brothers

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter nineteen: brothers

Mark broke through the treeline in a full sprint with his eyes honed in on Jaebum’s large house. He could almost see red through his glowing sapphire eyes. He launched himself up with his hind paws as the porch steps came into view and barrelled through the dark wooden double doors. The doors flew off their hinges from his force leaving wooden remains lying around the foyer.

 

A low growl left Mark’s mouth as he raised his nose into the air and the scent of blood filled his senses. His bright eyes snapped to the staircase and he was pounding up them in moments. He came to a stumbling stop in front of a set of open double doors and froze, his eyes glued on the bodies crowded around something on the king-sized bed.

 

He took one step into the room before the others noticed him and spun their eyes towards him. Jaebum was the closest to him, standing near the outer edge of the group. The Alpha’s eyes were dark, almost black, and the anger was livid on his expression.

 

Young Jae was on the other side of the group, standing in the outside similarly to Jaebum. His expression was devastated as he quickly swung his eyes back to the youngest of the group, unable to act or speak but unable to look away.

 

Jackson stood near the back, by the head of the bed. His serious expression was frightening, as Jackson didn’t get serious very often. But the dangerous glint in his dark eyes was proof that he wasn’t his usual happy self.

 

Jin Young and Bam Bam were closest to Yugyeom. They hovered over him on either side of the bed, constantly touching him to make sure he wasn’t in too much pain. Bam Bam didn’t focus on Mark for long as he went back to taking care of his best friend, but Jin Young’s eyes leveled on the wolf and slightly hardened.

 

“Where have you been?” Jin Young finally asked, breaking silence that had fallen in the room. Bam Bam began muttering again, talking to the unconscious Yugyeom as if he could answer back.

 

Mark obviously couldn’t answer, as he was in wolf form, but by the look on Jin Young’s face, the latter already knew the answer. Mark felt a sharp pang of guilt in his heart as Jin Young’s disappointed expression turned back to the youngest. Jin Young never did like humans.

 

Mark slowly came forward, letting his eyes fall on Yugyeom’s still body. He froze once more though, as soon as the wounds came into sight.

 

Yugyeom had a visible gaping cut on his stomach, with his shirt shredded around it. Although it had been bandaged, slightly messily, it was still bleeding profusely, which only meant one thing. It had been made by silver. But besides the obvious wound, cuts striked up and down the youth’s arms and legs, leaving him looking mauled.

 

Mark’s eyes left him, unable to stare at the once cheerful and happy boy, and went to the others. He noticed, now, that they all were hurt and bleeding, although they ignored their own wounds to take care of the worst ones on Yugyeom.

 

“He should be okay.” Jackson’s low voice broke the silence once more and Mark snapped his large head to him. Jackson’s eyes were glued on who he regarded as a younger brother, “He should be okay as long as the cut doesn’t get infected.”

 

But the chances of the wound getting infected were also likely. Silver was the wolves’ worst enemy. It left them mortal. With regular injuries or cuts, the wolves would heal in a quick amount of time but with silver, they were as useless as humans. And the wound on Yugyeom was not a very kind one. He could easily bleed out or get infected and then face even larger consequences.

 

How did this happen?

 

Mark’s telepathic question was left with silence. He turned his head to look at his Alpha, wanting ans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter