wolves

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter eleven: wolves

Jin Young turned his head as a boy with blue hair headed towards him. He remembered him as Jae Ah’s twin brother and smiled kindly, “Jaehyun, right?”

 

    “Yeah.” Jaehyun said as he slowed to stop in front of the older boy. He paused, sticking his hands into the pockets of his black jeans before speaking, “Do you know if there are wolves in the forest?”

 

    Jin Young froze, taken back by his sudden question. “U-Um,” Jin Young forced a smile back on his lips, “I guess there might be. Why? Did you see one?”

 

    Jaehyun shook his head, not seeing the unease in Jin Young’s eyes. “No, but I think Jae Ah did. She said she felt like something was staring at her from the forest. Weird. I didn’t know there were wolves out here.”
 

    “Who knows?” Jin Young’s voice came out more rushed. “Listen, I have to go but we’ll talk later, okay?” He quickly sped away from the younger boy, afraid that his expression might give something away to the obviously sharp Jaehyun.

 

    He didn’t slow down his rapid footsteps until he was at the border of the forest. He took a deep breath before glancing around to make sure no one could see him before entering the forest. He decided it wouldn’t be the best idea to shift so it took him longer than usual to get to Jaebum’s house but he eventually did.

 

    The other boys were busy on the lawn of the house, surrounding two wolves that playfully battled it out as part of their training. Another man, their teacher, stood on the side with his arms crossed and bulging muscles as he eyed the boys.

 

    Mark turned to face Jin Young as he joined the circle and dropped his backpack next to him. Jin Young looked back to him but Mark simply stared at him, not speaking. After a few moments passed, Jin Young spoke first, “Jaehyun asked me if there were wolves in the forest today. You said that Jae Ah didn’t see you that night.”

 

    Although Mark’s expression didn’t change, Jaebum’s did. He turned to Jin Young from the other side of Mark with a surprised expression, “Jae Ah saw a wolf?” He looked to Mark, “You let her see you?”
 

    “No.” Mark finally said. “She didn’t see me.”
 

    The sliver of doubt didn’t leave Jaebum’s eyes though and Mark felt a surge of irritation that he didn’t believe him. Mark lost control sometimes but he would never be that idiotic as to let a human see him. It wasn’t an unknown fact to him that his eyes glowed in wolf form and any human would find that odd, even if they didn’t know much about wolves.

 

    “Oh yeah!” YugYeom yelled from the other end of the circle before he bounded over to them. “Jin Young hyung, we found something. It’s an old journal that one of the elder’s owns. It talked about Mark hyung’s parents in it and something about how they were different from normal wolves, stronger.”
 

    “Stronger? How?” Jin Young asked, interested.

 

    “It didn’t say.” Mark replied to him.

 

    “Mark,” Jaebum called out to him, “can I talk to you?”
 

    Mark turned to him, but didn’t answer right away. He, truthfully, didn’t want to talk with Jaebum. He knew that he would get a lecture from his Alpha about how he needed to be more careful, even if Jae Ah was his mate. She couldn’t find out about his secret until she accepted him. But Jaebum was still his leader, his Alpha, and he couldn’t ignore an Alpha’s command.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter