.
 
"No!NOONA!".
 
"I promise Zelo-".
 
The door shut and it was silent again.How could they only give you 3 minutes to let you say good bye to your family,who you'll probably never see again?
It's ridiculous and cruel!
 
I walked over to the door and grabbed the door knob.I turned it and peeked threw the crack.I saw a peace keeper guarding so I closed it.But it opened again and I saw Key walk in.I was relieved and he shut the door behind him.I hugged him tightly and he hugged back.
 
"I'm fine!",I said a little too fast.
 
"No your not",he replied.Damn you Key....
 
We broke apart and we both looked at each other intensely.
 
"You survive Junki.You show them and you get to a bow!".
 
"But what if they don't have-".
 
"Then you make one!You know how to hunt!".
 
"Animals.......".
 
"There's no difference".
 
"Key,there's 13 of us and the opposite is highly trained.....I-I can't be like them".
 
"You are like them.Your above them....you show mercy,you know what your doing.You come back here and tell me who was right okay?".
 
I nodded while still in shock.This was just too over whelming......There wasn't enough time to say how I felt.
 
A peace keeper came in and dragged Key out.
 
"I'll see you soon!".
 
The door closed and now there was no one left to come see me.I was now on my own....in silence.....