deceptions

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter thirty six; deceptions

    Jae Ah let out a shaky breath as her finger hovered over the doorbell to Jinwoo’s apartment. She had to go in. She couldn’t stay outside forever. But she was still terrified.

 

She hadn’t seen Mark or his Pack in almost a week. Everyday, Jinwoo had been stuck to her side like glue. Even Jaehyun had gotten suspicious seeing him around again. But no matter how much he bothered his sister to tell him what was happening, she refused.

 

Mark had been contacting her through Jin Young’s mom’s phone so that his number wouldn’t be traced back to her. Jin Young secretly checked up on her during lectures they had together. She had also seen a glimpse of Jackson’s flashy vehicle when she was at the grocery store the other day. In their own ways, the Pack members were making sure she was alright.

 

So far, Jinwoo hadn’t suspected a thing. Or if he had, he wasn’t making it known. Jae Ah wasn’t sure whether to be reassured by that fact or more nervous because of it. Could Jinwoo had already figured it all out? If so, then she was walking straight into the lion’s den today.

 

He had messaged her this morning that their plan was finally going to go forward to take the Pack down. And because she knew the most about the wolves, since she had met them personally, she had to tell the other Hunters what she knew.

 

This also meant that this was the day that Jae Ah had been waiting for. She would meet all the Hunters and be able to let Mark and Jin Young know who they were. Then, the Pack could finally plan their counter attack, hopefully before the Hunters even realized what had happened.

 

Jae Ah’s eyes closed momentarily before snapping open again. She had to do this. She couldn’t show any fear, otherwise Jinwoo would become suspicious. With a newfound determination, Jae Ah pressed her finger onto the doorbell and heard it ring from the other end of the apartment door.

 

Moments later, the door swung open and Jinwoo was smiling at her. “Jae Ah,” He called, reaching out a hand to her. She slowly took it and he pulled her into the apartment, bringing her into his arms. Jae Ah held back her cringe as he kissed the side of her head.

 

How could the kisses she once found so endearing seem so poisonous now? Jae Ah wasn’t even sure how it had all shifted 180 degrees. Now, the only kiss she was craving was from a man that turned into a wolf in his spare time.

 

“Don’t be scared.” Jinwoo spoke as she slipped off her shoes. “They aren’t that scary. Actually, you probably won’t find them scary at all.” His smile widened, “You’ve met them before so it won’t be too weird.”

 

Jae Ah stilled, “Huh?”

 

“The other Hunters.” Jinwoo tilted his head, not understanding her surprise. “You’ve met them before. My friends, Jae Ah. They are all Hunters.”

 

Jae Ah’s mind reeled towards the boys that Jinwoo had so vehemently stuck with for the last few months. The boys she’d hung out with countless times. They were all Hunters.

 

Jae Ah wasn’t sure how she could have been so stupid. It should have been an obvious conclusion that they would all be Hunters. Their most common factor was apparently their hatred for shape shifters and she hadn’t even realized it.

 

“Right.” Jae Ah muttered, following him into the living room.

 

The first one she saw Seung Yoon. He stood up, smiling kindly at her. His round face and soft features stood familiar to her and she tried her best to hold back her shock and confusion at the revelation of who he truly was. His low voice reached out to her, “Hey, Jae Ah.”

 

“Yeah,” Mino suddenly appeared behind Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter